Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Same-Sex Marriage

385 posts in this topic

Posted

God is still here. The reason God doesn't talk to us anymore is because nobody listens. Honestly, if we just opened our hearts, ears, and minds to him we would probably hear him.

Marriage is a sacriment. It is a joining of two people in the eyes of God. However, because that isn't really true anymore, is it? Like so many other things, a sacred thing has been altered so that it doesn't offend anybody. Whatever. I just want you guys to remember what marriage was originally about and what it's meant to be. Sacred.

Posted

That's true. He also hates almost everyone.

Do you think I hate everyone, just wondering.

Posted

Do you think I hate everyone, just wondering.

You don't hate everyone. I see you be nice to people. I see Paddymac be nice on some ocations. You don't hate everyone.

Posted

I hate no one.

I HAVE TRICKED YOU!

Posted

I hate no one.

I HAVE TRICKED YOU!

Congrats. You have tricked me. :applause: For you have tricked a gulible man.

Posted

I cant believe you people are saying that people should do whatever they want just because they love each other. People have ruined their lives for love, and have even murdered in the name of it. If homosexuals justify their acts in the name of love, then I cannot help but question their sanity.

People have murdered for religon as well but it seems that you conveniently forgot that didn't you?

And it seems people are being a little selfish by saying that marriage is only for different genders, think about it, aren't you just denying people happiness for your own pigheaded beliefs, "oh yeah I'm just going to destroy a nation because I'm a vegen and they're not".

By the way I'm not a vegen

Posted (edited)

I think God may have existed, but I also believe in evolution. I just think that maybe evolution is the answer to how and not the answer to why... if that sounded half as dumb as I think it did then I'd better leave.

Edited by ANGEL TEETH (see edit history)

Posted

God is still here. The reason God doesn't talk to us anymore is because nobody listens. Honestly, if we just opened our hearts, ears, and minds to him we would probably hear him.

Marriage is a sacriment. It is a joining of two people in the eyes of God. However, because that isn't really true anymore, is it? Like so many other things, a sacred thing has been altered so that it doesn't offend anybody. Whatever. I just want you guys to remember what marriage was originally about and what it's meant to be. Sacred.

Roflroflroflrofl. Back then, listening to God involved starving yourself for unreasonable amounts of time.

Also, rofl.

"There were also marriages between men. This practice was outlawed in 342 AD by the Christian emperors Constantius II and Constans. "

Your precious straight marriage wasn't tradition until Christians outlawed homosexual marriage, and this was far after the start of Christianity. It was originally for men, women, and homosexual men. By your reasoning, the original marriage of a man to another man is sacred.

"In the year 390, the Christian emperors Valentinian II, Theodoisus and Arcadius declared homosexual sex to be illegal and those who were guilty of it were condemned to be burned alive in front of the public."

Ah, yes, brotherly love.

Sahaqiel

Posted

You know what? I don't know. I'll take note of the verses that address homosexuality and share them with you. I am a very conservative Christian, so I believe that the bible I'd the absolute truth. I don't really care whether homosexual marriage is legal, though, because it doesn't change anything for me.

Posted

You know, I'm starting to think that this isn't something worth arguing over. I mean, if two people want to love each other and get married, there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I can argue till I'm blue in the face, but people will still go on and do whatever they want, so I'll just ignore it. It might not be the best policy, but it's what I'll stick with.

Posted

I don't really care. I don't think it's right, but it really has nothing to do with me. On the other hand I don't want the world to go off balanced.

Posted

Wow this is getting intense.

Posted

You know, I'm starting to think that this isn't something worth arguing over. I mean, if two people want to love each other and get married, there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I can argue till I'm blue in the face, but people will still go on and do whatever they want, so I'll just ignore it. It might not be the best policy, but it's what I'll stick with.

I could say the same thing about your view. Don't be a hypocrite and try to say they're stubborn.

Also, I have caught YLA in a lie.

I don't really care. I don't think it's right, but it really has nothing to do with me. On the other hand I don't want the world to go off balanced.

and I belive faimly guy, and science.

A bit of a disclaimer, I was watching Family Guy recently because I had to babysit several preteens who watched the show and saw some things that are a hot topic in this thread. I do not normally watch or encourage the watching of Family Guy.

In an episode of Family Guy (Which you never spell right. Wtf, it doesn't even sound like "faimly".), Brian's homosexual cousin wanted to get married to his boyfriend in their house, but Lois didn't like the idea of homosexuals being married. She didn't have a problem with them, but she decided she didn't think it was right.

Peter (The "Family Guy"), on the other hand, believed it was fantastic, and he encouraged homosexual marriage. Even in the end, she saw the error of her ways and dropped her ideal that homosexuals marrying was wrong.

And science doesn't dictate who is married.

Therefore, you denied what you said you believed. You lied.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I could say the same thing about your view. Don't be a hypocrite and try to say they're stubborn.

Also, I have caught YLA in a lie.

A bit of a disclaimer, I was watching Family Guy recently because I had to babysit several preteens who watched the show and saw some things that are a hot topic in this thread. I do not normally watch or encourage the watching of Family Guy.

In an episode of Family Guy (Which you never spell right. Wtf, it doesn't even sound like "faimly".), Brian's homosexual cousin wanted to get married to his boyfriend in their house, but Lois didn't like the idea of homosexuals being married. She didn't have a problem with them, but she decided she didn't think it was right.

Peter (The "Family Guy"), on the other hand, believed it was fantastic, and he encouraged homosexual marriage. Even in the end, she saw the error of her ways and dropped her ideal that homosexuals marrying was wrong.

And science doesn't dictate who is married.

Therefore, you denied what you said you believed. You lied.

Sahaqiel

I can't belive you went though all that. Anyway I said I belived it, but I never said I belive every single little detail of it.

Also of course science doesn't tell everything in life. Therefore I have not lied.

Posted

I can't belive you went though all that. Anyway I said I belived it, but I never said I belive every single little detail of it.

Also of course science doesn't tell everything in life. Therefore I have not lied.

science tells us that homosexuality is normal. This might be a mutation that happened in early evolution, or it might be something completely different. We can't be completely certain about why it is normal. But what we do know is that is normal among humans and among most other species. From everything between dolphins, birds and insects. We also know that this behavior do NOT harm evolution or reproduction. If it did, humans would not be where we are today.

Therefor, I accept homosexuality as a natural behavior among my fellow human beings, and choose not to discriminate them based on this.