You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

So annoyed. My perfect-behavior record in high school has now been ruined. Got my first detention yesterday, have to serve it today. And I got it for the stupidest reason ever.

So, here's the deal. I have to take numerous prescription medications in the morning to properly function throughout the day. To be specific, I need to take ADD pills so I don't have the attention span of a gnat, allergy pills so I can breathe, anti-depressants to keep me from turning into a crying mess, and anti-psychotics so I'm not a danger to myself (frequently) and potentially others (very, very rarely). Unfortunately, all of these pills have the side effect of making me really, really, really drowsy and likely to randomly fall asleep (one reason I'll likely never be permitted to have a driver's license).

Now, my 1st period teacher has this little rule: sleep in class, and you'll get a detention. I've told him about my medications and the fact that they can, in fact, literally make me randomly fall asleep without warning even if I had more than enough rest the previous night, and that I can't avoid taking them because of the risks involved. So we came to the agreement that if I looked like I was falling asleep in class, he would poke me or something to let me know I was in danger of dozing off and let me go walk to the restroom or something to wake me up a bit.

Well, the class was watching a documentary on 9/11 yesterday, and WHAM! Pill side-effects hit me like a brick. So the entire time, I'm actively trying to avoid falling asleep so I don't get a detention, and also because it'd be extremely disrespectful considering the material. Well, I made it to the end of class, to my knowledge, without having fallen asleep. Then I look down at my desk and see a detention slip. I had apparently been asleep for five minutes, but managed to wake myself up. And I'd received no prior warning that I was dozing off.

And then when I asked about it, he'd forgotten about the medication thing, and he wouldn't take back the detention because he "can't make exceptions to the rules."

So in other words, my spotless record was soiled for an incredibly stupid reason.

When did being perfect and spotless become such an advocated thing anyway. The idea that getting in trouble or being accused is becoming such a stigma is rather horrible to me. :(

Posted

I remember when I got my first "pink slip" I was really nervous and worried. I was goofing off with Sahaqiel too much in class and the teacher had enough. I wasn't sure what would happen because I had never had one before and it was weird. I think I was a sophmore. By my senior year though I was doing things like saturday detention and in school suspension for various reasons. I don't think I was even doing anything bad. I know that I got at least one in school suspension just because I kept showing up late to one of my classes on the other side of our highschool for a teacher who didn't like to make exceptions.

Just remember that getting a mark on your record every now and then doesn't mean anything other than that you're human. It's a good reminder to have.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, I'm aware of that. Tell that to my mom, though. She treats minor infractions like I'd just stabbed someone 32 times in the face with a trowel. That, and I take pride in the fact that I don't get into trouble.

Plus, a lot of the underclassmen look up to me (particularly in the flute section) and I like to set a good example.

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

World's worst senpai u__u

Posted

I trusted you treemotan

Posted

Detentions aren't so bad. I only got one in high school, due to constant tardiness to my first period class in my senior year. Senioritis.

I actually enjoyed the hour of detention after school. Got to do my homework with no distraction of video games and no risk of procrastination. :P

Posted

dude, who doesnt get in trouble at school? Better yet, who actually gives a puppy about "perfect records." Lemme tell you; it's highschool- nothing actually matters there. at all.

On a side note, my best day of school happened durring an in school suspension i got for calling a teach a "puppying nazi" because i got in trouble for telling another kid off. I mean, he kept talking about raping this one girl and it wasnt cool. Im rambling. Point is, stop giving a puppy, Treemotan. for reals.

Posted

I got paddled by the dean senior year for going to a different homeroom. My teacher said it was because I didn't tell her I was going. I had gone the last 4 homerooms in a row and she was fine with it.

Posted

I reiterate: it's not so much the detention that bothered me. Actually got my French done and the detention monitor let me out a half hour early because she knows I'm not a bad kid. It was the fact that it was for a really stupid reason and my mom's reaction afterwards.

Posted

Your mom should grow up then

Posted

I would have been livid if something like that had happened to me. No teacher has any right to give out a detention for the side effects of school-sanctioned medication.

Posted

OH MAN MY FIRST DETENTION, I remember that well. I was like 9 or something, was given to me because we had this homework... thing and I didn't do a part of it because I was lazy and thought the teacher wouldn't notice, lol. surprise! she noticed, screamed at me about how disappointed she was that I had also "tarnished my record" and I cried in class and went to detention and cried some more because oh no I had to miss playtime/recess and had to help clean up the school library. God, I was such a crybaby back then, jeeeez. But really when I got my mum to sign the detention slip, I was expecting a Treemotan mother response, but she just laughed at me and went "FINALLY". makes me laugh.

detentions in high school were actually p. fun lol, you always got the banter and chat from all the permanently-in-detention kids, was coo'

But yeah, that's really annoying to hear Treemotan ): unfortunate, minor situation made worse by silly teachers/over-dramatic parents fff

Posted

Only detention I got was for vandalising the folder of someone in another class, whose stuff was in the same room as the class I was in. I knew the person, and they could tell it was me. They weren't impressed and they told, so me and my accomplice got detentions. He told us to go and register our detentions with the reception. My accomplice did, but I thought "what if I don't?" so I didn't. And as I thought, since I didn't register the detentions existence with the school, they didn't know I skipped it, and nothing was ever done about that.

SilverAlchemic and pheonix561 like this

Posted

instead of being a passive little bitch and whining about your record, why not stand up for yourself and refuse to go to the detention, and if they try any other punishments, refuse them as well, on the grounds that it was legitimately not your fault.

or you could stop giving a shit about stuff that literally does not matter

Posted

I got paddled by the dean senior year for going to a different homeroom. My teacher said it was because I didn't tell her I was going. I had gone the last 4 homerooms in a row and she was fine with it.

Can we all just stop and pay attention to the fact that Chase was paddled

Just what the hell do they do to people in Alabama