Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

tumblr_m02or0RUxk1qaq59wo1_400.jpg

???

Posted

cynicism is just being realistic. life isnt wrapped up in a bow tie with a happy ending

Life isn't hell, either.

It's a good mix of the two, with ups and downs that vary in degree based on a wide range of things. Race, Sex, Income, Caste, etc.

I'm not asking you to be overwhelming optimistic. That blinds you from terrible situations. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, being cynical blinds you from the goodness in people. Just be careful about going against the popular choice in every situation. Just because something is popular doesn't make it wrong.

That said, I agree that a healthy dose of skepticism does the body good.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

When people are like "Hey Skyler!" and say "Remember, we had ____ class together!"

I'm like "Hey, sorry but I went to school with a LOT of people. I can't remember everyone."

The thing is that I think about it later that evening because I feel really bad about not remembering them. I think back and realize they must've mistaken me for someone else and then I feel really really weird.

Posted

Big fight...o.o So hi! :D

Life isn't hell, either.

It's a good mix of the two, with ups and downs that vary in degree based on a wide range of things. Race, Sex, Income, Caste, etc.

I'm not asking you to be overwhelming optimistic. That blinds you from terrible situations. But on the opposite end of the spectrum, being cynical blinds you from the goodness in people. Just be careful about going against the popular choice in every situation. Just because something is popular doesn't make it wrong.

That said, I agree that a healthy dose of skepticism does the body good.

This, btw.

Posted

I know, I say it a lot. But I'm trying to better myself.

So, how are you Alex? C:

Posted

I do? How so?

And great!

Posted

I don't know how or why. All the problems I have are still here.

So I'm running for Vice President for next year. I think I have a good chance of winning. I'm not hated, and almost everyone knows me. A teacher and my best friend are helping me with my speech/talking skills as well. :)

I'm excited!

Posted

yeah, you do seem more chipper. even if you still have all the issues, its like the drama vanished or something, idk.

Posted

Oh man. Jared's growing up! SO PROUD! :D

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Jared, if you weren't gay I'd swear you were straight.

You've got so many females up on your facebook.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I wish I had a harem. . . wait. . .

Posted

^harem master

Posted

It is good to see you, Jared. Pretty sure I saw Fort posting new threads, too. All these Hnet members coming out of the woodwork, yay.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

Jared, if you weren't gay I'd swear you were straight.

You've got so many females up on your facebook.

I actually don't know what I am right now. And I'm not letting it bother me, nor letting it control me or stereotype me. And yes, most of those girls are all my best friends. I love them all :]

And thanks, everyone. It feels good to come back to a place full of supportive people. I'm glad I've changed, even though I didn't know it. :)