Anime

1941 posts in this topic

Posted

"God Saha! You just don't like action/adventure fantasy/fiction Shonen anime."

Yes I do like action/adventure fantasy/fiction anime. Also, wtf, when has there ever been a nonfiction anime?

Anyways, the fanbases for FMA, Inuyasha, and (Oh God, especially) Naruto completely idolize these series, despite them not having much "density". The contents of the series are so spread out and barely attached to anything. Inuyasha fights every episode, sometimes finding new abilities in tough situations with his blind determination and willpower.

YEAH, THAT'S TOTALLY ORIGINAL.

There are people that GET VIOLENT on you if you insult any of these anime. Like, they will SLAP you.

It's like the fans are some kind of cult. There are people in my high school that wear Naruto headbands.

It's overrated, not because of me, but because of all the people who think it is homemade God on a stick.

There are completely awesome anime that don't have fanbases that totally ruin the feel.

There seems to be a pattern with the "murderous fanbase" crowd.

Naruto, Inuyasha, Dragonball Z, etc. all have more violence than usual, usually to defeat a person that takes an extremely long time to get to.

Inuyasha is pretty repetitive, though, tell you the truth.

Full Metal Alchemist isn't THAT BAD, but it's still overrated.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I mean harcore fiction. No realistic stuff. AND FOR THE LOVE OF! OPINIONS!

And I'm sure you'd find yourself wrong if you'd give them more of a try instead of stereotyping them. Rumio Takashi is one of the best authors there is. So just stop saying things like that due to fanbases. You just happened to come across the uber fans. There are several smaller sites where they aren't as highly idolized, like Zelda. How fair is it if I go and look at this site having never really played to much Zelda and find people worshiping characters, and say. "Oh if they're like that the series can't be this good." So just listen to me for once!

Posted

I do. You still make no sense. I never said that fanbases are the only things that ruin Naruto, Inuyasha, FMA, whatever. I said they are OVERRATED because of the fanbases, which is true, because, despite everyone thinking they're God on a stick, they are NOT God on a stick. This is the basic idea of being overrated.

Not only that, but Inuyasha is incredibly repetitive, and not very original.

Girl meets boy. Boy and girl go on an adventure to defeat a person or organization. Boy and girl meet up with people who have the same goals. Said people join the boy and girl on their quest.

Sounds like Pok

Posted

Since we are both being stubborn mules, and not really listen to ether's points that much and just trying to prove we are right. Let's change topic to the answer to my Yoai question.

Posted

Actually, I did listen to your points.

And they were all biased and opinion based.

What I stated about Inuyasha actually happens in Inuyasha.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well I listened to yours, and they were all profiling, but we're both stubborn so can some answer my yoai question?

Posted

Actually, I did listen to your points.

And they were all biased and opinion based.

What I stated about Inuyasha actually happens in Inuyasha.

Sahaqiel

Posted

... (We need a twitchey eye emoticon)

Yes that happens. IN THE OVERVIEW! There is much more to the story that is so amazing, and well written, Don't judge a book by it's cover, and don't judge an anime by the basics of the plot.

Posted

I'm actually getting back into DBZ. 0_0

Luckily my brother bought a few of the Seasons on DVD a year or two ago. xD Even though I still miss Ocean dub. Funimation's Vegeta is just too... different. He's good, but not what I'm used to.

I can't believe my liking for it has actually been revived.

Well anyshvaes, my friend said that at her anime club at school, they started watching this anime called Black Blood Brothers. It sounds interesting.

Also, my friends and I are starting up an anime club at our school very soon! =D We've already got 6 people willing to be in it, woohoo. ^^

Posted

"Inuyasha meets a demon. Inuyasha defeats the demon with much hardship, sometimes learning and acquiring a new ability. Sometimes we'd peek into Kagome's life. It's always high school drama. Everyone stops caring. Later, they see Sesshomaru or Naraku. After a battle, the bad guy gets away and they're forced to travel farther. After traveling so far, the village is in trouble or Kagome has to go home. Despite them traveling so long and so far to reach said evil person, they get to the well in seconds. Kagome comes back or the village is saved. Lather, rinse, repeat."

This accounts for a majority of the series. It is certainly not restricted to the overview.

And no, the plot's basics aren't what's wrong, it's the basicness of the plot.

I also forgot to mention that every once in awhile, Kagome is encountered, and, being like Meta Knight, is sometimes a good guy, sometimes a bad guy.

And I never judged a book by its cover, wtf. I found out about the horrendous fanbase well after becoming a viewer.

Sahaqiel

Posted

*pulls hair out, makes unintelligible chatter, and finally melts.* Here's a brilliant idea READ THE DUMB MANGA, YOU'LL SEE WHAT I MEAN MUCH BETTER! NOW IF YOU DON'T MIND I'D LIKE TO MOVE AWAY FROM THIS WARZONE TOPIC LIKE A MATURE PERSON, So COULD YOU PLEASE STOP BRINGING IT UP? One last time... "What makes no sense to me is why fangirls draw yoai? If you like a guy why draw him with another guy? Why not draw him with you?" please I'm going to go crazy if I don't get an answer.

Posted

From personal experience, I've come to see that many yaoi artists draw characters from series with others because they think the pairing is cute. I think they understand that they're not real? >_>

Also, rofl, hypocrisy. You're calling me immature while shouting unintelligibly at me over the internet.

You don't close a matter by just saying it's closed. You didn't pay attention to what I said.

So I evaluated further.

Anyways, I'm feeling in the mood to review some anime.

Sahaqiel

Posted

*falls over in disappointed pose.* Hey this is to all of you miniskirt army members out there!

Okay yeah I'm obsessed... Rangers For the Win!

Posted

I just read all of those posts... holy crap...

Yeah, THAT'S ONE OF THE REASONS WHY INUYASHA IS SO AWESOME. It's InuYasha, not Inuyasha. GET IT RIGHT D: SHEESH.

Posted

I still have to watch Death Note. I probably wont but I feel like I should. I mainly watch only anime movies made by Studio because they never dissapoint.