Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Same-Sex Marriage

385 posts in this topic

Posted

You know what? I don't know. I'll take note of the verses that address homosexuality and share them with you. I am a very conservative Christian, so I believe that the bible I'd the absolute truth. I don't really care whether homosexual marriage is legal, though, because it doesn't change anything for me.

You know, I'm starting to think that this isn't something worth arguing over. I mean, if two people want to love each other and get married, there's nothing I can do about it anyway. I can argue till I'm blue in the face, but people will still go on and do whatever they want, so I'll just ignore it. It might not be the best policy, but it's what I'll stick with.

I don't really care. I don't think it's right, but it really has nothing to do with me. On the other hand I don't want the world to go off balanced.

I love how these are all in a row. All of them accepting defeat of the arguement against Sahaqiel, but trying to hide it.

Also, Young Link Addict, please spell "Believe" "Believe" and not "Belive." Please.

Posted

I don't really agree with it, but I think people should do what they want

Posted (edited)

Fine cal me a homophobe if you want, thats what I think.

You're a homophobe.

I support it all the way. I once saw a short movie that really helped me to get into this. It was about a place where everyone was homosexual (And no, I don't meen san francisco) , and these to kids at school (A boy and a girl) were not. They were ridiculed and shunned for being heterosexual. Think of it that way. What if things were the other way around, you might see that being different is fine.

@figurehead, Vivi and Kimmy

@Muffin, FALL BEFORE THE MIGHT OF SAHAQIEL!!!

@YLA, Do you have any idea who you just said that to? Saha could write paragraph after paragraph about a fly.

Edited by Rumo of Zamonia (see edit history)

Posted

@figurehead Vivi, Kimmy, Dustin, Sirjoshizzle, jolter, Zuzu, badmediakarma and several others have been reported as either homosexual or bisexual.

The common house fly , despite being a pest, is actually a very useful being that contributes to the environment greatly. The house fly normally decomposes a large portion of wastes and hazardous materials, such as common garbage and biological waste such as decaying corpses and fecal matter. This helps in the fertilization process of grass and other plants.

Their offspring normally consists of maggots, which are most known for settling in spoiled milk. They reproduce with eggs near a food source so the maggots can feed until they grow wings. The eggs are also laid in feces or garbage, which also helps further the decomposition process.

However, house flies are a disease receptical, so to speak, and carry small amounts of dangerous diseases, such as common cold rhinoviruses to anthrax, which is a scary thought. Flies exist in cold temperatures normally only with humans, though, so it's best to get rid of them when you have the chance.

Also, I have no problem with your view, but it's that kind of view that prevents homosexuals from being able to marry. When votes are taken, there are people who share that view, and they will vote against it, even though "it doesn't involve you".

And yes, put yourself in their shoes. What if you were the only heterosexual and that homosexuality allowed for reproduction? What if they ridiculed you and said you shouldn't be able to marry the girl you're dating, because it was "tradition"? You would think this isn't fair, right?

Sahaqiel

Posted

If you've ever read the 'His Dark Materials' series by Philip Pullman then you'll have noticed that it contains a few good theorieson all of this. If you've ever seen 'The Golden Compass', which is rubbish in comparisson to the book which is called 'The Northern Lights', it's the first book in the series. the second and third books are kind of based on Lord Asriel trying to kill God. Lyra's somewhere and doesn't really take part in killing God. It says that in biblical times God intervened in life on earth and gave us basic rules to live by etc. But he started to pull away and let us just, 'get on with it', sort of. The rest of it, like the reason for Lord Asriel trying to kill God aren't really relevant in this topic, so there's the theory given in the book. If you're wondering the series is called 'His Dark Materials', there are three books in the series, number one is called 'The Northern Lights', number two is called 'The Subtle Kinife', the third one is called 'The Amber Spyglass', the author is Philip Pullman.

Posted

I refuse to read the "His Dark Materials" series because it is so terribly blasphemous. Pullman wrote them to get children to question their faith and become atheists or anti-Christians. He has been called the "Anti-Lewis" because of his frequent attacks on C.S. Lewis' character. It saddens me that someone would even try to do that.

But remember, that book was written as a story to influence children against their beliefs. It was just a story with characters that never have existed.

Posted

I'ts a good book for people who've given up on religion like me though. You can say what you like about it, but you can't deny its not a good, well written story.

Posted

I refuse to read the "His Dark Materials" series because it is so terribly blasphemous. Pullman wrote them to get children to question their faith and become atheists or anti-Christians. He has been called the "Anti-Lewis" because of his frequent attacks on C.S. Lewis' character. It saddens me that someone would even try to do that.

But remember, that book was written as a story to influence children against their beliefs. It was just a story with characters that never have existed.

That's not blasphemy, that's just healthy questioning.

Posted

People can choose what they believe in though, people can't steer their children in thier beliefs and keep them on a certain path so they don't see the theories that are all around them. I hate the kind of people that don't let thier children have thier own beliefs.

Posted

Life without meaningful questions makes a life without meaningful statements.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't go to church. My parents don't make me, because they want me to choose my own religion. Personally, I don't have a set one. I believe in a bit from every one I know about, and I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. My whole town is made up of homophobes, and I'm trying to shed a little bit of light on it, starting with my friends and family. I want same-sex marriage legal, because everyone has the right to happiness. I know that if I were to be denied marriage to a person I love, I'd be devastated.

Posted

I don't go to church. My parents don't make me, because they want me to choose my own religion. Personally, I don't have a set one. I believe in a bit from every one I know about, and I don't believe that homosexuality is a sin. My whole town is made up of homophobes, and I'm trying to shed a little bit of light on it, starting with my friends and family. I want same-sex marriage legal, because everyone has the right to happiness. I know that if I were to be denied marriage to a person I love, I'd be devastated.

I'm not a homophobe. I just think it's wrong. Of course everyone deserves happyness, but still if people don't like it they'll only cause commotion.

I'm surpized that noone complaing about the marriage between Elen whatshername, and that one acteress.

Posted

We don't complain about that relationship because we're not insensitive pricks.

Also, I call hypocrisy. You said that people not liking it will cause commotion, and you're not liking it.

Congratulations. You've caused commotion.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't want to offend anybody with this, but I have figured out my stance on this issue.

I think that homosexual marriage should be legalized. Even if it's against religions, why would that make a difference? The government has already banned the teaching of the creation story from classrooms.

Anyway, I have decided that it is a sin, but not a damning one. Since all sin is equal in the eyes of God, and all sin can be forgiven, it's fine. Everybody sins, so this isn't that much of a problem.

My point is, it's fine if they legalize it. Nobody is going to get hurt by it.

Posted

Thank you, shadowknight. Homosexuality, or Bisexuality for that matter, isn't hurting anyone.