The Legend of Zelda: Renaissance

474 posts in this topic

Posted

"Well, ain't this just great? Damn, we probably could've taken them, you know!" Ulia snapped, frustrated.

"When my friend's life is on the line, I am not going to risk it just so I can get away from one little engagement. You know there would have been more that showed up if that group never made it back."

"Yeah... You're right."

"Plus," Darius whispered, "look at all of the intel that we are gathering from this. We already know that she is one-of-a-kind. There will likely be no other Gerudo that we encounter from this who is as skilled as her. The one that you killed was likely one of their elite."

"That's good..." Ulia sighed, relieved. "Wait! My sword! They took it! What if I don't get it back!? That sword is important, you know that! Dammit! Damn these Gerudo!"

"Keep in mind that we are not armed. Do not lose yourself, or they will break you. All they have to do is reach in with their spears to kill us. Be careful. Sit down and relax. Count on Vincent. If he does what he is supposed to do, be it what they want or busting us out, we will get our equipment back in time."

"I guess you're right again, but still... if I lose that sword, I'll never forgive myself."

"You won't," he whispered. "We will break our way out and get it back if we have to."

"Thanks," she whispered back, giving him a light hug and sitting down.

"So, about this Malro guy..." Darius began, an evil smile appearing on his face, ready to talk trash.

Posted

((Lol, I like the way you're insulting Malro smile.gif He's a pig headed, son of a b*tch))

Zelda was, yet again, at another meeting with the council, having walked out on the previous days one in outrage. She wasn't really paying attention to all that was being said, but rather thinking about something she had heard yesterday.

While out walking in the gardens the previous afternoon, she had overheard a pair of soldiers talking about a man and a small group of people that Malro had ordered to be thrown outside. From what she heard, Malro had refused to give rupees to the man after he had done a job asked of him, after which resulted in the man getting angy and then thrown out of the grounds.

All of her rage from yesterday returned at the thought, but she kept is hidden behind a political mask, passive as ever. "Is it true, Malro," she asked during a break in conversation being held, "that you refused to give someone payment yesterday even after they did a job for you?" He voice was calm and unwavering.

Though the room was silent to begin with, it seemed like it become even more quiet. All eyes were on her. "I-I'm sorry, Princess?" Malro stuttered.

"Oh no, I believe you heard me correctly." She said calmly.

The foolish noble stuttereed incoherently, then blurted out, "He was a Peasant! Why would pay him?!"

"Oh, I believe that he was no peasant. He was well aquainted with the nobles, wasn't he?" Malro remained silent. "I'll be speaking with you soon, Malro, so do not think that you have escaped so easily, this time."

((Sorry it's quick. I didn't have much time to be on here))

Posted

((Lol, no way you can call someone a peasant when they're fluent in the noble language :). Sorry I kinda left you in a dust trail, as well... ))

Posted

((Hmmm, I want Zelda to meet your group. I dunno when. Maybe soon?

And about leaving me in a dust trail, don't worry about it. I can always improvise :) ))

Posted

((Just realized, what if he has school again today?))

Saka leaned up against the wall and slid to a sitting position. I'm still not sure what the heck I did back there, he thought, as he broke into the other two captives' conversation. "He's a nobleman, right?"

Posted

((Yeah, let's go a bit light on the posting so he doesn't have to read so much.

Although, I think it'd be pretty cool to see some more Zelda posts, I'm really enjoying them :D ))

"Yeah," Darius said. "I am unsure of how people like him are allowed to exist. I wonder what our princess Zelda is going to do about him..."

"Probably not much... she's a noble, too," Ulia commented cynically.

"She is the kindest, wisest, most generous person you will ever meet, and definitely the only leader in the world who fits that description."

"You're proud of her," Ulia realized.

"Yeah, she is an example of what a noble should be, of what a great leader is. I would be proud to follow her into hell any day."

"If she's as good as you say, I'd be proud, too. Sounds like someone I'd like when I met her." Ulia paused for a moment. "Hmm. I really want to meet her now!"

"Everyone loves her, or at least those in the middle and upper class. Those in the lower class only hate her because they need someone to blame, and she is up there with the nobles, so they blame her. I hear that some nobles do not like her, though."

"Yeah, I'd imagine."

"I wonder what would happen to that Malro if she found out about him cheating us."

"Ooooh! Time to fantasize about his brutal death! Just like that other guy!" She looked at her hand. "I'm gonna have to wash this hand... skin it, maybe."

Posted

When Alicia finally made it to one of the main rooms, she had the Gerudo holding onto Vincent to release him, which she did, but kept on her guard anyways. Vincent knew that they took his quiver of arrows, and left him with only a bow, and even he was aware that he couldn't do much with it up close, but now that at least he was released, he looked at the Gerudo known as Alicia. Certainly, he knew that she was very talented because when he went to help Ulia, he never saw her attack on him coming. That was when he realized that it was just him here, being watched by Gerudo eyes.

"I'm glad that you finally came to, apprentice..." Alicia spoke, her other weapon placed onto her back like the first, leaving her unarmed at the moment.

"It's Vincent, if you don't mind-" Vincent spoke, but received a glare from her, causing shivers to run down his spine; immediately halting his sentence.

"Whatever... So tell me, how well are you able to use that bow?"

"Well, fairly decent, but-"

"Good enough, I suppose... Anyways, what I want you to do, is to head to the temple far out to the desert; the Arbiter's Burial Grounds. It's rumored that a priceless treasure lurks within there, and though we have sent a few troops there already, they haven't returned since. To put it simply, you, and only one of your friends will go to the temple and search for this treasure for us, as well as any lost warriors as well. If you do this, then when you should return with the treasure, we'll let you, as well as your friends, free as if none of what happened earlier had never even happened. Also, once you get the treasure for us, we don't have to rob or pillage innocent bystanders who stand in our way a longer... However, if you refuse, you, as well as your friends, will rot in the dungeon for the remainder of your lives..."

Vincent thought about what she said, and not wanting to leat anyone get killed, he closed his eyes and looked at the ground for a moment, before turning to her and said, "I guess I have no choice... I accept to your deal; however... As long as I do this, nobody who came here with me will get harmed during my absence, correct?" He loked at her, and saw that she had only the slightest bit of a surprised look in her eyes, and saw as she closed them.

"I cannot guarantee their safety, if they decide to try and break out against our will. Now then, now that that's settle... Levian, take him to the dungeon to choose his assistant, and have them equipped for the road ahead of them." Alicia commanded, and once more, the Gerudo grabbed him by the collar and dragged him towards the dungeon. Once there, He was placed in front of the door, and he looked at each of his friends. Levian waited patiently for his chice, unarmed.

Eventually, Vincent spoke, "The person who I'll take to the Burial Grounds... would have to be Ulia, the Ordonian..." Once he said her name, Levian walked to the cage door, and began to sort through the keys, and after a few other Gerudos arrived to restrain the others from getting out, she unlocked the door, and waited for Ulia to head out.

Posted

When Darius tried to wish her luck on whatever she was going to, he received a kick to the back of his thigh and an order to keep quiet.

"Umm..." Ulia hesitated, looking around. "Okay, then..." She slowly stepped out and stood in front of Vincent. "What am I doing, exactly?"

Posted

When Ulia was let out, Vincent listened when she asked him what they were to do. "I'll explain later once we're ready... But I need to tell the others something..." He spoke, as the Gerudos walked out of the cage, and Levian locked it once more with only Darius, Kira, and Saka behind them. "Guys, your best chance for survival is not to do anything at all; Aicia said it herself that she will not guarantee your safety if you try to break out... So don't try it, alright?" And it was when he finished, Levian and another Gerudo began to take Vincent and Ulia to the barracks part of the base; more formally known as their armory.

Once in, Vincent saw vast amounts of different-shaped scimitars, armor, spears, you name it. However, once they could go in too far, two Gerudos came up and handed a quiver of uniquely modified arrows for Vincent, and a tempered version of her original sword for Ulia. It was the same sword she came here with, just a bit better upgraded, and the blade had been recently been made to feel lighter than it was before. Also, they were given a red potion and a blue potion each, and besides that, nothing more besides a little better protection. When they found out that Vincent was already wearing a plated vest under his own, however, they just left him as it was, though they did give him some lightly plated gauntlets, which Vincent seemed to recogize strangely, for he was the archer.

Once they were prepared, Levian took them back out of the fortress, and led them back towards the desert. "I was not ordered to be your guide, but if you must know where the Arbiter's Burial Grounds are located, it lies a bit further to the north; it'she only temple that stands in the area, so you can't miss it. If you do... well, I have no idea what Alicia intends to do with your friends while you two are tking your time..." Levian spoke, waiting for them to start before heading back to the fortress, leaving Vincet and Ulia to fend for themselves.

Posted

"Not so sure I like what they did to my sword," Ulia told Vincent. "They made it better, yeah, but they screwed with my family sword. I don't like that. What do they want us to do out here, anyway? Scout these Burial Grounds?"

---------------------------------------------------------

We are not supposed to do anything, Darius thought. However, we need a plan in case they never return. Darius kept his plans to himself, however, for fear of eavesdropping. If it comes to that, it will definitely be a daring plan, one that could get one of us killed right off the bat if I screw it up. I need to have perfect timing. I will need to have me, or one of us, act sick. Another one of us will request that our guard spears the sick one. Once they try to impale the sick one, we grab the spear and kill the guard with it. Seems simple enough... but what if we cannot grab it in time? Or if we cannot kill the guard? Dammit, I guess it would be better to just sit here and wait. Darius slid back down to sit, and simply waited.

Posted

Does that make me a priest then? Saka wondered.

"Hey Darius, did you see whatever the heck it was I did back there?"

Posted

"Oh yeah," Darius remembered. "Said some things about a goddess called Nayru. Then you yelled 'PARISH!' at the Gerudo who Ulia was fighting, and something happened. I am unsure of what, but Ulia came out on top."

Posted

"Shoot, I was hoping you got a better view. Oh well." He shifted to be more comfortable, and continued, "Nayru is one of the three goddesses who created this world. She instilled order and law upon the land. She also happens to be the main focus of the Zora religion, though we also worship the other two, Din and Farore. I tend to pray when I feel helpless, but nothing like that's ever happened before."

Posted

"Hmm..." Darius thought as he leaned back. "I wonder why they never told me about this... we Hylians worship the light spirits. It is interesting to hear about different cultures, though, different religions. Hmm..."

Posted

"I've always thought the light spirits were lesser beings of a sort, created by the goddesses to keep the world as it should be."