I am so happy right now!

381 posts in this topic

Posted

wow has nobody really had a reason to rave since october? TIME TO CHANGE THAT

I'm quite pleased to be spending Valentine's Day dealing with this crappy illness, curled up in my bed eating cake n' candies whilst browsing the internet and catching up on all my shows. Hell yeahhh for the single life :>

Posted

You know if you changed that :> to >: then you could have posted that in the rant thread as it was, and it wouldn't look out of place.

Posted

yeah man, always look on the bright side of life. :>

Posted

Let's see, happy things. Well, yesterday was pretty awesome. I see that my previous dating-related post is, like, just a few posts back, so I guess I should clarify that I'm talking about someone different here. Things actually didn't really continue after that post, which is interesting because at the time it really did seem like they would. However, it's all for the best, as I'm now seeing this girl that has a much more compatible personality with mine, and it's awesome. So, yes. We did things yesterday, not because it was Valentine's Day, but rather because it was the only day this week that we were free. 

Outside of dating stuff, I'm actually having a really fantastic school year. I mean, my grades aren't bad, but mostly I'm referring to all of the life experience I'm getting. I have a job that is pretty alright, I'm in about a hundred leadership positions at the student ministry I'm a part of, my preparation for seminary is going well, and it looks like I'm going to graduate a year early because I'm so far ahead in my degree plan. Once I do, however, I've been offered an internship at a local church, so I won't have to leave all my friends behind so soon! Plus, that will give me time to get my name out there with the conference (I'm a Methodist, so being known in the conference is important for pre-seminarians) and basically build my resume so that by the time I actually apply for seminaries, I'll have a lot of good things to show them.

Basically, life is happening. It's crazy.

Posted

As of yesterday, I know the basics of Fencing. The studio that a friend of mine is in was hosting an open night, so he and his parents decided to take me along. I was sore about five minutes in, but it was well worth it, once I actually got the mask and the foil. I lost 3-5 to him, and won 5-2 to his sister.

Also I had to move to a different school last year, so I got to see him again.

So yeah, I'm pretty happy. :>

Posted

Welded two pieces of steel together today.

No stick. No Oxy-Acetylene. No wire.

And one was high-carbon and one was mild steel and the high carbon piece didn't crack.

Quality craftsmanship.

I also found a job that I start tomorrow.

Posted

So how did you weld them together, lol. I can't think of many other methods than stick/oxy/wire.

Posted

I put them in a fire, got them very hot, and hit them with a hammer.

Posted

YEAH WELL I FRICTION WELDED MY LAST DATE

Put her in a machine, rotated her extremely fast, and then fused her to a pipe.

aw yeah B)

Teto likes this

Posted

sounds like MY last date

Posted

you can't be me cascade

Posted

I saw that about a week back and i loved it a whole lot.