Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Gamecube isnt on the top of my list solely because it has an awesome controller. I love it because it came during an era when graphics started to become great. (lets face it, N64 just doesnt hold up- while GC, PS2, and Xbox is still passable and good for the most part) but GC had such puppying amazing games! They were so experimental and weird, they were everything a game collection should be! We have classics like Super Mario Sunshine and Windwaker- but also weird as puppy games like Chibi Robo and Pikmin! It was truly a good time to game.

You know, i really wish there was an MMO that was quirky and weird. Almost every major MMO out there is either High Fantasy, some kind of FPS, or Anime out the butt. I'd like a really surreal MMO, with crazy races and classes. Something you could play with your kid siblings but also have a deep complexity that an MMO should have. *dreaming*

Posted

I want to get into rpg's, I really do, but really they can't hold my attention long enough. Really the Mother/Earthbound series kept my interest solely because of Smash Bros. The only rpg I got close to beating was Final Fantasy XIII. I love that game to death, but I accidently went a head to the next cutscene before finishing the cei'th missions so I think I screwed myself out of beating the game. I mean I could try, but I'd be really underleveled, plus there are skills you learn from doing enough of them that I didn't get. I tried to go back, but there's one flaw, all the markers disapear so I'd have to run around aimlessly to find them. Maybe someday I'll replay FFXIII and beat it, but because Final Fantasy is so linear, and because I have all these powered up characters, it's really hard to restart.

As for MMORPG's, I've tried to play a few, but really, they couldn't hold my interest either. I tried Runescape, but 10 minutes after creating my account, they said it was deleted due to inactivity, which was utter bs, by the way. Then I tried a Legend of Zelda themed MMO... Most people were level 100 and it had a flaw where players could attack any player after level 20. Meaning that people would just come up, kill you, and steal all your crap for no reason. My friend did show me a really fun one called Tibia. I played it with her for a month, but after she stopped playing it I soon lost interest too.

Really no MMO's can hold my interest and I'm not sure why.

Posted

Sounds like you've been playing really shitty MMORPGs, to be honest. The two MMOs that I'd highly suggest are Guild Wars 2 (it costs 60$ for an account, but the game is free to play, much like a regular video game) and Dragon Nest (completely free to play)

What systems to you own? I could suggest some RPGs from there.

Posted

Well I'm broke so i might try Dragon Nest. That sounds awesome.

I have an Xbox 360, which I know I want Magna Carta for it. A Wii U, Wii, N64, NES, GameCube, which I guess could count with my Wii. I also have a 3DS and a DSi.

Though of course, like I said I'm broke so I can't really afford games right now. :(

Also one game I want to get if it's ever on Virtual console for the Wii U or 3DS, is Chrono Trigger. I've heard it's an amazing game and it's a game that I have surprisingly have not been spoiled by for all these years.

Posted

for 3DS- I hear Bravery Default is really great, also Pokemon X/Y.

DS- The old FF remakes are great, especially FF3.

If you had a PS3, i'd recommend Ni No Kuni, but oh well.

Posted

Strangely enough, I kind of like the N64 controller, although that might just be the nostalgia talking.

Posted

for 3DS RPGs, I'd recommend the Etrian Odyssey games (IV and Untold: Millennium Girl), which I like a lot. Also, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Bravely Default are great too

And if you want to play Chrono Trigger (you should), it was released for the DS some time ago, so if you can find that then you're good

Posted

Ah yeah, i forgot about Fire Emblem. I really need to get that game.

Posted

for 3DS- I hear Bravery Default is really great, also Pokemon X/Y.

DS- The old FF remakes are great, especially FF3.

If you had a PS3, i'd recommend Ni No Kuni, but oh well.

I always forget that Pokemon is an RPG for some reason. But yeah I already have that. I can look into the DS FF though.

for 3DS RPGs, I'd recommend the Etrian Odyssey games (IV and Untold: Millennium Girl), which I like a lot. Also, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Bravely Default are great too

And if you want to play Chrono Trigger (you should), it was released for the DS some time ago, so if you can find that then you're good

I tried the demo for Etrian Odyssey and I don't like the menu thing. Like where you have to navigate through a bunch of menu's. Also I tried the Bravely Default demo, but I honestly couldn't get into that. As for, FE:A I played Fire Emblem for the GBA, the one with Lyn and Eliwood. I also played the demo for FE:A, which ended on a cliff hanger so I actually want to play that really bad. Also I'll look for Chrono Trigger on the DS. Though, I still have no money. :(

Also I don't know if it was intentional, but I just realized Eliwood is kind of a way of saying Elijah Wood, who play Frodo in Lord of the Rings. Holy crap.

I forgot to mention. While I was gone for a long time I watch a whole lot of movies to catch up. I watched the Indiana Jones trilogy, I watched the LoTR trilogy, I saw Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and I saw Wizard of Oz. I saw many more, but that's just some highlights.

Posted

and I saw Wizard of Oz.

but you hate black and white movies!

Posted

So who here remembers the game Shaq Fu? You know the old fighting game about Shaquille O'Neal? Weeeeeell, he's raising money for a sequel.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/shaq-seeking-funding-shaq-fu-video-game-22796810

I don't know much about Shaq Fu, but I do remember hearing that it was perceived as a terrible game and Shaq knows this. He pretty much said it was awful. He just wants to redeem himself by getting the game a sequel. xD

Posted

The idea of Shaq Fu will probably be better executed as a beat-em-up than it was as a standard fighting game. I wish Shaq and the team behind the project luck.

Posted

Holy shit vio

Posted

Wait, what? Where?!

Posted

I think you should change your user name to "VIO" since this is the sequel and you have probably been in a coffin at the bottom of the ocean for like 100 years