Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Just because you met someone with a ridiculous argument for a ridiculous opinion doesn't make you the smartest in the class. A student in front of you never passed the paper back, and you let that turn into a zero on the entire thing. Why couldn't you be bothered to ask him? Was your brain to big or was his brain too small? (replace all instances of brain with dick)

Say what you want, but that's how everyone else's arguments at school go too. Since they don't know they say things like, "Because it is." They're all idiots.

Also being in a College Prep class she never says when she's handing out assignments and she just does it and I never associate with anyone outside school besides my friends and one's 2 grades lower and one is in smarter classes than me.

Posted

Say what you want, but that's how everyone else's arguments at school go too. Since they don't know they say things like, "Because it is." They're all idiots.

Also being in a College Prep class she never says when she's handing out assignments and she just does it and I never associate with anyone outside school besides my friends and one's 2 grades lower and one is in smarter classes than me.

Courage the Cowardly Dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFTiv2PYtgI&feature=player_embedded

Was it class work or just 'oh hey go do this cuz its the end of the period and I want you all outta here'?

With the latter, that's understandable but I feel weird when everyone's bent over their desk looking at a paper and I'm just reading or something.

Posted

I might be going to university next year as well, but I don't feel very smart either.

Posted

Just talk to your teacher, YLA. Most of them don't want their students flunking if they can help it, and under those circumstances a makeup essay seems like the best solution. You'll probably have to take it on your own time, but it's much better than having a bad grade affect you later on if you decide to go to college or university.

I almost flunked English because I missed some 5 point assignments. My teacher counted them zeros, then all subsequent work I made was also counted as zeros because I missed that first assignment. It was his policy to ensure that nobody could possibly get an A in his class, and he even stated it at the beginning of the semester.

I disputed it, my Mom disputed it, it got to the level of the school board. I did the missing assignments, which I wasn't even aware counted for marks, then made sure everything else was clear. I got an 87% on the final, which moved my grade up to an A.

So don't tell me there's nothing you can do.

Posted

I don't even know what to say about this.

Posted

Just talk to your teacher, YLA. Most of them don't want their students flunking if they can help it, and under those circumstances a makeup essay seems like the best solution. You'll probably have to take it on your own time, but it's much better than having a bad grade affect you later on if you decide to go to college or university.

I almost flunked English because I missed some 5 point assignments. My teacher counted them zeros, then all subsequent work I made was also counted as zeros because I missed that first assignment. It was his policy to ensure that nobody could possibly get an A in his class, and he even stated it at the beginning of the semester.

I disputed it, my Mom disputed it, it got to the level of the school board. I did the missing assignments, which I wasn't even aware counted for marks, then made sure everything else was clear. I got an 87% on the final, which moved my grade up to an A.

So don't tell me there's nothing you can do.

^This. It's highschool. Chances are if you do the assignment and hand it in late, 90% of the time the teacher will at least give you partial credit for putting in the effort.

Posted

lol college prep

Though I will say that being intelligent doesn't necessarily mean you get good grades. But really, if the essay wasn't "passed back to you," you should have at least had the responsibility of asking the teacher yourself. Like really, the only skill you need in high school is being responsible about your grades and your assignments. If you care about them, you'll do well no matter how tough it is, because you care about doing well. It's high school. It's not that hard. I'm not talking about AP classes here. But when it comes to college prep English, there's no excuse for not knowing what you need to do to get an A.

Posted

Downloading Portal 2 here. I started about 8 hours ago, and it's going to take another 4 hours or so to finish. :cry:

Posted

I have the 3rd highest grade in that class. I got a 0 of 150 on an essay that I didn't do because the teacher never gave me the paper because the person in the front row never passed them back. >_<

As I said I got a 0/150 on an essay so yes. I'm still one of the smartest.

Yes no reason. I calculated the future grades and if I get all 100%'s then it'll be an 83.

Wait....so you were aware the teacher was handing something out, and you did not get the assignment.....so instead of taking 20 second to raise your hand and ask for the handout....you just didn't do it? And you are saying you are a logical person? Not trying to bash on you here, but that's a tad ridiculous. Have a little accountability.

Posted

Tonight was prom. It was pretty fun, I guess. The music was lame. Modern dances confuse me. We had good food, but my date had to leave early from dinner with two of my other friends because they're class officers, so I ended up actually taking two of my friends' dates to the actual prom. Once officer business was done, though, things were pretty cool.

After mediocre attempts at dancing, prom ended and we went to my friend's house for a wholesome afterparty, which was incredibly chill and full of Rockband. We got to hang out and enjoy each other's company for three hours, and now, after dropping off my girlfriend, I'm home and posting this on the Internet.

Posted

"Wholesome" made me giggle. It's such a foreign word to me.

Posted

We got to hang out and enjoy each other's company for three hours

Ooooooo next time you should invite me over ;]

Sounds pretty fun

I would looove to "hang out" and "enjoy each other's company," especially if it was for "three hours" ;]

Posted

I honestly don't know what Hyrule would be without shadowknight's posts

They're just nice to read <:

Posted

shadowknight is adorable :3

Posted

Look how long my vid is :o

I can upload videos longer than 15 minutes now! :D