What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

at least the battles arent timed? gawd, the rockgagong from graces is still driving me up a wall. apparently, unless you use the reflect-its-own-damage-back stunt, its impossible to beat it if youre under 70. and thats lvl 70, on easy. we keep charging at it on moderate. we can try, though :|

been playing the new fire emblem (finally) and the pairs ive made so far with the characters....are mostly same-sex. even those are (surprisingly) almost all lesbian pairs. itd be a lot easier to not ship them if they werent so damn good in battle together. dunno if ive just had good luck or what, but cordellia/panne tend to double-team damn near everything. im talking about the dual-strike being triggered, fyi, not them standing next to each other.

im kainda sad that gaius and lon'qu cant support each other, though, simply because pairing two units with those kinds of speed/skill stats results in some terrifying dual strikes. its the kind of duo that you just throw into a bloodbath and watch as they casually stroll out of the carnage afterwards.

Posted

at least the battles arent timed? gawd, the rockgagong from graces is still driving me up a wall. apparently, unless you use the reflect-its-own-damage-back stunt, its impossible to beat it if youre under 70. and thats lvl 70, on easy. we keep charging at it on moderate. we can try, though :|

Its entirely possible to beat at any level, you just have to have a skill that reflects damage. Thats kinda the cheaty way though.

Posted

Cheated and used some Life Bottles in the second fight with Sheena and some Orange Gels prior. I did not want to fight the main boss of Balacruf Mausoleum again. Still counts dammit. So yeah, my ToS masochist Challenge Run is still on. Good thing Lloyd is easy to combo with and Colette can solo Abyssion at level 10 if you know how to use her. 

Other than that, I recently obtained Bioshock Infinite. Gonna play it as soon as I can get my brother to relinquish the XBOX.

Posted

I am currently working on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to infinity. I have to say it is a much better game than its predecessors on all accounts so far. 

I'm also replaying the original LoZ to see what I can get my best time to be. So far my best time through first quest is about 47 minutes.

Posted

Been playing some Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance the last few days.

Music is really great and up my alley

Gameplay is fantastic

Difficulty is pretty good too. Being a self-proclaimed really good gamer, I had some trouble at times. But I got a special title for beating it under a certain time.

Oh, yeah, jumped straight into Hard mode without reading up on anything beforehand. Very Hard is up next.

pheonix561 and SilverAlchemic like this

Posted

I got BlazBlue Calamity Trigger today (2 for £10 deal, friend bought Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team, and I got this). Currently working through all of Taokaka's stories. First I went through the line where you go off in some random direction and run into Arakune and then Hakumen. Got through that eventually and it told me my storyline was through. On the line now where you go the way you're told, and then eat Ragna's food, and then I just beat him right now. I like this game so far, though Hakumen frustrated me.

(Taokaka alternate ending 2 was the best)

Taokaka and Arakune are now both 100%.

Treemotan likes this

Posted

So, I got System Shock 2 last night, mainly because I heard it was a spiritual predecessor to Bioshock, and I didn't mind Bioshock.

I was so unprepared for what came.

System Shock 2 is the most terrifying game I've ever played, it genuinely deserves the title "Survival Horror." It isn't really like Dead Space, where you've got heaps of jump scares, but otherwise, feel okay. It isn't like Bioshock, which can have its scary moments, but is much more focused on the story behind Rapture, etc.

System Shock 2 just pervades you with an intense feeling of dread, you get scared, you jump at things even when you already KNOW they're gonna be there. The atmosphere is stunning and the audio is genuinely the best I've heard in any game for ages.

The game is nearly 14 years old, but it's aged incredibly well.

Arachne, pheonix561 and Treemotan like this

Posted (edited)

Well, gonna be playing some iDOLM@STER 2 again, what with the new DLC coming out. I was hoping they'd release this song. For the new unit, I'm probably gonna go with

Man the costumes coming with the new DLC are so cute. I like the chinese dresses even more than last catalogue's maid outfits.

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

this is like my favorite video ever

Posted

been playing Pikmin 2 on my laptop and LOVING IT!

Treemotan likes this

Posted

GOOD I AM PROUD KEEP DOING THAT

Posted

ew dont make me stop, Pheo

Posted

Beat Momodora 1 and 2 yesterday. Unlike 1, 2 is more metroidvania, and laughably easy in comparison.

Posted

Still playing Dragon Quest 9. I should just beat the final bosses.

Posted

I bought dragon quest 9 two and a half years ago, played it on and off for a month, and put it away for good. Maybe it really is a game that needs to be played with friends to really actually enjoy, but that game was so boring for me that I just couldn't, no matter how badly I sort of wanted to.

Now that I remember I have it, I'm definitely considering going back to it. I would have to start my game over entirely because I remember jack squat, but thats okay because I didn't really beat that many bosses/levels/things anyways. Maybe I'll make myself a paladin this time instead of a gladiator? Who knows. I'll also probably not actually do this so.

Chimetals likes this