Religion

817 posts in this topic

Posted

You have no proof yourself god is real. Sure you read a book, and you can't belive everything you read. How can you walk with someone who you have no proof of. At least I had some kind of proof of the big bang.

Posted

I'll tell you my proof. I went through some dark times a while back, and God saved me from doing something I wouldn't have been able to regret.

My friend was turning all of my other friends against me. He started terrible rumors about me, and told lies about me to the girl I liked. He told one of the teachers that I was going to do things I never would have dreamed of doing. He insulted me and pushed me over the edge. Then, the one friend I had left told me something that will stay with me always. He said, "Man, you seem to be upset. Don't let John get to you, though. Remember, Jesus loves you." My grades had been falling, and I had been ready to just give up. I was, in a sense, ready to quit this temporary state that we call life.

What my friend said nagge at the back of my mind for many days. I got home one night and just lost it. I was crying and laying on my bed, and then I prayed. I had never really prayed before, but this prayer was unlike anything I'd ever heard in church. My prayer was a prayer for life and love, forgiveness and salvation. I knew that what John was saying about me didn't matter, but I was making it true. I cared too much about the things of the world and not enough about what really mattered. I had been growing more and more angry and bitter and hateful every day. John had turned me into a loner. I pushed everybody away and wouldn't let them close to me. I was taking out my frustrations on those close to me, and I needed to stop.

I prayed for well over an hour. I heard someone behind me say, "God will always love you. Remember that." I looked around and saw nobody. My parents were asleep and there was nobody else. Soon after that I started changing. I read the Bible and started living by it. I slowly stopped wanting to do things that were wrong and started wanting to tell people about God. I don't know if I heard my father, a voice in my head, an angel, or God that night, but I know that it's words were true, and they saved my life.

I've never told my story before, not even to my family or friends. Nobody knows how far I was ready to go but you guys. I hope my story helps you understand why I put my faith in God, and why I know he loves all of us.

Thanks for listening.

Posted

I'll tell you my proof. I went through some dark times a while back, and God saved me from doing something I wouldn't have been able to regret.

My friend was turning all of my other friends against me. He started terrible rumors about me, and told lies about me to the girl I liked. He told one of the teachers that I was going to do things I never would have dreamed of doing. He insulted me and pushed me over the edge. Then, the one friend I had left told me something that will stay with me always. He said, "Man, you seem to be upset. Don't let John get to you, though. Remember, Jesus loves you." My grades had been falling, and I had been ready to just give up. I was, in a sense, ready to quit this temporary state that we call life.

What my friend said nagge at the back of my mind for many days. I got home one night and just lost it. I was crying and laying on my bed, and then I prayed. I had never really prayed before, but this prayer was unlike anything I'd ever heard in church. My prayer was a prayer for life and love, forgiveness and salvation. I knew that what John was saying about me didn't matter, but I was making it true. I cared too much about the things of the world and not enough about what really mattered. I had been growing more and more angry and bitter and hateful every day. John had turned me into a loner. I pushed everybody away and wouldn't let them close to me. I was taking out my frustrations on those close to me, and I needed to stop.

I prayed for well over an hour. I heard someone behind me say, "God will always love you. Remember that." I looked around and saw nobody. My parents were asleep and there was nobody else. Soon after that I started changing. I read the Bible and started living by it. I slowly stopped wanting to do things that were wrong and started wanting to tell people about God. I don't know if I heard my father, a voice in my head, an angel, or God that night, but I know that it's words were true, and they saved my life.

I've never told my story before, not even to my family or friends. Nobody knows how far I was ready to go but you guys. I hope my story helps you understand why I put my faith in God, and why I know he loves all of us.

Thanks for listening.

That's my problem. Everyone at my school hates me, tells lies, does everything to make my life bad. I snaped in band, and if I said Paddymac will go insane because he thinks I have a high ego just because I told the story of how I tried to kill myself, and that info was helpful. I only told it in two topics to help this is the thrid. Anyway I tried to kill myself because I knew that when I die I will just rot in the ground, and never see them again, but I was stoped. The point of this story is that I don't belive in God because of the people at school. They say things like "God, and Jesus love you," and "God controlls your destiny," and everyone's born with a purpose." If that's ture, then what am I everyone's personal punching bag? That's why I don't belive in god. He doesn't love anyone. I belived when I was 3 because I went to church for about a week, and got kicked out. So I've never really belived in god... Ever.

Posted

Man, I will not judge you. You cannot allow others to make you do things. The friend that told me that Jesus loves me was one of my closest friends, and he still is. I seriously wish that you would open your mind. God can help you, and he will if you ask him to. Don't let those people get to you. You make your own choices. I know this may be hard to do, but if they hurt you just turn the other cheek. Maintain a pleasant and friendly personality and attitude towards others and they will start respecting you. Make good choices and they will look up to you. It may be hard to do, but it will help you be happy and when you are happy, you can be more open minded.

Posted

Man, I will not judge you. You cannot allow others to make you do things. The friend that told me that Jesus loves me was one of my closest friends, and he still is. I seriously wish that you would open your mind. God can help you, and he will if you ask him to. Don't let those people get to you. You make your own choices. I know this may be hard to do, but if they hurt you just turn the other cheek. Maintain a pleasant and friendly personality and attitude towards others and they will start respecting you. Make good choices and they will look up to you. It may be hard to do, but it will help you be happy and when you are happy, you can be more open minded.

I can't make my own choices, and they don't allow open mindedness. If I do anything to make them angery, they said i'll pay, or they'll inerduce me to there fists. I've met them, and they made me bleed. If they hate me I know that god hates me for he makes them do it. Well they that. So as long as I don't belive in god I won't get hit... As hard.

Posted (edited)

No. I don't care what people say. Science states that the earth was created by the big bang thery. I don't know how to exlplain it, but I will look on google for a page about it. For the record I guess i'm Athiest. Yay Athiestisim.

EDIT: Found it. The Big Bang Theory.

i agree with YLA

to me it is all good an dandy some peopel need that stuff to believe that there is something else out there that is going to look after them, but i mean really to me, i look after myself i know that no one is going to help me in anyway.People say god will never give you anything that you can't handle...i think he just likes to see people suffer in reality. For me i cannot believe in Him because of the simple fact that i have lost way to many people close to me, i was forced to go to chruch because i might kill myself when i was there, i just looked at the paster not meaning that to say it out aloud and just swore at him and left. i was going to toture myself my going to a place i dont want to be. if you believe in Him then fine do what you want i dont care just dont push it on me.

PS i ramble sorry!

Edited by Rebecca Martian (see edit history)

Posted

Quickie Notes:

No. I don't care what people say. Science states that the earth was created by the big bang thery. I don't know how to exlplain it, but I will look on google for a page about it. For the record I guess i'm Athiest. Yay Athiestisim.

EDIT: Found it. The Big Bang Theory.

For the record, it's spelled "atheism," (All the "theist" words are derived from the Greek word "theo," which means "God") and it's not capitalized. It's like calling me a monotheist; no capitalization. =O

At least I had some kind of proof of the big bang.

You do? Ouickly, show it to some scientists or something! A theory is something that's supported by science- since there's apparently no definitive proof against the Big Bang, science can allow it. But notice that it's called a theory. If it was an absolute truth, it would be called the Big Bang Law.

They say things like "God, and Jesus love you," and "God controlls your destiny," and everyone's born with a purpose." If that's ture, then what am I everyone's personal punching bag? That's why I don't belive in god. He doesn't love anyone. I belived when I was 3 because I went to church for about a week, and got kicked out. So I've never really belived in god... Ever.

Most saints were the personal punching bags of everyone, even their own peoples. They made due with it and stood firm, though, and now they're revered as ooberholy people. Heck, Peter was happy that he was considered worthy to suffer for Christianity, alskjaisjfas.

Also, God doesn't control your destiny; you do, seeing as you were empowered with free will. You can do whatever you want. Is it the right thing? Maybe not- but it's up to you, either way.

Posted

Also, God doesn't control your destiny; you do, seeing as you were empowered with free will.

This reminds me of Tabris. :o

Anyways, I don't follow any particular religion.

I believe that there is or was a God/Gods, and that if the God/Gods existed today that he/she/it/they (I'm leaning towards she) doesn't particularly care about any particular mass or person, and that he/she/it/they watches us almost like a soap opera. I also believe, as evidenced by anyone who has ever played the Sims, that this God/Goddess occasionally purposely inflicts pain on certain people, just to get a cheap laugh or two. Fortune may smile upon certain people, but only because they tried hard and worked their way to a comfortable position. Not because they prayed. If someone got lucky, then it wasn't because an all powerful being decided that you should find a nickel on the ground today, it was because some other person got unlucky and dropped their change on the ground, which prevented them from getting their 75 cent candy bar, which made them annoyed, and in turn, made God happy.

I'm not saying an omnipotent being is the source of all annoyance, I'm just saying that if there is one, and I believe there may be one, then that being wouldn't particularly care one way or another, and might just loft around in space looking for other planets or things to entertain itself with.

Also, not saying I agree,

But good points:

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

Ironically, my username is based off an Angel in Christianity. (I think, Christianity.)

Sahaqiel

Posted

Thanks for listening.

I don't agree with your beliefs, but it was a touching story. I hope you're going to live a happy life.

Posted

Y. Link Addict should take the title of "The Mis-Guided Anti-Christ".

Posted

I could say a million things about your story, shadowknight, but as to whether or not people love you...

is totally up to you.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Goron Lord, please don't. Please replace your intolerance with patience, your contempt with love. Please don't call names. It doesn't help. Young Link Addict, I hope that you will someday open your mind a little and read the bible, even if it is just to see what you're up against. Eyeoftruth, thank you for your well wishes. I wish you all luck with the rest of your lives.

Sahaqiel, you can't make someone love you. It doesn't work that way, unfortunately. I do the things that the Bible teaches, I try not to judge others, and I show brotherly love and care to everyone I meet. I try as hard as I can not to insult people, but I still have people that hate me. They hate me because I love God, because I refuse to conform to the low standards that exist in todays society, and because I'm a "goody freakin' two shoes". The thing is, I have friends too. Quite a few, actually. I'm way happier than I used to be. My point is, you can't decide who loves you.

Posted

Love and be loved.

Forgive and be forgiven.

Sound familiar?

I follow this and I have quite a few friends myself.

You do not have to accept God to be loved by other people, or to have a purpose.

Your life is in your hands, nobody else's.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Y. Link Addict should take the title of "The Mis-Guided Anti-Christ".

There's a problem in your statement. If I don't belive in christ, then how can I be the anti of something I don't belive in?

Posted

You could be against the idea of Christ, which would make you an Anti-Christ.

I personally think religion is unhealthy, though.

Well, most.

They discriminate an awful lot for being advertised as being something that is all-accepting and forgiving.

I follow morals that are a lot like ones in religion.

I just take out all the crap about other people being sinners to be burned in hell for all eternity if they don't accept God within x amounts of events in your life.

Sahaqiel