Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young Link Addict.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh, my gods! I accidently read over one word. We are going to die!!

Yeah, I'm saying this to finally get this off my chest. "No one is perfect and he never claimed to be. So before you start pointing fingers, make sure your own hands are clean". Come on people, when have you all not been a bit biased every now and then? You could say I'm biased to rap just because I refuse to listen to it. I have my reasons though. It's ear rape to me like the cel-shading is eye rape to YLA. I gave the music it a chance, I can't stand it, so I refuse to listen to it. Am I biased? Huh, well am I? No I don't think I ma because I gave it a shot, just like him. If you do think I'm biased, you can go cut yourself in a corner because I DON'T GIVE A SH*T.And I'm not gonna change. YLA is the exact same way. So if you think you're perfect, you're f*cked up.

Posted

Can this topic get locked before we decide we hate everyone else on the site and it collapses in a dust heap?

Posted

I gave the music it a chance, I can't stand it, so I refuse to listen to it.

See, he never gave it a chance. He told us this. You aren't paying attention.

Also, saying that YLA is like you is a bigger insult then I could ever imagine.

Posted

I miss the kid I knew, YLA. Even if he had some "spelling impairment", he was more logical and thoughtful than you've become.

I miss the old sahaquiel (deliberately misspelled) who always used to make those charming zelda theories.

And would always bicker on about how something was here and there in the timeline and how something wasn't there.

Who didn't every have to rant incessantly about one member. (I don't care who's fault it is in this. it needs to stop.)

I miss you, sahaqiel.

No. I don't rate topics. It's a waste of time.

Of course you didn't...

Because I did.

Locked for the pure sake this nonsense has gone on long enough. (And I think I'm the judge of that :/)

Posted

I miss the old sahaquiel (deliberately misspelled) who always used to make those charming zelda theories.

And would always bicker on about how something was here and there in the timeline and how something wasn't there.

Who didn't every have to rant incessantly about one member. (I don't care who's fault it is in this. it needs to stop.)

I don't rant incessantly? I debate (rather, talked to him only to legitimately feel like I was talking to a brick wall) with him in short bursts every once in awhile, and after a few years of this happening, I brought my opinions on YLA's attitude into a thread in which I am trying to tell him that biases are one thing, but outright just assuming things about things and openly admitting you've never even tried them out is one of the most moronic things I've heard about his persona in general. You're getting upset with me because I called YLA out on some valid points, but won't scold him for just generating a hotpot of hate and BS assumptions on things he's never even experienced?

I hate your mother, Chef Nonsense. She is just the most worthless thing ever.

Why? Because she is your mother. Have I met her? No. She's probably a very nice person.

But I hate her and she is a terrible example of a human being.

How does that feel, Chef Nonsense?

You're not the judge of this. You were never involved in it. You haven't paid enough attention to the forum to decide when something like this needs ending. I've been trying to end this for awhile, and if someone doesn't succeed, it's just going to keep on going.

Mila, Young Link Addict gave Wind Waker a shot. But his entire hate process stems from how people referred to Toon Link as Young Link, and because he doesn't know how to stand up for himself. He initially didn't even have a problem with Wind Waker. This is where it started, and I remember this clearly. After we pried a bit more into this, saying that he shouldn't hate the game just because people confuse MM Link with WW Link, he started saying that the sailing was boring and stuff. We pried more into this, so he started saying that he gets headaches when he plays too long because of the bright colors. Then the reason became that his friends picked on him and called him gay for liking a cel shaded game. This wasn't something he created himself when he played through it the first time. This was an evolving process that eventually lead to where we are today. Now, YLA hates everything about Toon Link, thinks Wind Waker is a terrible game, refuses to play games he previously enjoyed, and has openly just outright... I can't even think of a verb for this. He's gone beyond just being biased. Now he's just making things up. Point is, this whole thing is because of one reason, and I had to think about it for awhile, but I'm satisfied with it.

I believe YLA fears being wrong about this. This happened with the bias fiasco, where he refused to believe he was biased, even though he didn't even know what it meant. To him, being wrong or being insulted are two things he doesn't want on his back. So he denied anything that implied he had anything to insult or be wrong about. Yeah, he conceded in that he says we've come up with many more valid points, but he had to search for reasons that he hated Wind Waker, and in fact, I think some were completely fabricated. Not as in, a straight lie, but I think YLA forced himself to have headaches whenever he plays cel shaded games, because if he wasn't going to have headaches, he'd be wrong, and our points would actually be relevant to him. His headaches started out small in description, but now he makes them out to be towering migraines that could make you go unconscious or something. :/ At the time he said he was OK with Okami, his headaches, in description, were medium, and more frequently mentioned. So he was all good with it. Now that we've pried even further, his fear and hatred have grown deeper, because he's making it up himself, so he won't be wrong. He's forming false opinions to protect himself from being false, at least, to him. Whenever people talk about Wind Waker positively, if he doesn't talk about it negatively, it would be like conceding that Toon Link is better than Young Link to him, so he just bashed it whenever, making his terrible opinions even more pigheaded in resolve.

So I think this whole process of trying to get through to YLA is detrimental. Even so, I don't believe his hate is going to go away. It's going to stay like that if we leave it, or it's going to grow to tremendous sizes if we leave it alone. Which is why I'm trying to make YLA see that he's wrong, and close minded, and biased, and too stubborn, and stuff like that. If you're open minded enough to accept you're a close minded person, maybe that can change, but YLA's attitude is going to continue to make me (and others) angry until he stops being so disrespectful.

I don't remember telling YLA that Toon Link is better than Young Link or anything like that. All I've been trying to convince him to see this whole time is that he should actually try to come up with legitimate points, and certain types of entertainment in a category aren't all bad, and that he should actually try to form an opinion on his own, without misguidance from friends who don't sound like they know anything about what they're talking about, or biases, or his own tiny, closed off world. I am trying to get him to stand up for himself, and have told him time and time again the things that he can do to stand up for himself, but he doesn't have anything to stand up for. His belief system is a fabrication.

To be honest, I don't believe YLA knows anything about what he pretends to believe in. He just materializes things for his own convenience and ignores the truth if he's faced with it.

It would be admirable, if it were for a more benevolent and less hate driven way of thinking.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The judge thing was a joke because I am Chef Nonsense and I said this nonsense has to stop.

Just a little something light and easy instead of all this heavy talking and yelling about and debating as you put it.

And if I then may rephrase my previous statement:

In my OPINION, I believe this nonsense has gone too far. (Because this whole debate is on opinion and fact)

Posted

o_O Again ow my head.

As far as I read, I only have this to say. I'm not making this up. You can ask my friend. Well you could if he would join, but I don't want him to. You get the idea. He knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Posted

The size of your headaches escalated in severity.

It is a lie. I'm not saying you made up your headaches to get us to stop, I'm saying you made yourself get worse and worse headaches just so you'd have something to contribute to an argument.

It's like a placebo effect.

Posted

I'm pretty sure, nay, 100% sure my headaches have had the same horriblity.

Posted

First you said you got headaches after playing too long.

Now you say you have migraines just looking at it on the lowest brightness setting.

I see a shift here.

Posted

Sahaqiel... May I marry your intelligence? You are officially my favorite person here now. You walls of text are so much more then just walls of texts. I thought I had a good reason to disagree with YLA now, then I read that and I thought to myself "Maybe I shouldn't hate this child, maybe I should feel pity for him."

Just, wow. You should major in writing, if you aren't already planing to.

Posted

No that's the exact settings that gave me headaches in the first place.

Playing too long gives me headaches. Even if the brightness is on the lowest settings.

Posted

If lowering the brightness of your TV gives you headaches, then why do it?

You're still contradicting yourself.

Posted

Why don't you play the game on a black and white television?

Posted

No all I'm saying is that no matter what the brightness is on, it still gives me headaches.