Forming a more perfect timeline theory

223 posts in this topic

Posted

Sand on a beach can be washed away, but it will always return.

Also, you said the same thing about the book itself. :| It's one or the other, and seriously, you can't prove its insignificance.

And the wars could be the same, but it's not been proven... evidence hasn't been provided a lot, etc.

Sorry for the shortpost, but I have little time.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Sand on a beach can be washed away, but it will always return.

sand on a beach is not a kingdom, unless you count Whoville.

Also, you said the same thing about the book itself. :| It's one or the other, and seriously, you can't prove its insignificance.

and you can't prove its significance. I'll save you a post and expand on this now. Does New Hylian ever occur in the story (like WW's ancient characters' speech) or just as graphical extras? If it doesn't appear in the story, then I think you know where I'm going with this. Plus, if Valoo, Jabun, GDT and the like are ancient characters (especially the GDT dating back to OoT) then why are they the only ones who know "New" Hylian? Is "New" Hylian actually a new language with origins after OoT, or is it just a dead language, like Latin, throughout the series?

And the wars could be the same, but it's not been proven... evidence hasn't been provided a lot, etc.

yeah.

Sorry for the shortpost, but I have little time.

Sahaqiel

No problem.

Edited by Slagr (see edit history)

Posted

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY YET. This post is under construction, and should be disregarded until I'm completed. Please take this time to gather your own counter arguments.

The language of Old Hylian could easily be a lost dialect. The language evolved with the written word, therefore the dialect was unfamiliar with Modern Hylian speakers despite the fact the text was displayed as Modern Hylian. They're the same syllabary either way. "Ka" in Old Hylian is the same as "Ka" in Modern Hylian, etc.

The fact that it's written everywhere in Wind Waker is enough to prove the use of Old Hylian is dead in Wind Waker, therefore any placement of the language would be evidence of modern placement.

Capcom obviously had to go to Nintendo to get the text for Modern Hylian. You think Nintendo would be like, "Hey, since you're setting it earlier than Ocarina of Time, we'll give you the Old Hylian pack instead of the Modern one, to avoid confusion, since that's what we did with Twilight Princess to give people evidence that the text used in Ocarina of Time is long gone."

Even if they didn't care as much, this would be something pretty important to miss.

And if they didn't care, I don't believe they'd put the text in Twilight Princess.

Posted

Very nice tactic, Sahaqiel. I think you've scared him off for now.

*People in the Resurrection RP, don't read*

Anyway, how soon would you estimate the flood comes after Twilight Princess? You said that was when it was anyway. I'm asking because I want to base the RP on your timeline, so, since the RP is 200 years after Twilight Princess, I was wondering if ending it by drowning their asses would fit in with your theories?

Posted (edited)

Actually Rain, I wanted to give Saha time to finish his post without sounding impatient. Thanks for being a jerk though.

Resurrection RP don't read maybe

As for your question, multiple developer quotes put TP and WW on separate sides of the split. WW follows OoT's adult ending and TP follows OoT's child ending (after MM).

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I was addressing Sahaqiel.

In fact, I'll give your theories a try. Bring me sources of evidence to back up your claim

Also, what do you think of Sahaqiel?

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Here's my line and explanation copy/pasted from ZU. I can expand if you wish; I didn't spend much time on the following.

__________WW/PH

tMC-(FS)-OoT

Posted

I don't have much to say. Since I haven't played every game, or even know anything about them I can only write about those I have played etc... Sorry for the mess... Well here it is:

- In TP there's the Hero's Spirit, I think it's OoT's Link. So TP is somewhere after OoT/MM.

- The Deku Tree in WW is the Deku Tree Sprout in OoT, and WW Deku Tree then becomes the Forest Temple in TP.

- In WW there's no Zoras but Laruto, a ZORA, is Medli's ancestor.

- The Kokiri evolved to the Korok, since Makar's ancestor is Fado, a KOKIRI.

- I think WW/PH is somewhere between OoT and TP then...

- In TMC the Four Sword is created from the Picori Blade, so TMC is before FS/FSA.

- LttP is probably last, because of the thing the Triforce said.

Well... I can

Posted

- The Deku Tree in WW is the Deku Tree Sprout in OoT, and WW Deku Tree then becomes the Forest Temple in TP.

That makes sense kind of. The Forest Temple has a pathway leading to it over a seemingly bottomless pit. In the Wind Waker, it was a large island surrounded by water, so the water dries up and they make a pathway. But the tree of Wind Waker is growing inside the tree, which throws into question how it got inside the tree after it died as it sprouted outside the Deku Tree. But maybe we're not meant to look into it that much.

Sort of like the whole timeline altogether.

Posted (edited)

- In TP there's the Hero's Spirit, I think it's OoT's Link. So TP is somewhere after OoT/MM.

yes. The Hero's shade is not confirmed, but it's pretty much accepted. TP is post OoT/MM.

WW's tree is OoTs, but TP's temple is not WW's tree. It may be OoT's though.

- In WW there's no Zoras but Laruto, a ZORA, is Medli's ancestor.

Zora->Rito evolution is a common argument, and possible unless you put OoA after WW.

- The Kokiri evolved to the Korok, since Makar's ancestor is Fado, a KOKIRI.

yes.

nope, they're unconnected.

- In TMC the Four Sword is created from the Picori Blade, so TMC is before FS/FSA.

yes, but the Picori Blade in tMC is the Four Sword already. The name changed over time.

- LttP is probably last, because of the thing the Triforce said.

what did the TF say? There's nothing definitive that puts LttP last, and it's actually very unlikely.

Ok, I thought it was fairly well known that TP and WW were on opposite endings of OoT... considering developer quotes and all... so here's a (poor, freetranstlation.com) translation from Aonouma (the head of the Zelda dev team these days):

When be the era of ─ 'the twilight princess' the setting of when?

《主語なし》It is the world after 100 several years from Aonuma 'the ocarina of when'.

─ 'wind of baton' and wa..? the that

Aonuma 'the baton of the wind' is a parallel. 《主語なし》When the link flies in the world of 7 years later with 'the ocarina of when' and ガノン is blown down be nonexistent it じゃ that returns in a/the child era? 'The twilight princess' is the world after 100 several years from the child era when became peaceful. ね that the link and ゼルダ princess that become a child with, the last scene of 'the ocarina of when' and have returned do a/the conversation. It is the story in this time to be dragging that faces in the direction where the relation of 3 person that added ガノン by the result of the conversation, differs a little bit. ね that the scene that ガノン is executed in the middle phase of a/the made, now appear. 《主語なし》If it is him ほ it does that is terrible at the later time and be why I have come to execute it, with that is dregs ヤツ what with. Therefore, that scene is the conversation of several years later from 'the ocarina of when'. 《主語なし》To, be sent in the world where there is ガノン that I was executed with it, and get the power this time..

it's certainly not a good translation, but it does show that WW and TP have no connection other than OoT as their BS. Basically, at the end of OoT, Zelda sends (then adult) Link back to the time before he started OoT's events. In the adult line, the one he was transported from, the hero no longer exists, so the goddesses from the world (WW). In the time where Link is transported to, Ganon has not yet taken over, so Link and Zelda are able to catch him before he conquers Hyrule, hence the sealing scene in TP. OoT is the source of the split, a commonly accepted (and confirmed!) feature of the timeline.

this is the ABSOLUTELY CONFIRMED timeline:

_____WW/PH

...-OoT

Posted

The funny thing is, even with less evidence, I find myself believing Solianna more easily.

Any comments on the idea I gave?

Posted

The funny thing is, even with less evidence, I find myself believing Solianna more easily.

:huh: that makes absolutely no sense. Are you telling me that some random person on a forum knows more about the timeline than the guy who made the official timeline?

Any comments on the idea I gave?

if you mean your comment about the tree, it's completely wrong. sorry, but what the developers say is fact, regardless of conflicting coincidences.

That being said, the trees look similar because they are the same place, just not in the same reality.

Posted (edited)

Indeed. It just throws into question how that area of the forest is a canyon. But I guess if it was due to the sea, the rest of the forest would be levelled down to. I still believe in one timeline. I think that if things are set right, like the Triforce of Courage being reclaimed, two realities can meet again.

Edited by Rain (see edit history)

Posted

Indeed. It just throws into question how that area of the forest is a canyon. But I guess if it was due to the sea, the rest of the forest would be levelled down too

OoT's forest is just a part of TP's. Trees grow and spread, you know. The GDT/Forest Temple area always was a canyon as far as we can tell. Ever look behind the OoT GDT?

. I still believe in one timeline. I think that if things are set right, like the Triforce of Courage being reclaimed, two realities can meet again.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted. if you're honestly going to tell me that you reject the OFFICIAL TIMELINE, then why am I even bothering to talk to you? The point of theorizing is to try to figure out the official timeline based on game evidence (not coincidences or easter eggs) and developer confirmation. By rejecting fact you're doing it EXTREMELY wrong.

A merge, however, is "possible," but there's no reason to need one, or any probable reason for it to happen. The timeline is split. You're going to have to deal with it.

Posted

OoT's forest is just a part of TP's. Trees grow and spread, you know. The GDT/Forest Temple area always was a canyon as far as we can tell. Ever look behind the OoT GDT?

Good point. I never really put as much thought into it as you seem to have done. I'm just starting this today.

I'm absolutely flabbergasted. if you're honestly going to tell me that you reject the OFFICIAL TIMELINE, then why am I even bothering to talk to you? The point of theorizing is to try to figure out the official timeline based on game evidence (not coincidences or easter eggs) and developer confirmation. By rejecting fact you're doing it EXTREMELY wrong.

A merge, however, is "possible," but there's no reason to need one, or any probable reason for it to happen. The timeline is split. You're going to have to deal with it.

Cool down, I never strictly said I denied the timeline. I just think it splits with Ocarina of Time and merges again in the distant future. You're going to have to deal with it.