Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Where does God come from?

265 posts in this topic

Posted

The sun doesn't shine because I want it to.

Actually, with all the nukes we have today, the only reason the sun is still shining is because we want it to.

Anyways I should really read all these posts in this quickly growing topic before I get left too far behind.

Posted

Hmmm, seems like you've never been outside of Utah. People are gonna insult your friends. A few may insult your family. A LOT will insult your God(s). Deal with it.

I can say what I like, thank you.

Posted

Yes, you can and may say what you like! Same rules apply to everyone else! INCLUDING SILVES! <Shocker>

Posted

Listen. Saying God sucks is OK. Because he was kidding. I don't get why you think it's a big deal. That's like getting worked up over yo mamma jokes.

I know... It's just hard when you see somthing that offends you repeated over and over again while people look and are pleased about it....

Why does Min make more sense than anyone else here?O_o

Yes, you can and may say what you like! Same rules apply to everyone else! INCLUDING SILVES! <Shocker>

Then this will not sound very cheerful...

You should make a rant thread concerning Phantasmagoric Hero being a god... Because he took my "YOU SUCK" seriously and won't forgive me unless yooooooou make a topic about him. >:c Remember the whole "MAKE A RANT THREAD IF SOMEONE THREATENS ME."

But I think I've caused enough unrest as it is.

Posted

When did Vio say that? I think I'm going insane... I can't find that post anywhere on this thread.

Posted

Si, I'm still catching up on the first page, but I ran into this little quote.

That pit of despair lasts about 80 years, 99 tops. The Lord has offered us an eternity in paradise that we only spend those years acting as He would have us.

Eternity is an interesting concept that a lot of people seem to misinterpret. They say you'll spend an eternity in Heaven. But the thing abotu eternity is that it always was, is and will be. But people describer heaven as something that will be, with your soul and all. But when you say you're soul is gonna hang around for an eternity, that means your soul already was around for an eternity, too. What was it doing until now? Why did it pick this blip along the infinite timeline to be on earth and suddenly spend the second half of eternity in heaven/hell?

Posted

It was in a private message. Except I'm stupid and wind up upsetting a bunch of people nearly every time I make a thread, so after some reflection I decided against carrying out those orders.

Posted

Pheonix, only God is eternal. We aren't eternal, and our souls aren't eternal. God made our souls with dirt and his breath. That's what the Bible says. Heaven isn't eternal, and neither is earth. God is making a new heaven and earth that will last for eternity.

Eternity means lasting forever, not that it has lasted forever. Only God has lasted forever. It's kinda like in math where a square can be a rectangle but a rectangle can't be a square. God can be eternal but we can't, unless God makes us eternal.

Posted

I find it really annoying when people bring private matters, even messages, into the public. Just a pet-peeve.... Is there any kind of peeve other then a pet?

Posted

"pheonix561's post condensed for purpose of space."

Latter-day Saints believe that all humans are spirit children of heavenly parents, and they dwelt with them prior to birth on this earth (Heb. 12:9; cf. Jer. 1:5; Eph. 1:4). In that premortal life, or first estate, those spirit children could not progress fully. They needed a physical body in order to have a fulness of joy (D&C 93:33-34), and the spirits also needed to be placed in an environment where, by the exercise of agency, they could prove their willingness to keep God's commandments (Abr. 3:25). On the other hand, if they succumbed to temptation, they would be shut out from God's presence, for "no unclean thing can dwell with God" (1 Ne. 10:21; Eph. 5:5). To bring those who yielded to temptation back into God's presence, a plan of redemption had to be set in place, and this required a redeemer.

A Council in Heaven was held of all the spirits, and two individuals volunteered to serve as the redeemer. One was Lucifer, a son of the morning (Isa. 14:12; D&C 76:26), who said he would "redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost," but they would have no choice in the matter. Their agency would be destroyed (Moses 4:1-3). Such a proposal was out of harmony with the plan of the Father, for the agency of mankind is an absolute prerequisite to progress. Jehovah, the premortal Jesus Christ, had first stepped forward and volunteered to give his life as payment for all sins. He set no plan or conditions of his own, but said, "Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever" (Moses 4:2). He was selected by the Father.

That is my understanding of it.

Posted

Why does Min make more sense than anyone else here?O_o

Because...

I'm secretly Vio

:o

Posted

Eternity is an interesting concept that a lot of people seem to misinterpret. They say you'll spend an eternity in Heaven. But the thing abotu eternity is that it always was, is and will be. But people describer heaven as something that will be, with your soul and all. But when you say you're soul is gonna hang around for an eternity, that means your soul already was around for an eternity, too. What was it doing until now? Why did it pick this blip along the infinite timeline to be on earth and suddenly spend the second half of eternity in heaven/hell?

That's a very good question.

+1.

Posted

I think that souls spend the rest of eternity in Heaven.

Posted

I find it really annoying when people bring private matters, even messages, into the public. Just a pet-peeve.... Is there any kind of peeve other then a pet?

Well, it seemed like a better idea than actually making such a topic. Perhaps now you two my resolver your differences (real or otherwise)?

Posted

Luci's way sounds a lot easier and much more pleasant in my opinion.

Edit- Oh yea, I don't have a problem with Vio. Not at all. You, on the other hand.... That's questionable.