The Legend of Zelda: Betrayal

681 posts in this topic

Posted

Subae was surprisingly cheery. He jumped in the rain. It seemed to be getting heavier. He didn't care. It was fun to be wet. He splashed in the puddles and the dark blue Ocarina swung on his neck.

--------------------

Nia ran through the soaked streets of Castletown. The rain had come and gone already. Ayame must have noticed that something was amiss. He had been gone for so long. He looked around the empty streets. They were silent and dark. Nia looked around. He caught a glimpse of the Main gate. A dark figure slipped into the shadows behind him. He looked and saw nothing. Only a quiet sucking kind of sound. He could find the source. It seemed to surround him and close in on him. Nia walked away.

The splashing of puddles echoed through the empty street.

Will finish later.

Posted (edited)

Bathy, i gave 2 hints on destorying the barriers. One hint was the letters "Unb", which is the first 3 letters of the object needed to destory the barrier, and i gave some hints of the adventure into the alternate realm, and the alternate part of the Fused Shadow.

The item was in the Dark race for one post.

Edited by Doubleagent (see edit history)

Posted

Adn watched as Subae splashed around. Adn didn't mind the rain either but she had too many things on her mind to feel happy. Lae had her eyes on Subae so she couldn't see Adn. Adn also saw the blue Ocarina swinging on his neck, it reminded her of Nia. Adn kept her eyes firnly on Subae as she asked Lae "What is so dangerous in Arbiter's Grounds?"

Ayame had sent out someone to find Nia, she supposed that her power over him must have worn of by now. 'I can't risk him meeting the others.'. She had taken steps against that of course but, just in case she had better be cautiously.

Posted

Bathy, i gave 2 hints on destorying the barriers. One hint was the letters "Unb", which is the first 3 letters of the object needed to destory the barrier, and i gave some hints of the adventure into the alternate realm, and the alternate part of the Fused Shadow.

The item was in the Dark race for one post.

If the realm is this Arcane poo, then it's not happening. If it's Termina, that's o.k I guess. But anywhere but Hyrule, Twilight Realm and Termina shouldn't be allowed. Unless there's another the place in the Zelda Universe that I'm missing out. And I don't like the sound of an alternate fused shadow. Does that always need to be the answer? The fused shadow? Anyway. I PMd my idea to Dark Midna. She's actually hinting at it in some posts... We have plenty of things that we could potentially put to use. We don't need to introduce more and make things complicated.

Nia knew now that he was being followed. On more than one occasion he had caught a glimpse of a shadowy figure sinking into the darkness. He had also quickened his pace. He knew his way to the gates from here. Hopefully they were open. If not, he didn't know what to do. He rounded the corner and saw the gates. It's open? Nia was confused by this. There were no guards either. Is this a plan or just brilliant luck? Nia wondered. Nonetheless. It was too good an opportunity to let pass him by. He made for it. He didn't stop to listen for the sounds of pursuit. He simply ran. He made it to the gates. He peered around the streets and across the open bridge. It was all clear. What's going on? Nia wondered. The silence was unsettling. The sucking sound was back. But he could now tell that it was from the street behind him. Whatever it was was letting it's guard down. It didn't need to hide anymore.

Nia looked back down the street. Beasts climbed from the shadows slowly before thundering across the cobbled stone towards him. Nia made for the other side of the bridge. The beasts kept pursuit. Nia made it to soft grey grass on the other side. He looked back momentarily to see the beasts chasing him. Nia turned back to the Field and ran. The barrier wasn't as big as Nia had guessed. He was nearing the edge. He crashed through the barrier completely unharmed. He didn't understand it, but he had made it through... So easily too. He stood under the harsh sunlight. He looked above and felt incredibly tired and uncomfortable. He didn't know why but the world of light was almost sickening to him. He breathed deeply and staggered away across the grass. The light stung at his eyes and it seemed to burn his flesh.

Nia walked for many hours before he caught sight of a group in the distance. He looked closely. He could see many figures. They swayed in his vision. He barked once. One of them turned to look. Nia sighed and looked into the sky. It beat him down and he collapsed.

In a nutshell - Nia escaped, he began to get very tired when he got back to the world of light. Then he collapsed moments after seeing a group of people.

Posted

Lae and Adn were walking side by side. Both wolves had their eyes on the strangely chipper striped cat. Lae had never thought that she would see any of his kind in Hyrule, but there he was.

"What is so dangerous in Arbiter's Grounds?" asked Adn. Lae looked at her. Her memory flashed.

NO! her mind screamed. She couldn't run. The sand was pulling her down, and worse, the dead ones were coming closer. They walked on top of the sand, as if unaffected by gravity. Their empty, hollow eyes stared at the wolf without expression. But it was this lack of expression that made them so terrifying.

Her claws scrambled desperately, trying to find something to stop her descent. Suddenly, she found it. A great, heavy chain, buried in the sand. She reached out her muzzle as far as she could, trying to grab the chain, but it was too far...

Lae shuddered, and it was not because of the rain. "Everything, Adn." she said. "Everything about that place is dangerous."

Unknown to the wolves, Subae had begun to listen in on their conversation.

Adn was silent for a moment, then she said, in low tones, "Lae.....Stallord is dead."

The tan wolf's eyes narrowed. "Stallord....was the least of the evils in that place."

Posted

can people still sign up?

Name:Isaak

Race:hylian

Weapons:energy sword

History:I found my sward inside an EAL!

Good or Evil:good

Posted

Ooc: Doesn't your character have any real history? What about appearance? And what is an EAL...?

And do you know what this RP is all about? I suggest you read it in its entirety before making your first story post.

Posted

he meant an eel, a sea creature that tends to zap you.

Posted

Adn looked at Lae and decided that she probably shouldn't ask further. 'Worse than Stallord? It must be pretty bad.' Stallord was the undead beast that was ressurected by Zant many, many years ago. 'What else could be in there?' Adn pondered this for a while and then she remembered that the Arbiter's Grounds had been unvisted since the defeat of Stallord, except for Lae, no one in living memory had gone in that place.

'This may be more dangerous than I thought...' Adn was thinking over all the things that had been told about that place. Arbiter's Grounds was said to be a comlete maze and it was where the Sages dwell. This at least was a fact, for two people had seen the Sages, Exor and... Ayame.

Posted (edited)

While Ryoo was walking, he had pulled something out of a small bag and was playing with it in his hand. Curious as usual, Moira crept up beside him and peered over his shoulder at it. It was a small handful of sand.

As she watched, Ryoo muttered a spell and the sand began to move of its own accord. It formed itself into the shape of a dagger, about two inches in length, resembling a stone-carved arrowhead. It melted, glowing red hot, and when it had cooled, Ryoo held a glass dagger in his hand.

"Impressive." said Moira. "Are you going to be able to do that on a larger scale?"

Ryoo tucked the dagger away. This might come n handy later. "If it were a simple mirror, or even a mirror of seeing like the one you so ungraciously broke, I could. But I don't think it's going to be that simple this time."

Moira nodded her understanding. "You said it would require special spells. Am I right in assuming that you don't know these spells?" Ryoo's eyebrow twitched in irritation, and Moira smiled. She likes pointing things like that out to the proud warlock.

"Okay then," she continued. "Where are we going to learn these spells? From the Sages?"

"We can ask them.." answered Ryoo. "But it's not certain they'll tell us anything. They don't normally go handing out spells to..."

"Travelers!" shouted Specever from up ahead.

Ryoo looked annoyed, and shouted back, "I was going to say passerby!"

"No, I mean there are travelers up ahead! A big group of them, they must be refugees from Castle Town!" said Specever, pointing ahead of them on the road. Sure enough, not far ahead of them on the road, a group of travelers on horseback were coming.

Ryoo quickly turned to Moira. "I'm not saying anything about your looks." he said flatly, then he pressed his entire hand over her entire face. "Ryyuu?!" said Moira's muffled voice. "Whrt..?"

He said a few short, strange words, then released her and she gasped and felt her face. "What did you do?!" she cried.

"I may have saved your life, though I don't think it was in danger. Those are only merchants." he said. "Though, were we to come across a group of Twili soldiers or spies, you'd be thanking me. That disguise will last until I use the spell to reverse it."

"What...disguise...?" Moira took a round silver object from her bag and flipped it open to reveal a mirror. She stared at her reflection.

Her skin had darkened; it had a tan look to it, though not the severe tan that desert dwellers had. Her hair was the same, but her eyes had changed from brown to crimson. Her clothing was different as well. Instead of her rich green hunting garb, she wore a tighter-fitting outfit of a much more toned-down sage green, and her boots had changed from brown to gray leather. Her cloak was now gray as well. She looked up at Ryoo. "I'm....a Sheikah?"

"So clever." said Ryoo, who began to walk away. Ralin was stifling a laugh. Moira mouthed "Shut up..." to him, and kept walking.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

can people still sign up?

Name:Isaak

Race:hylian

Weapons:energy sword

History:I found my sward inside an EAL!

Good or Evil:good

XD inside an EAL, even funnier the second time.

sorry bout this guys, i mention hyrule.net to alot of people at my school, this is one of those people......

.......then AFTER i helped him make a account and make this post..... i found out he might only be able to use the school computer, =( this was probobly a mistake.....

i'll explain this RP more to him tommorow.

Posted

Adn spotted something laying near the boundary between Castletown and Hyrule Field. She ran towards it and Lae followed her. The rest of the group was looking in Adn's direction as they're eyes fell upon the thing laying in the grass. Adn was the first to reach it and breathed "Nia."

Posted (edited)

"Stallord....was the least of the evils in that place."

Stallordrender.png

STALLORD!

Will post after. :D

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Nia opened his eyes slowly. Adn's face came into view. "Nia?" she asked. She was slightly surprised, slightly in shock. "Is that you?" she asked, bewildered.

Nia groaned a little. He felt sick in this heat and light. The rain had passed. Thank God the rain is gone. I used to love it but... Something's changed. Nia wasn't talking about the rain. He felt something different about his body. His skin felt a little tighter and his fur... "Nia. What happened to you? You're grey?" Adn looked at him as he stood up. "Must have been from the Twilight..." Adn guessed. Lae hadn't said anything yet. She was still wary of Nia.

"I guess so. I just escaped... Ayame had be... Brainwashed I guess." Nia mumbled, shaking his head. Nia's energy was returning a little. It was something to do with the edge of the twilight. This edge of the twilight in fact.

--------------------

Subae stooped splashing in the puddles. Adn and Lae had run off to check something out. It was a wolf. With grey fur... Subae went after Lae and Adn who stood beside the wolf. As Subae neared them he began to notice the wolf's resemblance to Nia. He caught up to them. He stopped for a second. Nia automatically recognised and Subae slowly realised who Nia was. Before Adn could turn to speak, Subae had punced at Nia. Nia jumped to the side and dodged. Subae's attack. Lae leapt on Subae and grounded him. Subae rolled through the mud and got back up, panting. Nia backed away growling, his teeth bared. Lae and Adn stood with Nia. They had realised that he was back to normal. The fur along Subae's spine stood on end and he stood, ready to attack. He looked from Adn, to Lae, to Nia. The odds were against him. He backed off a bit and calmed down. The wolves calmed too, but kept alert.

The wolves walked away to the group and left Subae to smoulder. He followed a moment after the others left. He wouldn't dare attack Nia now. But this definitely ruined his day. Rawr...

Posted (edited)

Adn answered the inquiring looks of the others with a short answer "It's Nia." Eveyone instantly broke into convestation, everyone looked warily at Nia. Adn thought about Nia's words "I just escaped... Ayame had be... Brainwashed I guess." 'It makes no sense, what is causing it?' Adn felt something strange awaken it's presence for the first time and she was aware of the source of the strange light reflected on the ground, the crystal. Adn turned quickly away from the others so that they couldn't see it. The glow slowly subsided and Adn was completly paniced 'Is the same thing that happened to Nia starting to hapen to me?' Adn turned her head and she was almost certain the at least one of them had spotted her.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)