Discuss Anime and Mang

7276 posts in this topic

Posted

But anyways, back on topic. xD

I was thinking of checking out Yu Yu Hakusho; anyone seen it?

seen/read it through CB, its not so much my cup of tea--it doesnt fall too far from the standard shonen formula, except that the heroes dont increase exponentially in number, if i remember right.

Posted

Mm, I see. Well, I might check it out once Bleach is over. I'll need a decent dose of shonen after that, anyways. =P

Also Madoka Volume 1 shipped at last. :'D Excited for its arrival.

Also the Mars of Destruction OVA.

Everyone should watch it.

Because

it is SO BAD

and HILARIOUS

No really. Please do it.

Easily the worst anime I've seen in my life and I laughed 'till I cried.

Posted

Bought Metropolis and Origin today.

Started watching Persona 4 again.

End post.

Posted

Finished watching Origin.

Annoyed me somewhat. I mean Agito just up and decides to get enhanced and all that kind of happens within five minutes and then he's already fighting the military. And after Toola leaves him in that room chained to the wall, I'm pretty sure the only word he says until the end of the movie is "Toola". It's as if as soon as he got enhanced his personality is totally stripped. Also why the squid was he wearing a collar what is up with that enhanced design he looked like a straight up gimp.

~~~RIP Agito~~~

start of the movie - halfway through the movie.

Not that he actually died. But I did find myself wanting him to stay dead after he became a tree.

And then they go to escape which is fine. But the stupidest thing is that the mountain is miles and miles away from neutral city, yet someone standing there called out "It's Agito!!" as Agito stood on the side of the mountain. A whole mountain. No, you would not be able to see him from that far away with the naked eye. And how could you even know that Agito was enhanced if he didn't go to neutral city before blindly running after Toola. I know who the real Tool-a is in this movie. It's THE movie. This movie is a tool. A money tool.

Nice animation. Wasn't blowing me away though, it just felt like regular good animation to me. Except for some parts where it upped it's game a little, I suppose.

So yeah. Okay movie I suppose. Probably wont watch it again by myself though.

Posted

i only watched the first 3 or 4 eps of nichijou. I like it. Probs gonna re download it on my new laptop.

Also, Metropolis was the first anime movie i ever saw. Well actually the American butchered Digimon movie and the Pokemon movies probably were.... But yeah I loved Metropolis. I cried. Almost bought it at Half Priced Books for 6 dollars but the case was in such horrible shape I was afraid the disc would be shitty too. I really wanted it though.

Posted

never actually finished metropolis

Posted

Somehow, I now have to worry about my roommates watching Tiger and Bunny without me.

Posted

Mm, I see. Well, I might check it out once Bleach is over. I'll need a decent dose of shonen after that, anyways. =P

Also Madoka Volume 1 shipped at last. :'D Excited for its arrival.

Also the Mars of Destruction OVA.

Everyone should watch it.

Because

it is SO BAD

and HILARIOUS

No really. Please do it.

Easily the worst anime I've seen in my life and I laughed 'till I cried.

i think we saw this in anime club as a grab bag last year.....p sure we all had the same reaction.

Posted

I'm quite new to Anime. My friends have been telling me to watch it for a while, but I never got to it. Then, my school library started loaning out manga, and I saw One Piece, one of the series my friends told me about, and took it out. I finished the second volume yesterday. I also reserved the 1st volume of Bleach. I have been told to avoid Naruto, it is one of the most popular, but it is really bad, just like Justin Bieber ;) (No offence if you read this Justin!) Anyway, this thread is about anime, not manga. So I want to watch the same series as I read: One Piece and Bleach. However, I have 536 (!!!!) episodes of One Piece to catch up on and 366 (!!) Bleach to catch up on. Before I start spending a LOT of time reading/watching Anime, are these the series you think I should watch?

Posted

i think we saw this in anime club as a grab bag last year.....p sure we all had the same reaction.

last semester

which i guess is technically last year

I'm quite new to Anime. My friends have been telling me to watch it for a while, but I never got to it. Then, my school library started loaning out manga, and I saw One Piece, one of the series my friends told me about, and took it out. I finished the second volume yesterday. I also reserved the 1st volume of Bleach. I have been told to avoid Naruto, it is one of the most popular, but it is really bad, just like Justin Bieber ;) (No offence if you read this Justin!) Anyway, this thread is about anime, not manga. So I want to watch the same series as I read: One Piece and Bleach. However, I have 536 (!!!!) episodes of One Piece to catch up on and 366 (!!) Bleach to catch up on. Before I start spending a LOT of time reading/watching Anime, are these the series you think I should watch?

Listen buddy, i am going to tell you what i tell people who tell me to watch One Piece.

I have not seen any of it, so I cannot judge the show, but the fact is, I could watch so many more series in the time it takes to get caught up with One Piece, that it doesn't really make it worth watching. The one guy I know who watches One Piece told me that most of the main story arcs are worth skipping. If the main plot of the show is that bad, why are you watching the show to begin with? The only real justification is if you are already caught up with the show, because then it is a lot easier to watch.

If you want, we could recommend stuff to you and your friends. Stuff that is really good and only like 13-26 episodes

Posted

Just learned how to make gifs from video the same day as Pom Poko finishes downloading.

This movie.

tumblr_m0dcnnN3ix1qdek7mo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0dc8qjEFG1qdek7mo1_500.gif

tumblr_m0dc8qjEFG1qdek7mo2_500.gif

Posted

how do you do it teto?!?!!?

Posted

mag

ic

KMPlayer allows you to take frames from a start and an end point. It can take jpeg images how often you like. I set it to 6 a second.

Then use Adobe ImageReady to put them all together.

Posted

when will we get animated gif avatars again

teto i have no idea how to gif with this program