Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is money the root of all evil

48 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Its the people who use it with out thinking about what they're doing. (and Flame Sage, no offense, but how many Topics have you made this week of December 6, 2008?)

(None taken.) I have posted three topics this week.

I just post what pops into my head.

And i like reading every ones opinions. :joy:

These people have some cool opinions. :biggrin:

Edited by Flame sage (see edit history)

Posted

Anyways, again, The money couldn't be the root of all evil because it is a tool.

A tool is a tool, it won't do anything unless someone else is using it.

For example: if whole house was ruined by a carpenter with a hammer, and you had to pay 100,000 dollars or what ever currency you use, would you sue the hammer, or the carpenter.

Posted

It's not money that's evil. It's the fact that not everybody has it. Rich people don't want to share with poor people, because they need the money to live too and they probably don't want to have a poorer quality of life so that poor people can eat.

I have to admit, I don't blame them.

Posted (edited)

Yes because rich people deserve all their abundance of money and poor people don't derserve anything.

I mean, rich people are human and poor people aren't.

Edited by DungeonMaster (see edit history)

Posted

I'm not saying that rich people deserve all the money. I'm just saying that they're selfish, and I think I know why. They've grown accustomed to a certain quality and don't ant to risk that.

Can you honestly say that, if you were rich and could have anything you want, you would give up your wealth to the poor and live a poorer lifestyle.

I don't think I could. But you never know what you'd do until you're in the situation do you?

Posted

No you don't. But what's the point of having $100000000000000000000000000000000 when you're only going to spend 0.00000000000000001% of it.

Posted

I think that might be a tiny bit exaggerated.

I have a friend who's quite rich.

Posted

iI think it's alcohol,it's the problem,and solution to all of lifes problems

Posted

the capitalist system is what that is holding the world back from becoming a better place for everyone. Humans are actually not that evil.

Posted

the capitalist system is what that is holding the world back from becoming a better place for everyone.

Yeah, the whole thing about the commies killing millions of political dissedents wasn't evil at all... :headbang:

Posted

Reasons why we don't barter anymore:

You can't exactly bring a cow over to your local Gamestop to trade for a video game.

The things being traded need to have the exact same value. It's hard to trade half a cow.

Bartering isn't done in developed nations anymore because money works better.

Put it in a wagon.

Trade the whole thing, you have tons of them back home.

They went along with the fad. What losers.

Posted

Reasons why we don't barter anymore:

You can't exactly bring a cow over to your local Gamestop to trade for a video game.

The things being traded need to have the exact same value. It's hard to trade half a cow.

Bartering isn't done in developed nations anymore because money works better.

Who says bartering doesn't work anymore? Did you ever hear of "One Red Paperclip"? It's about a guy, Kyle MacDonald, who traded up from a single red paperclip to a two story farmhouse. The best part is, it's a true story. Google it.

Anyway, money isn't evil. You can't exactly blame money for a murder performed by a psycopath. Then again, you can prove almost anything. Maybe money is evil. Maybe not.

Maybe it's greed that's evil, and the money just stimulates it.

Posted

Yeah, the whole thing about the commies killing millions of political dissedents wasn't evil at all... :headbang:

wtf does that have to do with anything? Do you even know your history?

Posted

wtf does that have to do with anything? Do you even know your history?

It means that capitalism beats the heck out of the alternative. Why else would so many people sail to America from Cuba in rickety homemade rafts. Capitalism is a good thing.

Posted (edited)

Hurray for Capitalism!!! Although, it has some problems with it, like for example they might go out of control with their wealth that they start buying other companies thus getting more money to buy other companies, and the system goes on and on until they control the country, how ever, what I just said is very unlikely to happen.

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)