Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

NUH-UH.

It's just opinion, that... OBVIOUSLY, you don't share. It's the best Anime I've ever seen.

... Really? You find catmen falling on bikes, and fixing them???

@SK: Our school has one. There are only 3 members in it. XD

That and i'm not following anything Umbreon, and Saha are arguing about. Short attention span... Sorta.

Posted

Your school has an anime club? Is that what you were talking about? Mine doesn't. Mine has Quake Club, where you can just go on the computers or play Quake (as the name suggests). And other clubs like the Young Engineers where you design and make things like electric cars and things like that.

Posted

@SK: Our school has one. There are only 3 members in it. XD

Lol ours already has 6 members and we haven't even had our first club meeting yet. XD

I had to finish Paintshopping a few poster ads to place in our school yesterday (they turned out pretty good. I volunteered to make 3 using the anime Eureka SeveN: my other friends did ones of Haruhi Suzumiya, Bleach, Naruto etc. You know, a lot of the mega-popular animes. Even if I don't like Naruto. REALLY don't. >_>) After that, my friend and I went over a few things we might do in the club (we could bring in a few anime movies we have, we could bring in manga, we could bring in anime eps on DVD if anyone has any etc.) So it should be interesting. =) Our principle was surprisingly easygoing about the whole idea.

I watched a trailer of this anime called Solty Rei (I know, it sounds really quite weird.) But it does indeed look interesting. From what I've seen, it's a sci-fi anime set in the future. The protagonists seem to be an older man (whom I don't know much about) and a young girl who supposedly saves his life. The girls seems to have this interesting power in her arm as well.

I dunno, I might check it out soon.

Posted

First off, InuYasha, (There, Ryu) is a dog-demon thing, not a cat-demon thing,

Second of all,

Anime do have first episodes.

Missing them is probably the reason you're confused as to why a cat is fixing a bike.

Ugh.

Also, Saria,

Ugh.

Megapopularity ruins anime so much.

It's a good thing Haruhi wasn't ultrapopularized by the States...

Yet, unfortunately.

If it releases in the US, one of two things will happen.

One- people will take it as the most awesome anime ever, but still won't reach Naruto's overrating and fanbase, (In the US.)

Two- people will like the anime, but not as much as others, probably saying something along the lines of, "Naruto was better".

Sahaqiel

Posted

Tell me some Anime worth watching so I can fit in here.

Posted

First off, InuYasha, (There, Ryu) is a dog-demon thing, not a cat-demon thing,

Second of all,

Ugh.

Also, Saria,

Ugh.

Megapopularity ruins anime so much.

It's a good thing Haruhi wasn't ultrapopularized by the States...

Yet, unfortunately.

If it releases in the US, one of two things will happen.

One- people will take it as the most awesome anime ever, but still won't reach Naruto's overrating and fanbase, (In the US.)

Two- people will like the anime, but not as much as others, probably saying something along the lines of, "Naruto was better".

Sahaqiel

Haruhi already has been released in the US. I've seen the first DVD Volume every time I stop by the anime section at Future Shop. It's been out on DVD for awhile, so I guess it would be around the second option you've got listed.

Well, megapopularity ruined Naruto, Bleach; ... kinda sorta, but not so much IMO, FMA; not really, and I just made an E7 one to get the word out.

I think I actually saw a girl at my school reading a Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. I was quite surprised, really.

Posted

I just finished watching Howl's Moving Castle and I'm now watching Princess Mononoke. Classic anime films from Studio Ghibli. ^-^

Anyone want to be on my signature? Just pick an animal and I'll put you on my signature alongside a picture of your chosen animal. ^-^

Posted

Can someone help me find Ranma? The person on Youtube who I watched it trough got his/her account suspended, and video's deleted.

Posted

Man...I will NEVER understand Youtube....

Posted

Haruhi already has been released in the US. I've seen the first DVD Volume every time I stop by the anime section at Future Shop. It's been out on DVD for awhile, so I guess it would be around the second option you've got listed.

Well, megapopularity ruined Naruto, Bleach; ... kinda sorta, but not so much IMO, FMA; not really, and I just made an E7 one to get the word out.

I think I actually saw a girl at my school reading a Yu-Gi-Oh! manga. I was quite surprised, really.

I mean for broadcast, not DVD.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I mean for broadcast, not DVD.

Sahaqiel

Oh.

My bad. :embarrassed:

The anime club at our school is pretty awesome! We had over 15 members at the Anime club meeting, and it was SO FUN! A lot of them are Naruto fans as well as Bleach fans. Some like Death Note, too.

No one knew what Eureka SeveN was when I said it. So I'll be bringing in the DVD Volumes I have. =) Maybe I could create some fans lol.

We also started talking about Anime North, and maybe how we could get the group to go to it. I wanted to check it out, and over the past few months, I'd been deciding what anime character to cosplay as if I ever got tickets to go. One of the group members started saying that they had a whole Bleach cosplay group, and they needed a Renji cosplay.

So... 8D Yup, I'll probably be cosplaying as my favorite Bleach character, Renji. *glomps* :3

One of our members even wore an Akatsuki cloak at the meeting lol (Akatsuki... isn't that Itachi?) Everyone was striking up Naruto conversations (saying the dub sucks and all that) and I could only agree on the dub sucking, because I've only seen 3 episodes of Naruto. Oh wells.

And most of the people in the club WENT TO THE FAN EXPO CONVENTION I WAS AT IN AUGUST! =O But they were mostly there on Sunday, whereas I went on Saturday. :sadlink:

All in all, our anime club rocked today! :D It felt so awesome just to discuss what we normally don't discuss at school. =)

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)

Posted

I spyed on my anime club during band pratice, and there were like 2 or 3 members. XD

Posted

My school doesn't have an anime club. It's dissapointing.

Posted

Lucky.

How do I stop liking anime? I can't stop liking DBZ now. I need help.

Posted (edited)

Lucky.

How do I stop liking anime? I can't stop liking DBZ now. I need help.

Lol same thing happened to me. I recently got back into DBZ. =) I blame the YT video series of DBZ Abridged for bringing it back for me lol.

You can just say that you at least like it here. I mean, you don't have to go crazy talking about it nonstop or anything, it's not like it's a crime or anything.

There aren't any DBZ fans at our anime club, but oh well. At least there are Bleach fans.

And Fruits Basket manga fans (there's this other girl who's favorite character is also Kyo, so we tend to talk to each other about it A LOT. XD)

Well if you think enough people will join, then start it up. That's what my friends and I did, and it turned out better than we expected. =]

Edited by Saria_Kokiri (see edit history)