What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah that makes sense. From what I gathered, the series plays on the idea of a multiverse, so i suppose 2 can fit in no matter what anyone says.

Posted

I want to play an RPG where I have a customizable party and customizable classes. I need suggestions for one of those. Something that isn't DQ9.

Posted

Be a little more specific. 

Which systems do you own? Do you have a PS3 or a Vita? Or maybe a PS2?

By customizable party, do you mean you want them all to look differently? Or do you want to be able to switch around party members?

Final Fantasy XII and Dragon Quest VIII fit the bill on the PS2. 

On PS3 and Vita, you have Final Fantasy X, which features the new Expert Sphere Grid, which allows you to customize your characters however you want.

If you're just looking for a great RPG, any of the Tales games would do. Tales of Vesperia is good on the 360. The rest of the Tales games are on PS3. 

If you can find it, Resonance of Fate on PS3/360 has a really interesting combat system. It's difficult to learn, but rewarding once you do.

On the Wii, you can't go wrong with Xenoblade Chronicles. 

Posted

I want to play an RPG where I have a customizable party and customizable classes. I need suggestions for one of those. Something that isn't DQ9.

FF3 (DS version is nice)

Um, Bravery Default sounds like that too.

Posted

I want to be able to switch around classes in my party. Which could either mean different party members or customizing party member's classes, swapping from mage to rogue and back. Sort of like how DQ9 plays, but not that game because I don't have a new game option for it at the moment. It would be great if it could be played from my phone or something- Final Fantasy Tactics 2 and Final Fantasy 4 are both available for the iphone, but I don't know if those games as RPGS fit the bill for what I'm looking for. There's probably some iphone rpgs that fit the bill that I just don't know about. Bravely Default sounds a lot like what I'm looking for but its for the 3ds.

Posted

If you're even remotely into tactics games, like Fire Emblem, try out Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions. It's a remake of a PSone game, and it's amazingly deep. You can change classes and customize your characters to your liking. It's a grid-based, turn-based combat system with a top down view. 

Then, there's Final Fantasy IV, like you said. You can't customize the party members really, but the game has an awesome story and each person has a specific class tied to the story. So Cecil starts out as a Dark Knight, then becomes a Paladin. Rosa is a White Mage, Kane is a Dragoon, etc. 

Posted

Looks like War of the lions is available for iphone. I love fire emblem and advance wars games, and I've had people recommend me this game before, and I love the art, so I'll definitely pick this up. It's only sixteen dollars, too. I'm only worried how well it runs on a phone. Thanks for the recommendation.

Posted

Depends on which iPhone you have.

It'll run just fine on 5 and 5s. I'm confident it would run okay on a 4s too. My iPad mini 1st Gen runs it just fine and that has pretty abysmal specs.

Posted (edited)

Dkxri4

Edited by Necropolis (see edit history)

Posted

Just picked up all three bioshock games for fifteen dollars thanks to steam summer sales! Sadly I cannot play them yet, but once I get a nice new computer which I am going to start saving for soon(preferably windows), I will look into making it work.

Posted

I bought the metroid prime trilogy so I'll be entertained for a while

Only complaint so far is that I can't use a gcn controller, and have to use a wiimote and nunchuk

Posted

Been absorbed into ff14. Ahhhh it feels good to play a quality mmorpg again, especially with friends and a guild!

Posted

Play with me then, Skyler!

Posted

I bought the metroid prime trilogy so I'll be entertained for a while

Only complaint so far is that I can't use a gcn controller, and have to use a wiimote and nunchuk

I got the Metroid Prime trilogy not long ago. Only played the first so far but it was p. cool, even if not totally up my alley. Despite a couple minor complaints, I loved the motion controls and will definitely use them for 2 and 3, and having never had a Gamecube, I never grew to like how it's controller felt in the first place. So I guess that's a personal preference.

Posted

Play with me then, Skyler!

I play on the exodus server. How about you?