Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's The Meaning Of Life?

207 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think religion should get dragged into this. >_>

If worshiping was the actual meaning of life, there would be a lot of meaningless people out there.

And there's no such thing as a meaningless person.

Other than 42, my thoughts on the matter are that you should try to go through life trying to make everyone happier than when you first met them. It's not exactly a meaning, just something I think is more important than most things.

Also, going to move this to serious discussion.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I don't think religion should get dragged into this. >_>

If worshiping was the actual meaning of life, there would be a lot of meaningless people out there.

And there's no such thing as a meaningless person.

There can, however, be less meaningful people.

Like black people.

They only count as 2/3 of a person.

YAY CONFEDERACY!

Posted

Lol God=/= meaning of life.

God=/= real.

Living then dying=meaning of life.

Posted

The meaning of life is what people describe as the thing people exist to do while they are alive, YLA.

Dying is the meaning of death.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well I was 1/2 right, but death is still a part of life.

Posted (edited)

The meaning of life is to find the meaning of life.

I never thought of it that way... you're a genius!

Also,

There can, however, be less meaningful people.

Like black people.

They only count as 2/3 of a person.

YAY CONFEDERACY!

WHAT THE puppy, CHAMELEON?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? It's assholes like you that got Bush in office!

Edited by Frahugganiffle (see edit history)

Posted

Death is a part of death.

Once you are dead, you are not necessarily alive. So there can't be any applied meaning to life if your life isn't there anymore.

Also, I did think of that once.

The meaning of life is to find the meaning of life thing.

But it just made too much sense, rofl.

Sahaqiel

Posted

God=/= real.

You don't know that.

WHAT THE puppy, CHAMELEON?!?!?!?!?!??!?!? It's assholes like you that got Bush in office!

Satire.

Posted

To me, the Meaning of Life is more of a mystery than deffinate answer, as to most it is a mystery. In my opinion, the Meaning of Life is to live and die. To be what and who you are, and to seek that of which will fufill your destiny. To let the winds of Time and Order blow you into the path that will lead you to your own definite meaning of Life. To me, there are not one, but multiple meanings. Meanings that will never be answered by word alone, but action and fate. Fate that changes with every choice we make. Does that mean the meaning of our lives change? Who knows?

The Meaning of Life is more than a definintion to me. It is more like a book, a series of books if you will, full of chapters and verses that etch into our minds over time. That book is either burned or published, our choice hopefully being published, so that it remains until the End of Time itself.

The Meaning of Life? May it be forever secret, for I fear that if man were to find what it is by some ungodly way, that it would be the end of us all, that is if the End of Time doesn't come before that.

Posted (edited)

The only way you can understand the meaning of life is when your life ends and you either:

1. look it up in a dictionary after you die

2. You look for some similarity between the living and the dead

Thats my theory anyway.

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

I think this was also in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. But, Even if we do discover the meaning of the universe, it will just dissolve and be replaced with an even bigger, more complicated universe.

Something like that.

Posted

Theorizers claim that since not enough letters were in the bag, there could have been more to the Question that matched mathematically with the Answer. An undeniable resource, a man who drank too much of a truth serum, thus granting him the inability to lie about things whether or not they lie in his knowledge or not, has also come forth on his deathbed to say that the Question and Answer cannot coexist, or the Universe would be torn apart and been replaced with someone much more odd and twisted. Some think this may have happened more than once.

However, the Answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything, remains at 42.

Also, Zeldafan, do not deny fact and insult the Answer so ignorantly. >:(

Also, seriously.

Just throwing this out there, but wouldn't God be a p. big jerk if he/she/it created life just to have someone to rule over, who all blindly follow him/her/it without question?

You'd all just be tools.

In the most negative sense of the word.

I think the meaning of life is to live. It's pretty simple. You should live out your life and do what comes naturally. Be yourself. Enjoy what time you have. Don't screw up, and if you do, then just keep moving forward. You were given the opportunity to survive. How many others have died early or have not even been born at all, losing the race to become birthed?

When life gets you down, just remember.

You were once the most determined little sperm.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Once you are dead, you are not necessarily alive. So there can't be any applied meaning to life if your life isn't there anymore.

Also, I did think of that once.

The meaning of life is to find the meaning of life thing.

But it just made too much sense, rofl.

Sahaqiel

True, but don't you experience death of other people while you are alive.

Posted

No sh1t Sherlock.

But thanks for mentioning my theory. I like it. Lots of things in the world don't make sense but they could be possible.

If to find the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life, then we've already discovered the meaning of life.

But yeah, it is pretty damn confusing...

Posted

I was talking to YLA. It was obvious that it was obvious. >_.

YLA, I'm saying that the meaning of life cannot be to die (ie - to be dead), because you do not have life when you are dead, therefore the meaning would be nothing at all. It's like saying the meaning of me going to school is for me to not go to school. It isn't the meaning of life, it's just the ceasing of having it.

Perhaps the meaning of life is to find the meaning of life.

And by that, I mean by trying to find meaningful things in life, such as love, companionship, joy, etc. etc.

But it's still 42.

Sahaqiel