Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Young Link Addict.

183 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, thet was well done, Saha. Too bad YLA wasn't capable of reading your longer post. I thought it was well thought out, and your analogies were fitting.

Posted

To not play a video game because of the art style is fine. I personally enjoyed Okami, but I'm not going to get bothered too much if you choose not to try it. When you start saying that the graphic style, which many people liked, was a bad thing, though, it tends to come off as you insulting other people's opinions. That's what makes people upset.

No OK see.

YLA isn't just saying he doesn't like the graphics.

He's saying the entire video game itself is bad because he doesn't like the graphics.

The whole game. All the plot. All the gameplay. The control scheme.

In the one quoted statement on the first page, he denied that Okami is a good game purely based on graphics.

Yes, you can form an opinion on graphics just by looking at them, but it is a dead set, undeniable, carved and decorated stone law of the universe that the only way you can actually find out if a game is enjoyable and good, or unenjoyable and bad, is if you actually play the game.

Not only that, but he's taken games he thinks are good, and completely abandoned them purely because he discovered that they were in an art style he thinks he doesn't like.

Like for serious? It's like, you have a dog, right? You love this dog a lot, and you would kill entire nations off personally with your bare hands to protect this dog, then one day you find out that it was a cleverly disguised chinchilla, so you just release it into the wild to get eaten by real dogs.

Also, yeah, YLA's reason for not watching Wizard of Oz is because of a complete lie he fabricated himself, combined with his stubborn ignorance and unwilling to even look up "Wizard of Oz scene" on YouTube.

Sahaqiel

Posted

You know, I'm gonna go the way of YLA. Cell shading is my favorite art style, especially in video game. However, I'm sitting here in real life, looking at the realistic world. What's up with that?

I hate reality. It sucks because it's in a shitty art style! Hugging my friends suck because they are real looking. Eating cake sucks because the cake looks real. Hell, sex itself sucks because it's realistic! This style has ruined reality and everything about it!

Thank you, YLA. Because of you, I shall rip my eyeballs from their sockets... Or maybe I'll stick a spork in my brain until I see the world in bright colors. What do you guys prefer?

Posted

I'll stop now. Sorry YLA. I just love TL< and I want everyone around me to also. :cry:

Posted

YLA in the wizard of Oz there is a scene that you see a man whom hung himself in the background

YLA I am not a big fan of cell shading either but I love how Okami incorporates it plus as long as there is a good storyline I don't care about graphics

YLA I get major migrains playing cell shaded but I didn't mind (though sometime it made me puke)

YLA I told you MC Link is toon Link

YLA I would never play a first person shooter but I have my reasons (I get really skittish and end up wasting bullets, I suck at them, ect.) but I don't bash them in fact I study them so I never get behind on new gaming trends and so I won't miss out on a good storyline (I'll trick my dad into playing them so I can watch)

YLA try to just go with the flow of thing and think of cell shading as japanise brush work that moves like water (Hmmm..what would a cell shaded Zora look)

YLA cell shadings are usauly use on games with a sense of comedy just to inform you

Posted

Actually, I told him Minish Cap Link is Toon Link.

A loooong time ago.

Also, the man hanging is a myth.

Okami pretty much was a Japanese brushwork, also. The whole thing. Which is why cel shading works so well with it.

Also, who rated this thread a 1? lol

Sahaqiel

Posted

YLA, probably.

Posted

Saha I was planting the seed of enulfing corousity in him so he will watch (or go crazy whatever works)

saying it was a myth depletes the corousity ratio

Posted

Well, someone already mentioned it earlier in the thread, or maybe it was in talk. And it was already decided to be a myth, then.

Oh shit, nvm:

"This is that scene that was rumoured about so much in past years, where a munchkin supposedly hung himself during the making of the Wizard of Oz and they didn't notice it as they produced the film and sold the final release to everyone. You will see something swing from a tree as the scarecrow trips.

Watch for your self. The controversy is yours to decide."

So, thats what that is then.

Totally not a myth.

I like how almost everyone here kept claiming it was a myth without backing our shit up, with something so easy as youtube.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Posted

Hey, I was the FIRST one here to claim it was true!

Posted

I actually have seen those videos and ones "proving" it false. Really, you can't tell. It looks like a flamingo too.

Posted

Don't listen to the girl, it looks like a bird to me.

Posted

Most definitely a bird.

Posted

Why was the guy from Halfway House in your video, Min???

Also, maybe, JUST MAYBE, this'll convince YLA that the movie is in color.

Posted

I HAVE NO IDEA :0