Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I watched Conquer of Shambala yesterday.

It... Was... AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I now need to finish Ranma then find another anime... SK you tend to like he same stuff I do. Any suggestions?

Hm... have you seen Wolf's Rain? That was a really great anime.

Oh, I'd also suggest Code Geass. I'm on the second season and it OWNS! :D

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

The point is to not care?

If you want to watch anime, go for it.

They have no business with your matters at home.

Jesus.

Sahaqiel

Fight the power Saha! You da man!

What you doing just now then?

Joking...

Posted

The point is to not care?

If you want to watch anime, go for it.

They have no business with your matters at home.

Jesus.

Sahaqiel

Well it doesn't matter anymore. They don't show DBZ, or DB anymore. All the modern anime makes no since, has gay senes, and has a cat dude fixing a bike. WTF is wrong with T.V. now a days?

Posted

YLA one thing that I really dislike about you post before I go into friendly disproving. DON"T USE GAY OR RETARDED AS AN INSULT! JUST IMAGINE HOW IT HURTS THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HOMOSEXUAL WHEN THEY HEAR THAT!

And that's only one scene you saw. Most modern animes have what makes a T.V. show perfect if you ask me;

1) Good characters with histories, personality, and amazing characterization.

2) A good storyline with several arcs, twists, and just minor things you could have expected but didn't.

3) At least a slight perversion/perverted character. (Mustang (FMA) is an example of a slightly perverted character, while Happosai majorly)

4) Good drawing style. Most amican show don't look remotely realistic in a bad way, while anime has a way of making characters look real while still in a cartoonish manner.

That's all I can think of for now. All allowed to add to list.

Posted

Good drawing style. Most amican show don't look remotely realistic in a bad way, while anime has a way of making characters look real while still in a cartoonish manner.

The main principal in drawing anime humans is proportion to the human body in real life. The head can be as long as you want, as long as the rest of the body stays proportionate relative to the length used. The only time that rule doesn't apply is in drawing super deformed.

Posted

Anime is much superior in entertainment value compared to most American cartoons.

Anime also, most of the time, has a set plot, which many cartoons completely ignore.

Sahaqiel

Posted

YLA one thing that I really dislike about you post before I go into friendly disproving. DON"T USE GAY OR RETARDED AS AN INSULT! JUST IMAGINE HOW IT HURTS THE PEOPLE WHO ARE HOMOSEXUAL WHEN THEY HEAR THAT!

And that's only one scene you saw. Most modern animes have what makes a T.V. show perfect if you ask me;

1) Good characters with histories, personality, and amazing characterization.

2) A good storyline with several arcs, twists, and just minor things you could have expected but didn't.

3) At least a slight perversion/perverted character. (Mustang (FMA) is an example of a slightly perverted character, while Happosai majorly)

4) Good drawing style. Most amican show don't look remotely realistic in a bad way, while anime has a way of making characters look real while still in a cartoonish manner.

That's all I can think of for now. All allowed to add to list.

GAY WASN'T AN INSULT! You said of a show where two guys kiss. That is acually gay, and Retard is an insult. It's been an insult since I was in 1st grade.

1. They never show the first episode of anything. So i'm like who are they, and my friend yells at me for not knowing. He says, and quote, "You are a retard for not liking anime."

2. Uh what? A cat fixes a bike. What fun is that, what story line is that?

3. Yes, but on cartoon network. Come on.

4. I still think DBZ has the best drawing style.

Posted

You said you thought DBZ was a badly drawn cartoon.

Anime do have first episodes.

Missing them is probably the reason you're confused as to why a cat is fixing a bike.

Mental retardation is not an insult, but an ailment.

Why does it matter that two guys kissed?

Are you offended when two girls kiss?

Jeez.

Sahaqiel

Posted

You said you thought DBZ was a badly drawn cartoon.

Anime do have first episodes.

Missing them is probably the reason you're confused as to why a cat is fixing a bike.

Mental retardation is not an insult, but an ailment.

Why does it matter that two guys kissed?

Are you offended when two girls kiss?

Jeez.

Sahaqiel

No I didn't.

I know they don't show them.

I think it was inuyasha, and he fell on this girls bike, and he spends the whole show fixing it. You people said it was good. :angry:

Everyone says it. Everywhere.

Well it's disturbing.

No, but still this show is on Cartoon network. I don't think they can show things like that to younger vewers.

Posted

The boys kiss on accident. Naruto's up on the desk, and the kind sitting in front of him scoots back... Also I think that falls under a perversion, and the proper term is yoai (yuri for girls.) What makes no sense to me is why fangirls draw yoai? If you like a guy why draw him with another guy? Why not draw him with you?

Posted

Homosexuality is the same thing as heterosexuality, only with two people of the same sex. It's perfectly OK to show on Cartoon Network.

Also,

And I never said Inuyasha was good. It's entertaining until about the third season, but after that, it gets boring. I never bothered to watch the rest of the 5 billion other episodes that were left.

Inuyasha is also vastly overrated.

Sahaqiel

Posted

God Saha! You just don't like action/adventure fantasy/fiction Shonen anime. That doesn't mean it's overrated! It means you think it's overrated. To me FMA is God on a stick, but that's because I like it's areas. There is a thing called opinions. And my opinion is that over half of your animes are boring and overrated, but you don't see me going and saying that to anyone I see cause I know it's my opinion. Also will someone answer my question about fangirls and yoai/fanboys and yuri?

Posted

Homosexuality is the same thing as heterosexuality, only with two people of the same sex. It's perfectly OK to show on Cartoon Network.

Also,

And I never said Inuyasha was good. It's entertaining until about the third season, but after that, it gets boring. I never bothered to watch the rest of the 5 billion other episodes that were left.

Sahaqiel

Fine. Everyone else says it's good.

@Umbreon: O.K. Right.

Posted

If you're speaking on opinions then yes I guess. I'm a little lost here...

Posted

Sahaqiel

NUH-UH.

It's just opinion, that... OBVIOUSLY, you don't share. It's the best Anime I've ever seen.