The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

Esme watched Zelda carefully, her brows furrowed. She didn't like that princess. She listened to Epsil and Zelda speak, her arms crossed. They probably should get going. They were crunched for time, right? This whole saving Hyrule thing or whatnot.

The ghostly girl coughed, then forced a smile. "We should probably get going... Times a' wasting, yeah?" She looked back at Subae, her smile fading. "You think you'll be alright in the grove?" She questioned. Though, she wasn't sure how Epsil and herself were going to get to the heavens. And on that note, what did the 'heavens' actually mean...?

Oh well!

Pivioting on her heels, she turned to Epsil, and Zelda. "You ready, Epsil?" She grinned with a slight laugh.

Posted

"Kaero, you go with Karnil and Rachal, okay?" Subae asked. Kaero looked at him oddly.

"You're going to go the grove just yourself?" Kaero asked, incredulous. Subae nodded. Kaero nodded slightly too and turned to Karnil, leaving Subae.

Everybody was getting ready to go now. Subae looked about the group, a chill creeping down his spine as he did. Esme went to talk with Epsil and Zelda and as he watched, Zelda looked again at Subae and the Ocarina. Subae looked away from her, turning south towards Ordon. Zelda never called out nor made any effort to stop him. None of them did. Kaero watched him go but the others never noticed as he slipped away.

Posted

Rachal looked down at Karnil and Kaero and knew that they were both thinking the same thing. How are we going to comunicate with one another?

Rachal didn't know how to get out of the Shadow Realm, but she did know that Death Mountain was to the west of Hyrule so, she started off in that direction. The other two groups had started to depart also and Rachal suddenly wondered if spliting up was such a good idea. Everything here was so...dark it was unnerving. She took a deep breath and plunged, headfirst into this new adventure.

Posted

Subae was alone. Walking for hours under the black sun and misty grey sky of the Shadow Realm. The Sacred Grove... That's around Ordon isn't it? Subae was sure enough but not entirely certain. He stopped and stared into the dark sky. The clouds slowly passed overhead. I really shouldn't be so frightened but... I've seen twilight before. This isn't twilight. There's something new. Something different. Subae couldn't quite figure it out though. He simply stared into the sky blankly. A cold breeze brushed by his whiskers, bringing him back from his thoughts to the task at hand. Yeah. Ordon. He shook his head and set off again.

He walked at a faster pace than he usually would. He felt a ghostly stare on the back of his head but when he looked there was nothing there. Only the endless dark. It was surely night again. The darkness was setting in more and more. I really should try to reach cover before I go to sleep. It isn't safe here. Subae quickened his pace and ran at a steady pace across the expansive field. The grass fell beneath him and the trees seemed to thicken as he neared the forest. There was no definite entrance but there was a small unused path that tunnelled into the trees. He followed it for a while before he spotted a small clearing in the trees. There, he rested.

Posted

Ganondorf sensed the disturbance in the Eldin Province. He had been focusing his mind on the group, trying to discover their whereabouts. In this, he had been successful. They had split into several groups, and were now slowly moving in different directions. But a darkness had been cast on Eldin, and it was not Twilight. It was something else.

"I have yet to discover which of them is Zelda....." he said aloud as he stared out of a window. He still occupied the Palace of Twilight in the Twilight Realm. He was waiting for the right moment to reenter Hyrule, but that moment seemed to be coming very slowly. "She carries the Triforce of Wisdom, but I can't distinguish one person from the next. They are as shadows to me...." He turned to look at Sanshi.

Sanshi had changed. Slowly, the magic that Ganondorf had used to find her was affecting her. It had singled her out because of her Gerudo blood, and now that same blood was being brought to the surface of her being. Her skin was darkening. Even her clothing was magically changing of its own accord. Instead of her Castle Town garb, she now wore a tight-fitting brown corset, embellished with Gerudo markings, as well as a pair of breeches that matched. Her hair was done up in the Gerudo style as well, with gold ornaments holding it in place.

"If it pleases you, Master..." she said. "I can find Zelda for you, and bring her here. Her aura will be much easier to single out once I am in Hyrule. I will use the Book's spells to capture her." Ganondorf smiled. The woman was completely under his control. Thought, he still worried what influence Farore might have over her if she were to return to Hyrule.

"Yes...." he said, smiling to himself. "That may be the best thing to do. Go then. Go back to the world of Light, and bring Zelda back to me. And if she has obtained something....something of great worth.....bring it to me as well."

Sanshi bowed her head respectfully, clutching the book to her chest. "As you wish, my Master."

Posted (edited)

Bic: Subae awoke to the darkness of daylight. He checked for the Ocarina. It was still there. Thank God. Subae got up and shook himself off a little before looking around a bit. Nobody had come after him. He was still alone on his journey to the Sacred Grove. Wherever that was... He was almost totally lost here.

He stretched and found the path again, leading deeper into the forest.

Ooc: I seriously have no clue where to go from here. I'll probably continue later though. But... Where the heck is everybody?

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Epsil nodded slightly to Esme.. Still worried about the idea of splitting the group, but it had to be done.

He glanced at both of his partners, Esme and Zelda, "So, any idea of how to get to 'the heavens'?"

He looked questioningly at Zelda, she sighed and shrugged her shoulders slightly, "We don't even know where 'the heavens' refers to.. But perhaps we sho-"

"KALLLUMMMM PAH!" A small green man thudded into the ground next to the group. All three of them jumped slightly.

The small man jumped to his feet and glanced at the startled group.. "What's wrong?"

Epsil glanced up at the cloud covered sky, then back down at the strange man, "You.. fell from the sky?"

The little man glanced up, "Yesss..?"

"And you're fine.." Epsil asked slowly.

"Well i've had a lot of practice, see there was this boy who used to dress up as a deku shrub sometimes, but he also wore green like me. And he had a fairy! Did I mention my name was Tingle, i'm going to get a fairy, my father thinks it's a stupid idea but I will. Most definately. Anyway..."

Epsil blinked slowly, this.. persons mind was all over the place.

"The boy came to me quite regularly and shot down my balloons, which I floated around in the wind on. It hurt a lot at first, but now I am quite used to it. Especially when I use my magic word to save myself, I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone else because it's secret!"

Epsils mouth stayed open for a bit before answering, "O..kay."

Tingle drew his hands up into fists above his head, and pulled what he seemed to think was a magical stance. "Kalummm, PAH!" Sparkling dust showered Epsil, Zelda and Esme. Esme giggled, Zelda startled a little and looked curiously at the little green man before asking a question. "So how did you fall this time?"

Tingle turned to her as if he'd just noticed, "Ah! A beautiful lady who cares! Lovely day!" he cleared his throat loudly, "well, I was up in the sky, floating around in my great red balloon, trying to draw a map of the sky city. It's quite an interesting city, but then a strange beasty attacked me, it looked quite like a small dragon, anyway, then I was falling. The end!"

Epsil glanced up, wondering if the remaining goddesses were watching over them, however strangely their methods. "So there is a land in the heavens.." he murmured softly.

"Indeed! But lately it has been quite strange up there, weird and warped beasties live up there now.. I'd tell you more, but you don't seem to have any rupees and you don't have a fairy! So I must depart!" With that, Tingle said his magic words again, spread green dust through the air and.. sat down.

An akward silence filled the group.. Epsil turned to the others, "How are we going to get up there..?"

Posted

[it's "Kooloolimpa", not "kallum-pah".

I can't really write anything until something happens... Oh, yeah, in addition to the normal bosses, I was thinking that Dargon could pop up at every major location, and every time you face him he's stronger?]

Posted (edited)

Okay, but don't make him attack Subae randomly. He's ronerey. And, for your information, your Yoshi does 'pwn' YLA's.

And I think you should have a secondary character, Taco. We need more RPers to actually keep this thing alive. :(

I'll edit this post when I've actually thought of something to add. :/

Bic: Subae took up self harming as he has no friends.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Karnil, Rachal and Kaero had been walking for a few minutes before seeing the massive shape of Death Mountain. The smoke that usually erupted from the mountain had turned black and as they got closer, they felt the earth begen to rumble ever so slightly. This is very unusual...Death Mountain hasn't had this much activity for a long time. Karmil and Kaero were talking among themselves too, Rachal wished she could understand them. It was frusterating, being unable to speak to them. It was then that she heard a bark-like voice taking. "Kaero, Subae..." But that was all she caught. She was surprised, it was definately not normal, but she closed her eyes for a moment and concentrated. It felt as thought she had pulled a cork from a bottle and all the bubbles had come out. She could feel the magic, and she knew that she would be able to use it. But then it started to fad again. No...not yet. She hoped that she could recall it but, she couldn't Karmil and Kaero had stopped, waiting for her and she ran to catch up with them.

ooc: Sorry if this messed up any plot developments but, it made more sense to me that Rachal should be able to understand them sometimes.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Yeah. And both of them will learn to understand you eventually anyway. And I can't think of anything now either. :/

puppy.

300.jpg

THIS. IS. WRITER'S BLOCK!

Posted

Esme giggled, watching the curious green-clad man with amusement. She remained silen while the other chatted, grinning slightly. A city in the heavens? Really? She'd only heard and readlegands about it, but then again..

It wasn't the oddest thing in this world, now was it?

Her grin turned almost curl as her eyes returned to the man called Tingle. "So, a dragon huh? Hehehaae.." She planted her hands on her hips. "And, I've got a fairy... kind of. " She pursed her lips togather with a smack.

Lair, he's nothing like a fairy! Esme giggled a little to herself. What was a little lie for the greater... good?

[subae needs a friend, huh? I could introduce Alabastor sooner than I had planned, if you'd like Subae to have someone to interact with.]

Posted

:O Cool I guess. But I only just noticed the actual joke to that picture I posted. On the left. Lol.

Posted

[ Bwhaha. it a little pirate.]

Subae wasn't alone in the dark. This was usually a perilous situation, but this... this was an exception. Whatever it was watching him had a geniune intrest in the tiger. Although, it dug deeper than just that. There was something on the tiger the figure recongized. Something that was linked to what it had thought it may have lost forever.

So close! Its thought hissed in it head, and although it face was mostly covered, it was definatly smiling merrily. But, could it just show itself to the tiger? Surely it should take a more pleasent form? Then again... it better to be honest in the beeginning of a meething, than at the end. It nodded, then frowned. That thought contrasted deeply with what his master did quit often. Lied. Alway lieing of bending the truth in one way or the other, or just not telling it at all, advoiding it. It sighed, with a groan, and sat down still, what seemed to be, in a floating postion. What ever was he going to do now..

Wait! What was this tiger, who didn't seem to actually be a tiger, doing here? In this forest? It was dangerous here...

Posted

And in came Teto, dragging his almighty writer's block with him.

Subae twisted his head quickly and looked around at the trees. Even in the light of morning, it was so unbearably dark under the cover of the thick foliage overhead. He head nothing but the rasping of his own breath and, as if to respond, the breath of the wind, or something else entirely. Except for these silent yet clear sounds, the small clearing was silent and empty. Subae shook his head. He had thought he had seen something but it must have been his imagination again. His head ached. It was difficult to grasp the idea that he had actually gotten any sleep whatsoever.

He left the clearing and slowly staked across the mossy earth beneath his feet. He felt a dark presence coming from around him, even from within his body. He couldn't place it but there was something wrong. He felt as if something was creeping up his spine almost. It writhed and scratched, clawing at his chest. He let out a growl of pain and fell forwards, hitting his chin against a rock. He rolled in agony as he felt it come to his throat. He felt ill, dying almost. Pain beyond words, stabbing at every inch of his body relentlessly. He roared in desperation shaking and writhing on the forest floor. The feeling had escalated so quickly and had almost torn him apart by this point.

Subae felt the pain cease but he still felt sick and his body weak. His tongue drooped out of his mouth and he couldn't move his legs. His chest heaved and his body trembled. "Subae, I shall have my body returned to me." Forget it, Teto. This body is neither mine nor yours. You can't corrupt me. You can't corrupt either of us. "Is that so? Only the strong will survive, Subae. You and Reno will both fall. I can escape this prison and take on my own form. As can Reno. You can be free as long as you withdraw." Subae didn't respond. He knew that Teto would only argue and torture. Subae sighed and felt a warmth spread throughout his body.