Religion

817 posts in this topic

Posted

If any of you really want a good argument for God's existance, read the book I mentioned earlier. "Mere Christianity". It proves that God does exist and that He is good in 50 pages, and it does so without referencing the Bible. It's a very advanced book that will challenge you the whole way through, but it's worth reading.

Posted

If any of you really want a good argument for God's existance, read the book I mentioned earlier. "Mere Christianity". It proves that God does exist and that He is good in 50 pages, and it does so without referencing the Bible. It's a very advanced book that will challenge you the whole way through, but it's worth reading.

Nah no thank you, I've already read "does God exist?". Another book which concludes in the existence of god. Didn't prove poo to me.

Posted

I've read plenty of books like that too, and this one is totally different than anything I've ever read before. It was written by a man that was a very deep thinker. He was one of the great minds of the 20th century. He was an atheist himself before he convinced himself otherwise. Unintentionally, might I add.

Posted

I've read plenty of books like that too, and this one is totally different than anything I've ever read before. It was written by a man that was a very deep thinker. He was one of the great minds of the 20th century. He was an atheist himself before he convinced himself otherwise. Unintentionally, might I add.

So was the author of the book I read. I might that it was a discussion book, so I think I got most views covered. I'm not going to spend any more time on reading about it, as the I don't find the subject nearly as interesting as political books.

Posted

All right then, that's fine with me. I was just suggesting the book to anyone that cared to read it.

Posted

All right then, that's fine with me. I was just suggesting the book to anyone that cared to read it.

g

Posted (edited)

In my one of my text book it had a quote, and i'll quote that quote. It said ""Christianity is wrong, and immoral"" Unless that's a quote from a person who just doesn't like/believe in christianity. Anyway it's a text book, and I don't see why it would lie. If that's a lie then that means that everyother book, besides biogaphies, lie.

Sorry I mean Autobiographies.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted

What textbook was it that said that? Besides, to say that it was a liar is to call many very inteligent men and women fools.

Posted

What textbook was it that said that? Besides, to say that it was a liar is to call many very inteligent men and women fools.

to say that it is correct is to acknowledge that very many intelligent men and women aren't fools.

Posted

I'm guessing it was a history text book.

Posted

Sorry for going off-topic a bit but who was it that said 'The pen is mightier than the sword' ?

Posted

The origins of that quote are uncertain because there have been so many similar quotes from all time periods. It is used in many plays, books, and even the bible. Sort of. They all say something that means the same thing as the quote.

Posted

Ok then, I was just wondering who said it because I'm putting it in my temporary signature while I'm waiting to get a good Versus XIII one.

Posted

Large Hadron Collider. Kinda interesting, kinda scary.

People say that if it's successful it could prove that the big bang created everything and God doesn't exist. However, I don't think so. It would still leave questions unanswered.

What created the energy that caused the Big Bang? How was it that a giant explosion could have created life? If we smash two particles together in space would we create life? If we had to force two particles to collide, why would they do it without outside influence?

Lots of unanswered questions.

Posted (edited)

There are a lot of unanswered questions. The point is whether you believe evolution or christianity, it all comes down to faith. You have to have faith in either to believe. No one will ever be able to prove evolution or the big bang scientifically, sorry. Maybe they will prove there was a big bang, but who is to say that God didn't make the big bang. Everything has to start somewhere. Nothing comes from nothing in science. So where did the first gas or particle come from... magic? Besides, Nothing in all of history goes from a state of chaos to order with out intervention. You build a house and leave i alone....what happens....it rots and falls down. You leave an apple on the ground....it rots. You could bust your brain trying to discover a scientific solution that will never be found....or just give up and go with the God's way. It makes sense. Besides...I'm gonna go on the safe side. If i believe in God and die and it turns out to not be right....nothing bad happens, but if you believe in evolution and it turns out to be wrong.......well......hell ain't a fun place. And no...you can't get to heaven through good works....the bible clearly says that....a personal realtonship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. But enough about that that is not what the discussion is about so yes....i believe christianity and that is why.

Edited by Ralon (see edit history)