The Legend of Zelda: Betrayal

681 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Ooc: Bathy's right; there have never been vampires in Zelda, therefore I don't think this character should be allowed. Sorry, Specever. And Doubleagent, you weren't quite clear about what happens to those inside the barrier. do they become spirits, like in Twilight Princess? Or are they unaffected?

I think whenever someone puts forth a new element into the story, they should explain exactly what it is that they are putting in, and how it affects the world around it. Including how it will affect other characters or people in the background. Then we wouldn't have to spend as much time going back and forth in confusion, and the story can continue.

As it is, I really want to get on with it, so here I go. I'm just going to decide for myself. I am Queen of Hyrule, after all.

EDIT: Oh, I see. I'll be sure to remember about the energy draining.

Bic:

Moira threw open her chamber door and hastily pulled the cover off of the enchanted mirror. Ain was only a moment or two behind her. Shouting could still be heard from below; Moira had a bad feeling in her gut about this.

"Any reflective surface..." she said to herself. She took a breath and stared into the mirror. This had better work. "Ralin!" she said into the mirror, and immediately her reflection began to distort.

--------

Ralin was in Kakariko Cemetary with the others, searching for some hint of the shard. No Mirror shards here....he thought, ruefully. Just shards of glass everywhere....what?!

One of the shards of glass nearby began to glow brightly. It was a large piece, very flat and almost as reflective as a mirror. He picked it up as the others came over to investigate. As they stared, Moira's image formed on the surface.

"Ralin!" she said, hurriedly. "I...I can see you! Where are you?"

"We're in Kakariko." he said. "Moira, things aren't good here; there are Twili monsters everywhere, and there's some sort of...I don't know.....I think it's a knight of some kind roaming around, summoning Dark creatures!"

They all heard an ominous sound from the center of town.

-----

The image was gone. Moira gasped. "What....! Ralin!" The image swirled and darkened, and finally Ralin's face appeared again.

"Gods....." he said, out of breath. "There's some sort of barrier.....it's the middle of the day, but everything's gone dark! And Ryoo's been knocked out...."

"The same thing's happened here!" Moira replied. "What's worse, the Twili prisoners Crimson captured have broken free, and.....Ralin, they're taking the Castle! They're too strong!"

Suddenly, there was a great blast of magic power below; a great tremor shook the Castle, and Moira watched in horror as the mirror fell from it's stand and shattered into hundreds of pieces on the stone floor.

"NO!" she cried.

-------

In Kakariko, Ralin suddenly lost contact with Moira. "Moira!" he yelled, but the shard of glass had gone dark. She was gone.

Aaron, who had been bent over Ryoo, turned to the others. "He's waking up!" he said.

With a groan, Ryoo sat up, rubbing his forehead. "The best laid plans..." he mumbled. "Why does this always happen...?"

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Now the barriers drain the energy of any non-Twili inside, and the closer you get to the edge of the barrier, the faster your energy is drained. I changed the post about the barriers too.

Edited by Doubleagent (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Moira stared in shock at the shattered mirror. As the sounds of battle reached a crescendo below, all the world was dark outside, like nightfall, broken only by the glow of Twilit magic in the streets below. Moira ran to the window. She could see them moving through the city; dark creatures...even from this height, she could tell they were Twili.

All at once it hit Moira that she was trapped. The situation was hopeless. She put her back to the wall, and slowly slid down to the floor, eyes staring straight forward. Hopeless....Hyrule has fallen...again...and I could do nothing to prevent it.

"My Lady..." said Ain, distressed. "We must get you away from the Castle. Come!" He reached out a hand for Moira to take, but she didn't move. She just looked up at her friend.

"The world is being covered in darkness...." she said, her voice quiet and fearful. "After everything that we did, it just lead us into another war...another Dark age."

Ain narrowed his gaze, then bent down and shook Moira by her shoulders. "Listen to me!" he said harshly. Her eyes went wide; she had never seen Ain lose his countenance, not even when Ishka was killed. "Hyrule will not fall again; not with the Triforce found, and not with a rightful Queen on the throne. And you are on the throne, Moira, whether we hold the Castle or not! But you won't be if you are dead!" He stared at her for a moment, then he regained his calm.

Then, there was a loud crash. There was more shouting from below, only closer this time. "The Castle will be lost soon.." Ain said. "And Queen Ayame will no doubt transport herself here once the Twili have secured it for her. We must get you out of the city at once, My Lady."

Moira nodded and stood up. Stop acting like a scared child...she chided herself. This is just another mission, and your job is to deliver the message, no matter the danger.

Quickly, she took a hooded cloak from her wardrobe, along with her bow, quiver, and other weapons. She threw the cloak over herself, covering her head with the hood. "You know a way out?" she asked of Ain. The Sheikah nodded.

Posted (edited)

well.... i just... kinda strayed away from the original zelda storyline.... but he acts as if he were a vampire.... plus, he came from a different world... so you can decide to either let him be a vampire or not, plus, i have a special meaning for him, >=).....

wow.... i think i got the opposite of writers block.....oooooo.....its like a shock in my spine......

Sawyer had gotten away from the beast, then as he was running, he ran into a quite solid object, then he fell back and shouted "ACK!" he looked up and saw a man, "that was a horrible display i saw there" the man said "w.... what?" Sawyer said, barely getting out the words "you ran from that monster so fast, you almost left a ghostly implant of yourself back there, though it was very fun to watch, i never knew a man could be a coward" the man said "i... wasn't....um....running because i was afraid.... i ran... because.....i.....um....needed...to get.....toilet....wipes...." Sawyer said "that is probably the worst excuse ever thought up by something living!" the man said "well.....what about you? didn't you run?" Sawyer said "WHAT! I KNOCKED THAT MONSTER ON ITS BACK!!" the man shouted, then he started floating in the air, but Sawyer was already gone "heh.... coward" the obviously Mr. Tiny said, floating back to the ground.

Sawyer was running away from Mr. Tiny, and he was running so fast, when he was about to hit the barrier, and he was moving so fast, instead of losing his energy and collapsing, he just broke through it and after he did, the barrier rippled. But just about 30 seconds AFTER he passed through the barrier, he collapsed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"These creators are smart, but Ika is helping me shield my presence"

Cyrus and Zalus arrived at the edge of Lake Hylia up in Gerudo Desert. "were here, thank you Wyrm" Cyrus said, "i am in your will" Cyrus heard the Wyrm think.

Cyrus walked through the edge of Lake Hylia, "Zalus, can you find Connor?" Cyrus asked the bird, the bird nodded "okay, FLY!" he said, the bird shot into the air and quickly flew in the direction of Kakariko Village, and Cyrus quickly ran after him.

Ruysc walked into the palace "ah, My lord, you are here, we have a crucial bit of info that you might want to know..." Darren said "hmm... what is it?" Ruysc asked "um.... we....have...info...that...your....original....has come back into Hyrule" Darren said "my what?" Ruysc said "um... your...original......you...are....a....copy...." Darren said, his voice growing smaller "what? I'm a copy? who is my original?" Ruysc said "um.... his name is Cyrus...." Darren said "but... we do have a plan to make YOU BECOME the original" Darren said "WHAT! what is it!" Ruysc said with hope "We have to forge you to together, but you will have control nad Cyrus will just be a faint sound in the back of your head" Darren said "OK....so...wait....how did i get copied?" Ruysc said "um.... you are the evil side of him... actually a mistake..." Darren said, his voice got smaller again "i'm...supposed to be...evil?" Ruysc said "um.... yes..." Darren said "fine....if thats how i have to be.... then I'll just be called Darkside" Ruysc said "your gonig to call yourself Darkside?" Darren said "not just me, the entire city of the beast!" Darkside said, starting to talk with force.

Dun Dun Duuuuuuunnnnnnnn!

"Be patient creators, i shall reveal myself soon enough"

Sawyer woke up "ugh... what the heck happened to me?" he said, "you got scared of me and ran away" a man said "ACK!" Sawyer shouted, and this time instead of running, he fainted. "i don't even care why i bother" Mr. Tiny said, then he walked away.

A couple hours later, Sawyer woke up "ugh... this world is getting to rough for me..." Sawyer said, then he thought "hm.... maybe i shouldn't go back to the town of the beast, i could live here! with Moria!" he said, then he turned to see the barrier surrounding the town "how did i get past that? wait.... maybe i can just walk through it!" he said, then he started toward it, then he felt weaker.... and weaker..... then he could barely move.... "um.... maybe i ....should try something else..." he said, then he tried backing away from the barrier.

"hm.... okay...." he said, he went and found a shovel, he brought it to the barrier, about 12 feet away, then he said "okay.... i feel completely normal, but when I'm in within twelve feet of that barrier, i feel weaker...." he said "but maybe if i dig...." he said.

''You creators are not patient enough, you will have to wait''

=), i don't know how many words that is, but I'm sure its a lot!

BFME2 time again....

Edited by Sauron (see edit history)

Posted

Zorion stood looking over Lake Hylia. Soon it would be used to cover Hyrule in darkness. Only Zora's Domain, and the Goron City remained. Zora's domain would be easy, but the Goron City was another story. The old hot springs have been sealed away, and anyways, even if they hadn't, the water would have been too hot to summon the Twili in. The Goron city was also above most of the water table. He began the long climb to the Zora City.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A meteroite, about the size of a watermelon, blasted through the Castle Town barrier, and into the empty town square. The shadow barrier shattered. But, only a split second later, the barrier had repaired itself. A hot lump of magical metal sat in the center of the meteroite's remains. The Orcania of Time. A Twili tried to grab the Orcania, and the Twili turned to dust.

Posted

ooc: Bathy I'm gonna leave that post you made for you to finish because I really don't quite know what to say.

bic:

Adn ran over to Ryoo along with Lae. Aaron had stood up now and said "I suppose we should get a move on. The Twilight seems to be spreading here."

"Wait... don't those things make the area livable for Twili?" Ralin asked. "Yes." Ryoo said. "We definaletly need to find a way out of this." Adn looked around. Twilight. All of Hyrule probably will be covered with it. They started to search for somewhere for an exit. Adn and Lae seemed to be less effected by the Twilight than the Hylians. Then they found it, and they each passed through the barrier. They had returned to an area that had light.

Posted (edited)

Ocarinas aren't metal, Doubleagent. I bought one from eBay and it's made from pottery. And I seriously don't know how it came from space. That just doesn't make sense. I wonder what did happen to the Ocarina though...

Rokai, it's 719 words. But it's not the longest. I've done a much longer one, but I'm sure there are even longer ones.

Rio raised his head from the ground, (loads of rubbish) He had to escape.

1,572 words.

I love taking things too far.

Anyway, I'm still thinking of something to write. I have an idea forming right now.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

"Guards! Get this thing out of my sight." Ayame growled through gritted teeth. "Kill it. I don't want it causing any more trouble."

"No Ayame!" Nia barked in panic. Ayame looked down at him curiously.

"And why not?" Ayame asked, her eyes narrowed.

"Just... Don't. Let him go. Sent him back to Hyrule, lock him up, do whatever you want with him, but don't kill him." Nia pleaded.

Subae stared down at Nia. "Fine." Ayame sighed as she dropped Subae. "Guards. Take him back to Hyrule. I don't care where, just get him out of here. He's not a threat. He's more dangerous to keep here."

The Twili guard nodded. He'd obviously learned Hylian. He cast a holding spell on Subae as he was getting to his feet. Lifting Subae into the air, he took him to the portal.

--------------------

The guests sat back at the table. Nia sat on the floor next to Ayame. Everybody returned to their talking as Ayame directed her attention to Nia. "What was that about then Nia?" she asked, leaning down to him. "Why so soft?" Ayame grinned mockingly.

Nia lowered his voice to a whisper. "I don't know but... Ever since I got here I've felt like there's part of me missing. My personality. I think I may have left it with Subae when I was given this body and... I have a theory... I think that if he dies... I do too." Nia looked up at Ayame. "You believe me?"

Ayame looked away from Nia for a moment before looking back into Nia's eyes. "I wouldn't be surprised. But whatever you do." Ayame looked into Nia's eyes and focused. "Don't go back to Hyrule to find him. You're with me now and when we have Hyrule, we'll find him and keep him safe and contained so that nobody can kill him. Or you for that matter. I don't want to have you killed Nia." Ayame stared deeper into Nia's eyes, "You have to stay here, Nia."

Nia nodded obediently. Ayame smiled and continued to talk with her guests.

--------------------

The guard threw Subae outside. The great black beasts were there. The Guard shouted to them and ordered them to take Subae to Hyrule. The closest beast grabbed Subae, raised him up and materialised into the red portal above.

Subae landed on the dark grass of Hyrule field. The beast quickly returned to the Twilight Realm and the portal closed. Subae pushed himself to his feet. His vision returned quickly. It wasn't that much different from having his eyes closed after all.

He looked around for any signs of danger or companionship. He saw two figures moving across the field ahead. He ran for them.

--------------------

Nyfer and Specever walked in silence across Hyrule Field. It hadn't been long since the curtain had fallen over them. They were close to Kakariko now. The had seen a small group escape from the barrier a small distance to the left where the Twilight ended. Specever had pointed out that he recognised them. Three wolves. It was hard to mistake. So they had taken a detour and they headed for the edge of Twilight.

Posted (edited)

Ocarinas aren't metal, Doubleagent. I bought one from eBay and it's made from pottery. And I seriously don't know how it came from space. That just doesn't make sense. I wonder what did happen to the Ocarina though...

Rokai, it's 719 words. But it's not the longest. I've done a much longer one, but I'm sure there are even longer ones.

1,572 words.

I love taking things too far.

Anyway, I'm still thinking of something to write. I have an idea forming right now.

Bathy, Sorry, I thought they were metal. And it's cool that u got one off eBay. How much did it cost?

And, Since i didn't play WW or Phantom Hourglass, the last time i saw the orcania was in MM when link was on the moon. Decided to return it to Hyrule. How it got off the moon and onto the meteroite? Idk...

Posted (edited)

Ain and Moira took the winding staircase back down to the second floor; it was in chaos. The Twili were breaking through the lines, pushing the Hylian forces further back. Ain took Moira past the battle, into the hallways, but she kept glancing back.

"I can't just leave them...." she was saying. "They're my men!"

"My Lady, they are fighting as hard as they can to make sure you can escape safely. The Twili summoned a portal; there are at least fifty of them by now." Ain replied.

They took another staircase, a very small, winding one. It bypassed the main floor and led straight into the first floor of the dungeon. It was deserted. All the guards had either been killed, knocked out by magic, or were on the upper floors battling the Twili. They went to the a wall about mid-way through the dungeon, and Ain opened one of the cell doors. "This way." he said. She followed him inside.

It was an empty cell; it didn't look as if it had been used for many years. Ain was searching for something along the wall. He found it; he wiped way the dust and grime from one of the stones in the wall, and Moira saw that the symbol of the Sheikah, the eyes with the three triangles and teardrop, was carved into it. He uttered a few words in the Sheikah language, and the wall shifted. Years of dirt and dust fell away, and a great creaking was heard as a section of the wall pivoted and opened into a doorway. Moira, who had lit a torch when they entered the dungeon, held it forth. It was a passageway.

"This will take you to the center of town." Ain told her. "Once you are there, make your way to the East gate, and get out of the city." He took a deep breath. "There's something in the air....you can feel it too, can't you?" Moira nodded. "I feel tired..." she said. "I don't know why, but I think it's that barrier. It may be draining our energy."

"It may get worse the closer you get to the edge; barriers of magic often work that way." said Ain.

They heard shouting from the entrance to the dungeon; but it wasn't Hylian. It was Twili.

Ain quickly turned to Moira. "Now go. Hurry. Get yourself out of the city, and find the others!"

"What..? Ain, you can't stay here!" said Moira in alarm. "Come with me, we'll escape together!"

The voices were getting closer, the footsteps louder and more urgent. They sensed someone in the dungeon. Ain knew there wasn't much time; Twili couldn't open this doorway, but they couldn't be allowed to know that the Queen had escaped.

Thinking fast, Ain pushed Moira into the passageway, the uttered the spell of sealing. The wall quickly began to close.

"AIN!" shouted Moira, but it was too late. The door had shut, and she was alone.

------

On the other side, Ain breathed a sigh of relief. Get out of here, Moira. he prayed silently, before drawing his sword, and stepping out of the cell. Two Twili faced him. "Come at me!" he shouted brandishing his sword.

------

Ooc: Just so you guys know, anyone can control the Twili commander, he's not technically "mine". The Hylian Guard in the Castle are going to end up imprisoned, and Ain is going to get captured. Feel free to beat him up, torture him, try to get him to talk, but he won't tell anything. Just don't kill him.

Posted (edited)

Near the Goron city, he had hound a bowl like indentation in the stone, about 5 feet deep in the center and about 10 feet in diameter. Zorion knew he would use this place to summon the Spirit Twili. But he had to fill it with water. Zorion looked up, to see the top of the mountian had snow on the top. He went slowly to the top of the mountian. He brough snow down on his shield, and filled the pool with it. It took several hours, but soon, the snow had melted into enoguh water to summon the Spirit Twili. The beast rose from the pool. It cast the final needed barrier over the Goron City. The Dark Crystal walls had encircled Hyrule now. Zorion teleported to Lake Hylia. By the time he got there, the water was already thick and black.

Suddenly, all the barriers over the cities vanished. A giant spirit Twili rose from Lake Hylia. Unlike the other spirit Twili, this one had 8 limbs, 4 legs and 4 arms. The land of Hyrule shook, like an earthquake had struck it. Buildings twisted and fell, trees split in half. A strong barrier covered Hyrule. (It has the same properties as the regular barriers, excluding the energy drain) Zorion, as he had been made to do, absorbed the Twili after the barrier was up. The lake had almost refilled, and a sphere of darkness was in the center of it. Zorion went to the sphere, stuck his arm into the center, and ripped it out. The Twilight rift was open, Twili could now come and go from Hyrule. Zorion's task was done. He curled into a ball, and rolled off the edge of the little island and into the lake.

Posted

And, Since i didn't play WW or Phantom Hourglass, the last time i saw the orcania was in MM when link was on the moon. Decided to return it to Hyrule. How it got off the moon and onto the meteroite? Idk...

That's actually a great theory... Did Link take it off the moon with him? Hmmm. That's actually really good. And it doesn't matter that you didn't play WW and PH. If the storyline theory is correct, they are set in Hyrule B where Link was gone because he went back to being a child.

And it cost me about

Posted

Ooc: So, now that all of Hyrule is under darkness, are we supposed to all walk around with our energy being drained...? I don't see how that's going to be very productive on our end, if we're all falling over from exhaustion.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm just disregarding that point. It's terrible. And when Adn and all of that lot went back to the world of light without being effected, I'm just going to say that close to the edge it gets dangerous, but the crystal, since it gave Nia energy, I'm going to say that it can stop the effects of the barrier and that's how they got through.

But thanks to Doubleagent's last post, none of that even matters now does it? God. I'm just sick of you now. You claimed that this character wouldn't be insanely powerful, but you just put Hyrule in twilight. I think you've gone back on your promise a bit.

And you could have gone to the throne room to escape.

snes_zelda_a_link_to_the_past_secret_passage.jpg

Posted (edited)

Subae had lost sight of the two. He had seen a Twili ahead. It was walking alone through Hyrule Field. Something flashed in the sky and something plummeted to the earth. With a crash it hit the earth and left a small hole in the ground. Subae sped up, but remembered to stay out of sight of the Twili he stalked. The Twili knelt over the meteorite and reached out a hand. Subae heard a piercing yell, he winced and when he reopened his eyes, the Twili was gone. It had turned to dust.

Subae stood in shock for a moment before finally sprinting to the rock in the grass. He arrived. A blue, clay object lay in the broken rock. Subae looked around and found that he was still alone. He reached out a paw slowly towards the seemingly unharmed ocarina. As he touched it he instinctively pulled away his paw. But it was fine. He wasn't dead and the ocarina hadn't effected him whatsoever. He sniffed at it. It didn't smell of anything at all. He grabbed it in his jaws and wished there was some other way to carry it. But as he looked around he saw no other way. But he couldn't leave it there. It was an oddity and was definitely something special. He kept it and turned back into the twilight. He saw something in the distance. It was close, but he still found it difficult to see in the dim light. It was Castletown. That must have been where the Twili came from. Subae figured.

He set off for Castletown in the hopes of finding companionship. Or the circus at least.

Edit: NICKED (Common British slang for "stolen")! But come on. What have I got going for my characters? Nia is a wolf with some multiple personality issues and Subae is just some tiger.

Doubleagent - Crimson the spell castingest titan in Hyrule and the twilight bringingest Twili in Hyrule.

Gael - Queen who has Wisdom Triforce. Brother with Triforce of Wisdom.

What is Lost - The goat transformingest, spell castingest, Triforce of Time wieldingest mage in Hyrule.

Dark Midna - The Twilight rulingest Twili in... The Twilight Realm and the half Hylian, half Zora-est guy in Hyrule. Go inbreeding!

Rokai - Cyrus, the lizardest, metalest, corpsiest guy in Hyrule. Mr. Tiny, the powerfulest, most copyrighted guy in Hyrule!

Me - The multiple personalitiest wolf in the Twilight Realm! And the tigerest tiger in Hyrule!

Specever - Normalest, most inconspicuous guy in Hyrule!

Thank you for being normal, Specever.