The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

((AND LO, THE SUN DOTH RISE!))

The next morning Saka rose early to restart the fire, rooted around in Darius' pack for some food and prepared a meal. "All right guys, wakey-wakey." He said, wafting the scent under their noses.

Posted

"Mmmm... Food, how it beckons me so! Am I speaking properly enough, Darius?" Ulia moaned as she woke up.

"Oh man, why does the morning always have to come so quickly?" Darius remarked, ignoring Ulia's tease. He looked out of the cave and saw the sun beating against the brown mountains. "You are right, Saka. Thank you."

He got up and quickly began to eat his meal, telling Saka about how good of a job he did in cooking it. He slipped his weapon belt on, which let his weapons sit at his right side for his left hand to reach over and pull out, and slipped on his pack. "As soon as you guys are ready," he said, leaning against the cave wall.

Ulia had eaten and gotten ready, as well.

"So, we're going to war?" she asked, walking up to Darius.

"Hopefully not," he replied.

"Buuuut that's what we signed up for."

"Yeah, it is... Let us hope we end it, though."

"You know, we've never been to war before."

"Killing Gerudos should not be that hard."

"You'd better be right, I don't wanna die in some desert or mountain."

"Me neither."

"You know, you should brighten up. You sound... I don't know."

"I guess it is the morning."

"You weren't like that yesterday."

"Yeah, but we have a mountain climb ahead of us."

"Point taken."

Posted

((I am just a little disappointed that I was left to read practically 3 pages worth of posts, which had me slightly pissed off. I had school today, and it wasn't all that fun at all, considering that I didn't get many posts in. So, we're in a cave right? If not, I can just fix it or something.))

Vincent sat a far distance from the group; actually overlooking the valley in case any Gerudos became aware of their presence. It wasn't forced on him; he volenteered to keep at least an eye open in case there was any trouble, yet he couldn't see any, considering that it was night. He didn't have his bow drawn, however, mainly because he had yet to see anything in the night from where he was. Truth is, he never even encountered a Gerudo in his entire life, and just being here made him begin to wonder what kind of people they were, but according to the people of Castle Town, they weren't the kind of people that should be trusted. He was night watch for the remainder of the night, constantly in thought all the way through even when dawn broke into view.

But, since Darius brought up the Noble's Language, and heard him speak it a few times, and also the fact that Kira knew it as well, he was starting to grow more accustomed to it. "Why... I don't even know it, nor do I know much about it, yet... why do I know it as if it were in my blood...?" He muttered to himself, going into a slight daze, not even noticing the movement in the distance. "I... I'm a Hylian, of course, but... Smithy never told me about my parents since they-" He was cut off when he finally noticed something leap towards him, and saw metal glimmer in the sunlight. He rolled out of the way, having his cloak getting slightly cut from it.

"We got ourselves company, guys!" He cried, loud enough for the others to hear him, rolling out of the way as the woman swung at him once more, unsheathing his blade while he did so. But when he recovered, he watched as they prepared for an instant knockout blow, making him start to regret himself for not drawing his bow. When she lunged at him with the attack, he had no coice but try to dive below her when she leapt. The moment he saw her defence down, he kicked her hard in the back, rolling backwards to his feet to see that she had already recovered from the blow. He saw that she wore the usual Gerudo garb, and in each of her hands was a scimitar for each one, granting her twice the many strikes compared to his double edged blade. He had no idea if it was just him fighting off the Gerudo, or if the others were handling some as well.

Posted

"Oh Sh-" Started Saka and he ducked and rolled to avoid being hit. He leapt up and pulled out his knives.

Posted

"Damn!" Darius yelled, drawing his blade to help Vincent. He heard a loud clash beside him, however, and turned to see Ulia blocking another Gerudo.

"You thought it'd be easy, huh?!" the woman yelled, pushing against Ulia.

"You help Vincent! This one's mine!" Ulia barked, shoving the Gerudo out of the cave and jumping out to face her.

Surely they cannot be advancing this far into our territory..., Darius thought, shocked. He jumped over to help Vincent like Ulia ordered, but he wanted to help her. Badly. He shook his head and realized that Saka was here to help Vincent. Or Ulia. Dammit! He told himself he would help Vincent. Ulia told him to help Vincent. "Saka! Help Ulia! I do not care if she rejects your help!" He rolled to Vincent's enemy's side, and lept at her, with his longsword ready to punch.

-----------------------------------------------

Ulia blocked a few blows before she dodged to the side and kicked the Gerudo's left ribs. The Gerudo stumbled back a bit, just a bit, but recovered and lept at Ulia. She ducked under the Gerudo's lunge, and tried to slash the woman's legs, but missed. Suddenly, her neck became locked by the Gerudo's right leg. The woman's blades loomed over her head, ready to kill.

This was it.

I believed in him. I thought we would win this, thought it would be easy. Am I going to go down now? No... No! I told myself I wouldn't!

The blades raised up for a swing.

Dammit, Ulia! Move! MOVE! GO! Do something! Please! WHY AREN'T YOU MOVING?!

Posted

((Tenative, ties into a bit of backstory/plot))

Saka stood in the cave in shock as Ulia was caught in the gerudo woman's headlock.

"My goddess Nayru, I your servant humbly beseech you," Saka's pendant began to glow, "Let me bring about order where there is chaos and justice where there is greed." He raised his arm and poined his whole hand at the woman. "Ye who fight for strength, PERISH!"

As he spoke the final word, his pendant flashed brightly, and a ball of light shot from his hand, impacting the gerudo.

Posted

Ulia stood in shock, looking at the now immobilized Gerudo who was just knocked off of her. That woman had Ulia's life hung by a thread just a moment ago. Ulia shook her head and snapped out of it. Ulia leapt to impale her, but she regained her mobility and rolled to the side. Ulia quickly recovered and took up a defensive stance.

"Not this time," she said coldly.

"No, not in the same way. But you will die, Hylian," the Gerudo promised her.

They charged each other and their blades locked. The Gerudo offered one blade to block Ulia's, but swung the other at her side. Ulia pulled the Gerudo's blocked blade around using her own, blocking with a vertical stance, and managed to block the second blade, as well. Ulia chuckled, and headbutted. The Gerudo stumbled back, and Ulia didn't charge this time. She let the Gerudo do that for her.

The sand woman charged, swinging both blades at once. Ulia juked around the woman's back and swung, landing a glancing blow as the Gerudo tried to dodge. Ulia leapt forward and got the Gerudo in a headlock, pulling her back.

Bad move, she realized.

The Gerudo twirled the blades to where they would impale Ulia. She shoved the Gerudo off and lunged, sending her blade straight through her torso. The woman's life's end began with a gasp.

"You're still alive," Ulia told her. "But you can't move. You can't fight. You're mine. You lost. I won." The Gerudo tried to speak, but couldn't. She let her blade slide out of the woman's body, and blood came out of the Gerudo's mouth instead of words. "You said I'd be dieing. You were wrong." Ulia walked into the cave to help the others.

Posted

Vincent watched as the Gerudo eyed him, as if expecting him to go on the offensive, but Vincent knew just a bit better than that. He remained on the defensive, and for a while, it seemed like things weren't going anywhere, but when Darius came to his side, Vincent was caught off guard slightly. Yet, when he glanced in that direction, he saw that Ulia was in a position that seemed difficult to get out of. He was about to run towards her to help her, however, he received a hard kick to the head, knocking him a few feet back.

"I cannot allow you to help her..." a female voice spoke, and when Vincent looked, he saw a woman with, instead of two single-bladed scimitars, in her hands were two double-bladed scimitars, totalling in four blades she had. Vincent tried to get up, but watched as a blade from the other Gerudo was pointed to his neck, feeling the cold steel run along it. "Lucky for you though, we have no intention of kill anyone; but instead... we can make some use for you, and only you, apprentice... If you agree with us, you keep that pretty little head of yours, however... we cannot guarantee your safety if you refuse our causes... And if anyone tries to do anything, you're life will end here..." The woman spoke, and Vincent knew that there wasn't much choice for him, and wondered if this was all a setup.

"Alicia, I can't believe that they fell for it..." The Gerudo with the blade pointed at Vincent's neck spoke, looking over at the woman with the two double-bladed scimitars, who he guessed to be Alicia. "We had a feeling that some travelers were coming this way, so we prepared a little abush during the night; thankfully because you weren't paying much attention..." She spoke, and Vincent knew that she was right. He had brought this upon the group because he was too deep in thought.

((Would it be alright to give a character sheet for Alicia, because she is one of my Gerudo characters that I've recently decided to make? Plus, I have something in mind with Vincent here, if it's alright...))

Posted

((Oh damn, I just ended up killing the one that Ulia was fighting... But yeah, of course. If you want to make a sheet, go ahead.))

"So, wait, what's going on here?!" Ulia stormed, walking into the cave.

"Oh damn..." Darius breathed, looking at the Gerudo outside.

((Do you want me to change it, or...))

Posted

((It's up to you if you want, though it doesn't matter.))

Character Sheet:

Name: Alicia Igaguri

Race: Gerudo

Appearance: Usual, bright and natural red hair, almost tan skin, and also wears the usual garb which the Gerudos wear, however, hers is black; unlike the rest of the Gerudos.

Personality: Aggressive, sly, and also rather stealthy and cunning.

Weapons: Main weapons consist of two double-bladed scimitars, and had two back-up, single-bladed scimitars, which she can be normally unmatched in. Most often fights fair, however when her opponent uses any form of anything that isn't melee, she can toss throwing stars at her opponents, giving her a ranged attack also.

Home: Gerudo Desert/Gerudo Fortress

Bio: Trained to use most forms of melee fightling at a young age, and has literally almost mastered her abilities with the traditional twin scimitars at the age of 19. That was also the same time she took time to learn other types of fighting styles, such as doubling the number of blades she can hold in hand with double-bladed scimitars. And with her throwing stars, some say that she's a fearsome opponent when encountered, and is truely rather difficult to beat normally. When she finds a talented or truely gifted fighter, she becomes interested in them more than anyone else. Her abilities are just a bit more agile compared to normal Gerudos.

Posted

"Holy. Freaking. Shit. Was not expecting that." Breathed Saka, as he rushed to the rest of the group.

Posted

"Well, this is just great," Ulia shrugged, seeing that they had two armed Gerudos in their midsts.

"Ulia, I think that it would be preferable that you do not move..." Darius warned her.

Posted

Alicia watched as the girl came up, and slowly raised an eyebrow and heard that the Hylian next to her knew better than to let her move too close. "You're a smart kid, Hylian... Now I ask that all of you will come with us without any trouble, and any unecessary blood will not be spilled on the way to our fortress... So I suggest that you put away your weapons, and the apprentice won't be harmed..." Alicia spoke, as the Gerudo assisting her lifted Vincent up by the collar, immediatly causing him to drop his sword with a few clings against the rockey ground, without having her blade be removed from his neck. She placed one of her double-bladed scimitars on her back, keeping one in hand in case they did try something.

"Don't worry about it... If the apprentice does the job without much difficulties on his own with one other of his choice, you will all become free, but that will only start when we're at the fortress. However... if they should fail..." She added, but went silent as she closed her eyes for a moment. "Well, let's just say you'll join the same fate as them eventually..." She spoke, opening her eyes and waved her hair a bit, some of her bangs covering her left eye, which both of her eyes had a deep, dark glare to them. Vincent, not wanting to die, knew that he would have to accept to the terms, especially now that his friends lives were on the line. It wasn't long before Alicia gave a sharp whistle, and two Gerudos came, each with a scimitar in their right hand in case they should attack, and some tight bonds which were near impossible to break free of in their left hands..

Posted

"If it keeps Vincent alive, I will comply," Darius declared. "You do not have to worry about me betraying you. It may not mean much to you, but I am an honest man, and not an unreasonable one. If I tell you I am going to do something, I am going to do it." Darius looked over his group. "They will, too. Are you with the main group of Gerudos, if there is any?"

Posted

Alicia remained where she was as the Hylian spoke to her, anhd though his words did hold meaninbg in them, she didn't wish to take her chances. "I wish I could believe your words... But I can't take any chances, so..." Alicia began, and just after snapping her fingers, the Gerudos besides the one holding onto Vincent secured the bonds on the group with their hands begind their back, making sure that their weapons were in their sheathes or put away.

"And just so we're clear with this, I'm one of the main battalion leaders for the Gerudo, and the one of the few that has these types of weapons..." She spoke, lightly twirling her double-bladed sword that was still in hand, making sure not to hit anyone. "Now... let's get going, shall we?" Alicia spoke, this time adding a little bit of her own giggle with it, while the rest of the Gerudos took the company, leaving only Vincent unbonded, though they did leave his sword back near the cave, and he couldn't draw his bow without endangering himself.

Once they reached the fortress, the two guards on duty to the dungeon allowed them entrance, and after taking off their bonds, they tossed Darius, Ulia, Saka, and Kira behind the bars before locking them in. Alicia and the Gerudo holding Vincent took the Hylian to the main room within the fortress, where Alicia would put him through a briefing of what he needed to do, and after he was clear with that, he would have to choose between one of the four that he came here with.

((Will take me a while to think of an idea, plus I have to sign off right away, so... just converse with yourselves and nothing more, okay? That is, if that's fine...))