Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

I had to work today, and ended up getting blame for something that I was not in charge of today. Well at least the day is almost over and Sunday to look forward to...

Posted

Tappy...? YOU ARE NOT SMITH!!!

Posted

So the craziest thing happened an hour ago? I don't know. It was 1AM and it was about to be 2AM, but my computer, my phone, my iPod, and my tv all said 3:00 instead of 2:00. I think it's from day light savings, but I've never seen it in action and I freaked out about it because all of those say it's 4:40 AM right now, but my clocks in my house say it's 3:40 AM. I don't know which is right.

Posted

i don't know what time is it because I'm not in my usual time zone and I went back an hour yesterday but now I'm back to the same time???

oh yeah I'm in Houston for my spring break. visiting my big sister :> it's also raining everyday GOD

Posted

Yeah, just fixed the clock on my computer. This are isn't affected by daylight savings time. We don't change clocks, we change time zones, but computers and cell phones can't figure that out.

Posted

Sounds like a good day to me.

I think maybe people should stop pigeonholing themselves as "straight" or "gay" or "bi". People change all the time, and their tastes change accordingly. Love shouldn't be dependent on sex or gender. It's just like tastes in music; you might like one band or genre now, but in five years that might change. Some people will listen to country music their whole lives, but others will be constantly changing musical styles and bands. It doesn't mean either one is out of touch with themselves or their tastes.

its one of the funnier perks of being bi--if i feel more inclined towards girls, i dont have to change anything. same if i feel more inclined towards guys.

Jareddude likes this

Posted

I was like "Whaaaa?" when the clocks changed, myself. xD

Blaaaarg.

Posted

Oh, lol. I forgot you guys change clocks earlier than in the UK. Another two weeks of not-BST for meeee.

Posted

So the craziest thing happened an hour ago? I don't know. It was 1AM and it was about to be 2AM, but my computer, my phone, my iPod, and my tv all said 3:00 instead of 2:00. I think it's from day light savings, but I've never seen it in action and I freaked out about it because all of those say it's 4:40 AM right now, but my clocks in my house say it's 3:40 AM. I don't know which is right.

it's like observing Halley's Comet or the birth of a blue whale

Posted

sometimes I am asian

other times I am not

why cant the world accept me

I am a dog my body betrayed me

call me boy

Posted

In school we swapped out our school-issued macbooks for newer macbook airs. It's smaller, it's faster, and it does less of what the old macbooks did. There is no disk drive, and they decided to go the apple mouse route and not give the trackpad a button. We were told that only our documents folder would be backed up, so I put all my music and videos into folders and stashed 'em in the documents folder.

Guess what DIDN'T SURVIVE THE TRANSITION?

So now I'm stuck with a smaller, more confusing laptop with an empty iTunes library and no videos. And to top it all off, I came into school early on OGT week. OGT stands for Ohio Graduation Test, of which I have passed last year. Those who have passed are allowed to have a 2-hour delay. And so, being a COMPLETE IDIOT, I woke up after about 1/5 nights sleep and tiredly walked to school in the rain. So now I am stuck in the study hall room for 2 hours. Squid it all, I'm taking a nap.

Posted

It's only more confusing for a bit. Then it gets a lot easier and, in time, you'll find that there isn't a better trackpad anywhere. Also, even though there's no disk drive, you can wirelessly use the disk drive of other computers to install something off a CD remotely.

"We were told." man. Just buy a thumbdrive and back your stuff up. Or an external hard drive. They're fairly cheap nowadays.

Posted

yeah, well, I couldn't find the thumb drive I usually have in my laptop case, probably lost it somewhere. My old laptop is already buried under a ton of others on the way to the factory to be refurbished, so I guess I'll just have to make do. It took me three years to download all those songs.

I've got some rebuilding to do.

Posted

Students actually get laptops from the schools where you live? That's kinda cool.

Posted

yeah we got a grant from apple or something so we get laptops. It's pretty sweet, except for the fact that there is SO MUCH BLOCKING SOFTWARE.

It wasn't until today that I was able to get on Hnet at school, and youtube never works. You can go to youtube just fine, but good luck getting videos to work.