The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Oh yeah, I think Oliver's dead by the way. Captain Tarrius killed him. :D

Sanshi sped from the room. Everything's wrong. "Esme, we can't wait for him to respond any longer. Just carry him. I don't have a good feeling about all of this." Reno said hastily. "Karnil, Kaero. Come on." Reno said, patting the side of his leg and turning for the door, continuing onwards in a sprint. As he reached the doorway, he glanced back. Rachal and Esme were both following, the unresponsive Epsil lay in Esm's arms. Reno felt compelled to stay. Rachal and Esme ran past him. Reno stared at Princess Zelda who simply stood with her sword held lightly at her side. At that moment, he heard cries from within the castle and a black and red portal formed in the centre of the room and from it two great beasts and Zant came forth. Zant saw Reno, but just as he did so, Reno ran from the room.

Emerging from the castle into the town, he saw Esme and Rachal, Epsil was still unresponsive. "Come on! We have to get out of here, Zan't arrived." Reno said, a little panicky. He could have sworn though that he's seen a slight smile grow in the corner of Esme's mouth. She even seemed reluctant to leave. As Reno ran up to them both, portal appeared in the sky and barriers dropped down in various areas of the town square.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Perfect! The Twilight barrier's had surrounded the group and Rachal watched as silmutaniusly Twilight Beast's fell from the sky. She backed up slowly and hoped that she could remember in time. Think teleporting won't work... One of the beasts grabbed onto Rachal and lifted her up to eye level then a strange mixture of light and dark green surrounded her and the beast dropped her. She got right back up and examined the strange magic of courage and forest. With her new found powers Rachal started to fight.

Posted

Rachal fell to the ground, dropped by one of the beasts. Reno dodged one of their attacks and leapt on it's back. As it struggled, Kaero immediately lunged at it's neck, it let out a shrill scream and fell to the ground, "Esme! Help us out here!" Reno yelled to her over the screaming and chaos all around them. Esme shook her head and backed away again. She seemed reluctant to fight them at all.

"I- I have to look after Epsil." Esme stuttered. Reno sighed and turned around to see the beast risen again. He didn't stop to be astonished, he simply lunged at it again, this time casting a spell, making his hand red hot. Touching the dark skin of the beast, it screamed out again, thrashing about, trying to throw Reno off. There were three beasts in all surrounding them, one being dealt with by Rachal, one by the wolves and the last by himself. Reno struck again at the back of the beast's neck, it screamed out and collapsed as Rachal dealt one final blow to her target. As Reno fell, he rolled to his feet, casting one last spell at the final beast, taking it off guard, it stumbled a little, leaving time for Karnil to attack. The beast fell and the barriers lifted.

Posted

Esme clutched Epsil to herself, he was just a kid, wasn't he? This wasn't right. How could he hold so much power? She though following the group, lost in thought. She didn't notice anything around her, not even Zant...

"Esme! Help us out here!" Reno yelled to her over the screaming and chaos all around them. Esme shook her head and backed away again. She seemed reluctant to fight them at all.

"I- I have to look after Epsil." She stuttered and her purple eyes went face to face, then rested on Zant's.

The King of Twilight... Her sad eyes darted from the Twilight King, to the shadow beast, to the ones battleing them. Why was she standing on this side? She'd be label with them. Esme gulped, her brows furrowed. The barriers lifted, and Esme say her chance. "W-Wait! Guys! Stop for a second!" Almost casually, and with a light smirk, the sorceress step forth, the nwalked to Rachal. "Hold him, please?" Her eyes begged her, and Rachal carefully took the skull child in her arms. Esme then turned her attention to Zant, and began to walk towards him. It seem her bubbly, if not manic-self had returned. "Ee-hheee-heea..." She stopped, roughtly five feet in front of the false King her hands both reached up, and gently touched her collar bone.

Posted

[it's Dargon, not Dragon. Sorry if my new theme threw you off.

Also, Tarrius needs to post...]

Posted

[it's Dargon, not Dragon. Sorry if my new theme threw you off.

Also, Tarrius needs to post...]

oh, I'll fix that.

Posted

Reno watched Esme walk away, almost unbelieving. No... The one person I thought that was on our side and would really help. Reno gritted his teeth. Esme seemed to float away gracefully, laying her hands on Zant. She turned to face them. She seemed almost... Happy. As if that was where she wanted to be. It wasn't something more than happiness. It was something else all together. Something Reno had never seen before. But he didn't like it. The once strong group had disintegrated so quickly. Rachal and Sanshi were okay, but Epsil was unable to help. The group was growing weaker although it hadn't changed since earlier that day. "ESME!" Reno yelled. She turned around, a ghostly smile spread across her face. It sickened Reno to see the heroes turn to evil. First Tor, now Esme. I wouldn't be surprised if Epsil attacked us upon awakening.

Reno waited for her reply.

Posted

Sanshi practically flew out of the enormous double-doors of Hyrule Castle. The voice was driving her on. As was the terrible, clutching feeling she had in her gut. Something had changed. Hyrule, she felt, was being further and further plunged into a darkness from which it may never recover.

Looking to the sky, her fears were confirmed. castle Town was under Twilight. She could no longer see the townspeople; only floating orbs of light where their bodies had once stood. She couldn't hear anything, smell anything, nor feel any wind.

Come, Sanshi.....the voice beckoned her. Come away from them. Sanshi knew that "them" meant Reno and the others back in the Castle, but her mind was slowly becoming numb. Her limbs seemed to be acting on their own accord. She couldn't tell where this new voice was coming from, and she was beginning to not care. She headed for the gate to the east, where beyond lay the Bridge of Eldin. The voice was calling her.

Posted (edited)

[ Don't worry! Esme isn't evil. But she's not fond of choosing sides either!

and she touched her own collar bone D; not Zant's, sorry if I didn't make that clear! I don't think Zant would let her touch him, lol! and poor Reno! He keeps getting smack pretty much D: ]

Esme tilted her head a bit, simply standing infront of the Usurper King. But, her smile didn't faded when Reno yelled her name. She looked over her shoulder, tossing her hair gently as she did then faced him.

"I-I..." She was lost for words. She just kind of looked at Reno, the King standing a few feet behind her still, silent. She took a step forward, then looked back at Zantr over her shoulder.

Torn.

Edited by EsmePoe (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

[OMG FINALLY GOT INTERNET AT NEW HOUSE!

Awwwh Esme's been taking care of Epsil anyway 8D Thank youu ^_^]

No..? Majora asked incrediously.. NO?..

But Epsil forced himself shakily to his feet.. He felt a presence outside of himself.. The heros auras were flickering.. They did need him.. at least now.. he had to help..

Pitiful child, how do you plan on fighting when it is MY power..?

Epsil felt the waves of his madness wash over him and he staggered, but spoke softly again.. yet his voice was filled with courage "Your power has dominated enough people.. You've broken enough spirits and torn enough souls.. I will not serve you.."

You deny me boy?.. I am inside you, I am your blood, your strength, your power, your all.. The power which rushes through your veins is mine and mine alone..

"And I have paid for it.." a tear trickled down his face as he clenched his fist.. the symbol shone out just a bit brighter on the back of his hand..

"And I choose to continue to pay for it.. But I am in control.."

No child, you are MINE. And you will kneel. You will fall and you will serve.

"No.." his voice resonated through the caverns of his mind..

"No."

And then he opened his eyes..

[sorry I made you guys wait =(]

Edited by Skull_Kid (see edit history)

Posted

Reno saw Esme look over her shoulder. She simply stared. Reno was silent as he stared. He opened his mouth to speak but wasn't sure what to say. He heard nothing but Epsil making noises in his sleep. Reno shook his head. The town was cold. Empty. Silent. The wind ceased to be and small orbs that were at one point people mingled with the rising particles of twilight. Esme stood between him and Zant, simply staring it him before looking back to Zant.

Posted (edited)

[Yay for interwebz! o:

and of course Esme would take care of him! She's got a soft spot for kids.]

"Teto... no, Reno..." Esme paused, taking another step towards him. "I... I need-" She stopped, closing her eyes. Trying to stop the flow of tears with her eyelids. They leaked threw. Twilight had been the best thing that had happened to her when it blanketed parts of Hyrule. It beauty calmed her raging soul, it power was easily manipulated by her own magic. She felt stronger with it. And the King of it, Zant. Surely he, whom ruled it, had to be just as majestic?

He doesn't talk much though... Esme tiled her head up a bit, just staring off, thinking as tears gently streaked down her face.. But, if she pleaded her loyalty to Zant, what of the Skull child? She couldn't leave him.. She lowered her eyes, then her head. She smiled at Reno, then, for a second time looked over her shoulder at Zant. "Another day, then..." And continued walking towards the group, and to Epsil. Standing next to Rachal, she took him back, though Rachal was relunctant to hand over the lad. Esme craddled him in her arms, and then...

His eyes opened...

Edited by EsmePoe (see edit history)

Posted

Zant stood away from the group in silence. Reno smiled and waved his hand, "Hello" he said, happily. Zant spun around and did the Highland fling before staying still and silent again. Reno turned back to the group as Epsil opened his eyes.

Posted

Epsil stared.. they were all looking at him.. and for the first time in his life their eyes held no fear, some carried signs of suspicion.. but all.. all of them cared..

He felt a startling warmth spread through his body and he felt.. stronger.. He was not more powerful.. The power was still Majoras and using it would still invite the evil god to control him.. But he felt his aura glow just a bit brighter..

And then he smiled.. It wasn't an insane.. broken smile.. it was just a smile..

Am I.. happy..?

[Aww, you made Epsil happyyyy - lame moment 8D]

[OOC: No idea what to do with Zant.. it'd be kinda stupid if I just went crazy on him again.. isn't Dargon around to fight him?]

Posted (edited)

Bic: Reno sighed a sigh of relief as he saw Epsil smile for the first time. Reno couldn't help but grin a little. "Come on. Before Zant decides to attack. We have to get away from here." Reno said hastily, hurrying them away and east gate to try to catch Sanshi.

Ooc: I am teh dragon man to rival teh Taco. :)

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)