Religion

817 posts in this topic

Posted

In my one of my text book it had a quote, and i'll quote that quote. It said ""Christianity is wrong, and immoral"" Unless that's a quote from a person who just doesn't like/believe in christianity. Anyway it's a text book, and I don't see why it would lie. If that's a lie then that means that everyother book, besides biogaphies, lie.

Sorry I mean Autobiographies.

In response to that. Yes you could say it is wrong. I could publish a text book tommorow saying that all people who don't sleep on the floor are mentally insane, immoral, and non-existant people.....but it sin't true is it? People can write and publish outright lies in a textbook just as easily as they can publish outright lies in a normal book. It's called being biased or opinionated.....opinions makes us all human.

Posted

There are a lot of unanswered questions. The point is whether you believe evolution or christianity, it all comes down to faith. You have to have faith in either to believe. No one will ever be able to prove evolution or the big bang scientifically, sorry. Maybe they will prove there was a big bang, but who is to say that God didn't make the big bang. Everything has to start somewhere. Nothing comes from nothing in science. So where did the first gas or particle come from... magic? Besides, Nothing in all of history goes from a state of chaos to order with out intervention. You build a house and leave i alone....what happens....it rots and falls down. You leave an apple on the ground....it rots. You could bust your brain trying to discover a scientific solution that will never be found....or just give up and go with the God's way. It makes sense. Besides...I'm gonna go on the safe side. If i believe in God and die and it turns out to not be right....nothing bad happens, but if you believe in evolution and it turns out to be wrong.......well......hell ain't a fun place. And no...you can't get to heaven through good works....the bible clearly says that....a personal realtonship with Jesus is the only way to heaven. But enough about that that is not what the discussion is about so yes....i believe christianity and that is why.

Yes, but christians don't believe in the big bang, or evalution even though they both make perfect sence. My friend says that religion is just something that you believe, but you can't see, or prove, but that's not true no mater what because you can't see it, and you can't prove it so it must not be real.

Posted

Most people assume that religion and evolution can't coexist, but the fact of the matter was that Darwin was a Christian. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are the same now as we were at the time of creation. People just like to think that it does because they like it when things always stay the same.

Also, the Big Bang Theory doesn't make perfect sense at all. Where did the gas and particles and energy that caused it come from? How is it that a giant explosion created life and planets and stars and all the other stuff out there from nothing?

If the Big Bang created everything, that would mean that there was nothing before it occurred. So, why did it happen if there was nothing there to cause it?

It makes about as much sense as spontaneous combustion.

Posted

Most people assume that religion and evolution can't coexist, but the fact of the matter was that Darwin was a Christian. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that we are the same now as we were at the time of creation. People just like to think that it does because they like it when things always stay the same.

Also, the Big Bang Theory doesn't make perfect sense at all. Where did the gas and particles and energy that caused it come from? How is it that a giant explosion created life and planets and stars and all the other stuff out there from nothing?

If the Big Bang created everything, that would mean that there was nothing before it occurred. So, why did it happen if there was nothing there to cause it?

Sure... I won't read the bible because it's like a million, or about 2 thousand pages less, but it's really long so I wouldn't know, and heck if you christians are "Somehow" right then I will just quote a song I know. "Hell ain't about place to be." That was lame... If I had youtube I would post the song. O well.

Fine so I don't understand it, but it was made by scientists, and they aren't stupid, but still one man making everything. Come on.

As I said I don't know.

Hm. Don't know much about that either.

Posted

The big bang theory states that the universe was once basically a black hole; all matter and anti-matter were packed into a space smaller than an atom. The energy came from the instant obliteration of the antimatter and matter particles. Eventually, the matter won out, (Even though there was an incredibly small chance of it doing so) And the ball of matter expanded into a full shape, all energy being created from the sheer force of this, as well as the matter we've come to see today. We were all, believe it or not, once part of a star, whether religion supports it or not. I think it's a pretty awesome concept.

Also, your second paragraph contradicts itself. The concept of "Has always existed" is a null one. What triggered God if God triggered everything?

Your third statement... Wow.

Spontaneous combustion is very common. Oil rags and other such flammable objects burst into flame when they're left out in the sun too long. It's basically like a really slow magnifying glass, yeah?

Now human spontaneous combustion.

That's yet to be proven.

Also, saying that the universe was created by God is just silly, in my opinion. The universe is too large and complex.

That's like saying World of Warcraft was made by one dude.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The concept of eternity doesn't work in science. It does, however, work in religion. In science, everything has to have a start and an end. God can have existed forever because he's God. He's higher than us. It's hard to explain, and I don't even quite understand it myself.

As for the thing about the black hole, where did the matter and antimatter come from? Because infinity doesn't work in science, it had to come from somewhere.

Posted

The concept of eternity doesn't work in science. It does, however, work in religion. In science, everything has to have a start and an end. God can have existed forever because he's God. He's higher than us. It's hard to explain, and I don't even quite understand it myself.

As for the thing about the black hole, where did the matter and antimatter come from? Because infinity doesn't work in science, it had to come from somewhere.

They started out as atoms, and turned into newtrons, and became differnt matter.

Posted

They started out as atoms, and turned into newtrons, and became differnt matter.

Holy gawd, what?

Neutrons are SUBatomic particles.

Atoms are made up OF Neutrons/Protons.

There is no different matter besides atoms.

He's asking where all the atoms came from.

Possibly other universes.

Eternity doesn't really make sense any way you put it, which is why it's difficult to explain.

"God can have existed forever because he's God."

This is the equivalent of "just because".

Which a lot of God theories seem to be based upon.

C'mon, you can do better than that!

I've seen some awesome religious arguments that implement science.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Allow me to rephrase my argument.

If there was matter in the black hole that exploded to create all matter, where did the initial matter come from?

The matter couldn't have created itself, and if it was involved in causing the Big Bang, where did it come from?

Also, science contradicts itself. The laws of conservation of energy and matter state that neither matter or energy can be created or destroyed; it can only change forms. If the Big Bang theory is totally correct, than the laws of conservation would have to have been violated.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

Posted

"Possibly from other universes".

If other universes do exist, it is possible that they follow different laws of physics.

Matter might be possibly created there.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Well considering the fact that most of you guys here are atheist why would I try and argue with a brick wall XD!

But you know saying that you believe in nothing makes you doubtful,makes you depressing,and makes you rape babies!Well thats the theory anyway?

Posted

Well considering the fact that most of you guys here are atheist why would I try and argue with a brick wall XD!

But you know saying that you believe in nothing makes you doubtful,makes you depressing,and makes you rape babies!Well thats the theory anyway?

This is stereotyping. And don't be a hypocrite, you're an average brick wall yourself.

And possibly a more irritating than average one.

Also, most people at Hyrule.net are not athiests. I can guarantee you that.

Saying you believe in nothing doesn't make you rape babies. It doesn't make you depressing either.

And doubt is a healthy thing. It depends on how much you have.

Don't push your luck.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Allow me to rephrase my argument.

If there was matter in the black hole that exploded to create all matter, where did the initial matter come from?

The matter couldn't have created itself, and if it was involved in causing the Big Bang, where did it come from?

Also, science contradicts itself. The laws of conservation of energy and matter state that neither matter or energy can be created or destroyed; it can only change forms. If the Big Bang theory is totally correct, than the laws of conservation would have to have been violated.

Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

the god-has-existed-in-all-eternity-theory makes sooooo much more sence... :unsure:

Posted (edited)

Well some of you are saying that God cannot be true because you can't see him.....tell that to moses....and i havn't seen any big bangs lately either. You can prove the big bang as easily as i can rpove God....YOU CAN'T....Like i said before...both theories of God or big bang go on pure faith.....you just have to believe in one or the other. And so what if scientists do end up making a black hole......how does that prove big bang? we already know black holes exist.....And the alternate universe theory...where alternate universes have different laws of physics.....thats about as....how would you put it...."absured" as believing in God....All "universes" are linked to ours somehow in outer space. The only way alternate rules of physics in another place is possible is in alternate realms......

And we must also realize that while we are trying to restrict God to science by asking "if your gonna ask where the first adom from the big bang came from, where did God come from" we must realize that Christians never claimed to have a possible way of proving God. Science has claimed they can prove the big bang without a doubt.....where's the proof???? Besides, as science diggs deeper into the truth of evolution, they hit snags that contradict their theories, so they have to alter them. Christianity has never and i mean NEVER hit a contradicting snag yet......

Believing in God may not make a whole lot of sense.....scientifically.....but we never claimed it would.....The big bang is the only theory here that is restricted to mortal life's limited understanding. We also assume the God is restricted to physics.....I never said he was....nor will you find anywhere in the bible that is says he was. And if we start doubting the bible, then i classify it only fair to doubt the text books. Yes the bible was writen by people that we assume (or don't assume) were telling the truth, but when you stop to think....so aren't text books?

And i also never said that science and God cannot co-exist they can and they do.....but i believe that science is not beyond God.....God kows that Humans have a deep passion for knowing why things happen....So i think God gave us science to prove such things. And no....God knew that science would be used one day to try and prove him wrong. The bible talks about that too. Not specifics, but that essentialy Humans will try anything and everyhting to convince themselves that God does not exist.

And just remember...i am not here to offend anyone....we all have freedom of thought and freedom of opinion...so whoever dsaid that atheists were like brick walls.......please....no more offensive comments....this is a discussion, not a witch hunt ok?

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

*To Our Trusty Staff :joy: *

........yes with a title like that you know its going to be good!!!...............................

I love you guys ;)

But anyway,Need I remind you that I'm new and its no skin off my back to be kicked off a dirty site ^_^!

Edited by Zeldafan (see edit history)