Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Is money the root of all evil

48 posts in this topic

Posted

Actually, Frost Giant, there are laws against having a monopoly. Then again, Google is getting there...

Posted (edited)

Chuck Norris has a monopoly, all the businesses in the world.

Also, when Chunk Norris plays monopoly it effects the actual word economy. (and that how he got his monopoly of all the businesses in the world)

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

It's definitely the root of a good bit of evil.

Posted

You mean it's part of the root of evil?

Posted

You mean it's part of the root of evil?

People cheat each other out for money.People trick others for money.People have sneaky ways of stealing your money.There's some evil that comes from money.Ever hear of anyone killing another person for his or her money?It happens.One guy carjacked,shot and killed my best friend's dad for money.

Posted

Chuck Norris has a monopoly, all the businesses in the world.

Also, when Chunk Norris plays monopoly it effects the actual word economy. (and that how he got his monopoly of all the businesses in the world)

LOL CHUCK NORRIS JOKES ARE SO FUNNY.

Posted

I would say that the love of money is the root of all evil.

Posted

Ahhhh money is the root of all evil, but money is the answer to everything ^_^

Posted

It means that capitalism beats the heck out of the alternative. Why else would so many people sail to America from Cuba in rickety homemade rafts. Capitalism is a good thing.

Capitalism is a horrible thing! A tool for the imperialistic filthy rich!

There are other alternatives, not just communism; socialdemocracy, socialliberalism, anarchocommunism.

Posted

Capitalism is a horrible thing! A tool for the imperialistic filthy rich!

There are other alternatives, not just communism; socialdemocracy, socialliberalism, anarchocommunism.

I take it Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness are horrible tools for the imperialistic filthy rich, as well? Because the concept of freedom also includes the free market, which is capitalism.

Posted

*sigh*

Money isn't the root of all evil. Only some of it.

The rest is covered by religion and weeaboos.

Namely me.

If you really want to have a good look at all the reasons, there's always Wikipedia. The Root of All Evil?

Russell's teapot

Dawkins rounds off this episode with a presentation of Bertrand Russell's celestial teapot analogy. He argues that just because science has not yet answered every conceivable question about the universe, there is no need to turn to faith, which has never answered anything of significance.

BURN!

But never mind. I hope you can find anything out from the above link to good old Wikipedia. ^-^

Posted

money does not have a brain and can only ever be used as a tool. Only if money brought out the worst in everyone would I believe that it was the root of all evil.. though the simple fact that money can be used for good should prove that money cannot be the root of all evil, only that it can sometimes be used for evil.

Posted

I would say that the love of money is the root of all evil.

what a very concise way of putting it, well done!

Posted

After reading The Lord of the Flies, I think that evil doesn't come from money. If you think back to before money, there was still evil. It just comes from people. Not things.

Posted

I think that money is the result of evil. Think about it. We didn't always have money, but there we evil people way back when. Some dude probably invented it so he could get more stuff. I'm not saying money in itself, or even economy, is evil, but evil people can use it to get what they want.