Religion

817 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think Y. Link Addict needs a timeout.

shadowknight, you got the right idea. Now you just need the fullness of God's words.

Edited by Goron Lord (see edit history)

Posted

Goron Lord, could you please explain what you mean?

Sahaqiel, there are a lot of people that call themselves Christians but aren't. Unfortunately, most people associate all Christians with those hippocritical ones. Also, could you please explain what you mean by "accepting God within x ammounts of events in your life"? You can accept God at any point in your life.

Posted

I think Y. Link Addict needs a timeout.

shadowknight, you got the right idea. Now you just need the fullness of God's words.

thisisnotkindergarden.whysaythingslikethat.alsoyoudidnotdefeatmeitsstillgoingon.

READIT.

Posted

Sahaqiel, there are a lot of people that call themselves Christians but aren't. Unfortunately, most people associate all Christians with those hippocritical ones.

I'm not going to say anything.

Anyways, this apparently means you can accept God right before death.

Hmm, this seems like a cheap way out.

Any person at all could do this as a failsafe.

And YLA, you act like you're in kindergarten.

I second the notion of a time-out for YLA.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I assume shadowknight, that after the Bible, you think there is no true book of God. You would be wrong in that case.

Posted

Goron Lord, please don't. Please replace your intolerance with patience, your contempt with love. Please don't call names. It doesn't help. Young Link Addict, I hope that you will someday open your mind a little and read the bible, even if it is just to see what you're up against. Eyeoftruth, thank you for your well wishes. I wish you all luck with the rest of your lives.

Sahaqiel, you can't make someone love you. It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I do the things that the Bible teaches, I try not to judge others, and I show brotherly love and care to everyone I meet. I try as hard as I can not to insult people, but I still have people that hate me. They hate me because I love God, because I refuse to conform to the low standards that exist in todays society, and because I'm a "goody freakin' two shoes". The thing is, I have friends too. Quite a few, actually. I'm way happier than I used to be. My point is, you can't decide who loves you.

Ahem what about paddymac and fierce muffin's obvious flaws as people, internet people that is, paddy's a better person in. well. person. And me, I swear too much. Point that out using your uniqe way of putting people down.

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, you have to actually trust God with your eternal life. It is true that you can accept God right before you die and be forgiven of your sins, but you actually have to believe that he will save you and accept the gift of eternal life. It's not just a matter of half-heartedly saying a prayer, there is an actual change that happens. Plenty of people say the prayer, but unfortunately not all of them mean it.

And are you calling me a hippocrite? Could you tell me what I did please?

Angel teeth, could you please tell me when I put someone down? I honestly didn't mean too if I did.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

Unfortunately, you have to actually trust God with your eternal life. It is true that you can accept God right before you die and be forgiven of your sins, but you actually have to believe that he will save you and accept the gift of eternal life. It's not just a matter of half-heartedly saying a prayer, there is an actual change that happens. Plenty of people say the prayer, but unfortunately not all of them mean it.

And are you calling me a hippocrite? Could you tell me what I did please?

Angel teeth, could you please tell me when I put someone down? I honestly didn't mean too if I did.

What do you mean by eturnal life if you die?

Posted

I mean eternal spiritual life. Even after your physical body dies, your spirit lives on in heaven.

Posted

Sorry.

Posted

I mean eternal spiritual life. Even after your physical body dies, your spirit lives on in heaven.

I still don't see how a spirt lives after you die.

Posted

God does love everyone equally, and that's why I don't think people are born homosexual. God would not create someone so that they were condemned from the start.

why I put my faith in God, and why I know he loves all of us.

I suppose you mean God loves everyone except homosexuals, and by "us" you mean "heterosexuals".

Please replace your intolerance with patience, your contempt with love. Please don't call names.

If this is a Christian ideal, then I'd like to point out that heretics were normally treated with highest contempt.

I hope that you will someday open your mind a little and read the bible,

I can't even begin to try to grasp how this sentence could make sense. But you were talking to YLA.

By the way, it's spelled hypocrite.

I'm perfectly fine with most Christian ideals, thanks, and it's evidenced in my own moral code. Brother love is pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, 100% of people are required to think less logically to believe in God. Don't even tell me that this is not true. You could list off ten things to me right now that are evidence that God doesn't exist.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Religion is weird. I'm officially a catholic, but I hardly practice it.

Posted

I suppose you mean God loves everyone except homosexuals, and by "us" you mean "heterosexuals".

If this is a Christian ideal, then I'd like to point out that heretics were normally treated with highest contempt.

I can't even begin to try to grasp how this sentence could make sense. But you were talking to YLA.

By the way, it's spelled hypocrite.

I'm perfectly fine with most Christian ideals, thanks, and it's evidenced in my own moral code. Brother love is pretty awesome.

Unfortunately, 100% of people are required to think less logically to believe in God. Don't even tell me that this is not true. You could list off ten things to me right now that are evidence that God doesn't exist.

Sahaqiel

Hey. What I do?

Anyway this whole Religion thing confuses me. I don't even understand half of what Christians do/ belive, and I might read the bible... If I'm really really bored, and feel like reading a... How many pages does the bible have anyway.

Posted

He was telling you to open your mind and read the Bible.

Some of the Bible has things that are close-minded, though, so I don't understand how that would make sense.

But you're a very close/shallow minded person.

So I said it was OK.

Sahaqiel