The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((Okay, for one, I WAS NOT planning on having them putting up banners around the place, so whoever did that is probably about to be in my doghouse... Banners do not equal discreet. >< *grumbles and goes to read all the posts she missed*))

Posted

(( I thought a poster was a little out of whack for wanting to be discreet. lol I'll just wait for another mode from which he'd get the information about the gathering.))

Posted

Ooc: Uh-Oh. I got to get outta here! *runs away from computer as fast as possible.* Ok sorry it was me. you said about spreading the word.

Here's the quote:

Spread the word around the town

Posted

"But be careful not to arouse panic...

Posted

Crud. forgot that part. *runs away again*

Posted

((I said Out of character posts go in double parenthesis people. And now to play damage control... -_-))

Following Zelda's orders, a few soldiers made their way through the town, passing on the word to their fellow soldiers who they knew they could trust to get a hold of warriors. It would be an effective method for not arousing much suspicion around the townspeople.

--------------

"So, a couple of knights have gone missing in the desert, huh?" Telma questioned quietly, leaning forward against her counter. "Well, I might know a person or two to send your way, Aiden... Perhaps even someone out of the group." She had the feeling that the soldier wasn't telling her all there was to know about this, though... "Anyone I know who was with that group?"

As the soldier flinched, Telma knew her hunch was correct. "Er... Danielle went with them, Telma."

The barkeep's eyes narrowed sharply now, her voice dropping even lower. "Why did she go? She's just a child!"

"Forgive me, but... I can't exactly answer that. I don't know the answer myself."

Noticing the uneasiness on the soldier's face, Telma decided to let up. He was just a messenger. "Alright... I'll make sure the word gets passed on." She straightened up as the guard turned and hurried out of the tavern, Telma watching him go.

Things had really gotten a lot worse in such a short amount of time.

---------------

Danielle had managed to calm herself enough to force herself to stand, her legs feeling like jelly and threatening to give out from under her. She knew that if she stayed here too long, the beast would easily be able to find her. She would have to make her way through the Arbiter's Grounds stealthily without being detected... but just where in the massive ruin was the creature?

Swallowing hard, she tightened her grip on the Champion Blade as she cautiously stepped out from around the corner, beginning to head deeper into the ruin...

Posted

(( I know it's most likely my responsibility to have my character come upon the information, but would it be out of sorts to have him take a small shipment of fish to Telma in her bar? I could say that she usually asked for him to keep her some on the side, since fish isn't something they get all the time, plus the fact that it goes bad quickly even when stored appropriately. Of course, depending on how much she knew him, she'd probably think he wasn't qualified because he's so easy going. Bah. It's only partly my call of how he comes about it, but more so yours because this RP and story belongs to you. What do you think?))

Posted

((Nah, I don't think there would be anything wrong with that. go ahead if that's what you wanna do))

Posted

((how do I find out? almost every post I mess up and have to get rid of it))

Posted

((Aww, man........ Wait! I can fix this!))

King Bulbin woke up from a strange, amazingly vivid dream. Got up looked around him a bit dazed. He was surrounded by the other Bulbins, all of them looking at him quizzicly.

"Ohhhhhhh.....", he groand. "What happened?"

Ish-gug steped forword.

"Uh, well, four guys slipped away and captured a Hylain Knight. They bullied him for a while, then we found them and you gave them a sound yelling and threating. Then you questioned the knight and he spilled that he was going to Kakariko to tell a freind about this summens-thing for all brave warroirs to go to Castle Town and- Uh, well come on cheif, don't you remember?!" Ish-gug cried, out of breath.

"Hmm, yes I remember. But how did I fall asleep?" King Bulbin responded in confusion.

"Well, as you ordered a groop of your finest to accompany you to Castle Town, you pulled out a green and purple mushroom and ate it in one bite. Then you collapsed on the ground, totally knocked out, and started mumbleing about postmen and fylers....."

"Oh."

"Yeah...... why don't we just set out for Castle Town now? Please?" Ish-gug requested ernestly.

The other Bulbins grunted in agreement.

"Eh, good idea. Quickly now! To Castle Town!" King Bulbin wooped, jumping on Lord Bulbo, making for the capital as fast as he could.

The other Bulbins just starred after him, before taking off in the same direction.

"I'm jus' glad he fergot bout me!" one of them mumbled, holding his club as tightly as he could.

((Will this work? It's not going to matter how the message gets sent, the towns folk are going to be panicing pretty soon.))

Posted (edited)

(( Okay, awesome. ))

After a few hours of selling, gutting and cleaning fish for people who would buy from his stores, he found the usual lull in sales that came with the slightly warmer time of day, and took this lazy time of day to make a visit to an acquaintance and in a way, business partner with the usual shipment of fish he would always save for her on the side. He didn't skimp on his other customers, but made sure to get Telma the fish that were particularly more meaty than others, usually the ones still live in the barrels that he could get his hands on after rolling up the sleeves of his tunic to fish for them. It wasn't uncommon to get bitten by the more livelier fish, but after so many trips and so many years handling them, a few bites and cuts were little to nothing to him anymore, not when he'd had quite a few troubles in his younger days with fish hooks getting stuck in his feet and hands. After a few nips from the fish in the barrel, then finally transferring them into a smaller container so he could transfer them more easily while they still flopped around in a few gallons worth of water. It didn't really leave much to give that many fish comfortable space, but it was enough to keep them alive for now until Telma used them for what she needed.

Finally, picking up the wooden container and carrying it half way across town, he cautiously watched the stairs as he walked down them, making sure not to trip or miss a step and destroy the container or loose the fish by landing on it. That was the last thing that he could have needed. It was only by faith that he thought nobody would steal from his shop while he was gone. As usual, this would have to be a quick job so he could return to the booth and not forsake any customers that may come meandering over with a rumbling belly and a taste for fish. Finally, he reached the bottom and made it over to the door, holding the container in one hand in a slightly unsteady manner as he reached for the handle and pushed forward, he was welcomed by a waft of pleasant bar smells and an equally pleasant cool air than what was outside. He felt a crooked smirk don his scruffy partially sun burnt face as he entered, weaving around only a few people who were leaving the bar as he was coming in, then walked around a round wooden table and chairs that had been sloppily pushed in by patrons before he came to the front counter and called out for the woman that must have been in the kitchen or storage room by the time he finally arrived at her establishment after the news from the soldier.

"Hey! Telma! You missed me?" He called towards the back loud enough for his voice to carry to the large fiery haired woman. Little did he know his friendly smile would be inappropriate when they finally came face to face.

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

With the recent events, the patrols of knights around Castle Town had increased considerably while others were sent to protect Kakariko, Lake Hylia, and Ordon. They were all considerably tense, especially with the news of monsters increasing in numbers in the area. One of them was scanning the distance when he saw a sight that normally struck fear deep in his heart... of course, it still frightened him considerably.

"C-Commander! A large group of Bulblins are heading our way!"

"What!?" The gruff commander of the patrol stepped forward, frowning as he held his lance. "They know better than to mess around this close to the town. Keep on your guard in case they decide to attack us."

"Sir!"

------------------------

Telma lifted her head sharply as she heard the voice that came from the entrance of the tavern, the barkeep heading out to the counter and not smiling, which was a rare sight indeed. "Oh, I forgot you were even coming to town today, honey. Thanks for the delivery."

Posted

((how do I find out? almost every post I mess up and have to get rid of it))

Umm...Has anyone seen my post?

Posted (edited)

When she finally appeared and met him with a sullen expression he was not only confused, but a little worried. Was it appropriate to ask her any questions? Would it really help if she said anything to him? Would she want to? He had quite a bit of doubt in his own helpfulness on the mysterious matter that was apparently bothering her, but would try anyway as he came around the counter as usual to set the shipment in the back where it was a bit cooler and let her deal with the still living fish later how she wished. After putting them away in the normal spot, be came back out and felt a bit awkward, not sure how to come about asking her, seeing as she was always so strong and put together in any situation. Well, from what situations he had witnessed her in.

"Er... Telma?" he started uneasily, then at length he spoke, "I can't help but notice that something is the matter?" He walked alongside her and turned himself with a bit of body language that spoke for him, folding his arms and giving off a silent word that he wouldn't plan on leaving until he learned something from her or had something thrown at him, but didn't see the second one very likely of Telma when it came to himself. A raging drunkard maybe, but not the young angler asking questions about her wellbeing.

((If you're worried, just have your character come back to Telma's bar and overhear when the two are talking. ))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

King Bulbo directed his fallowers towards the town. As they neared it's walls, a group of guards came up and obstructed the towns entrance.

"Move!" he barked, ticked to have the very people he was trying to help stand in his way.

"We have come to answer the call for warriors to go to Arbiter's Grounds!"