Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh yeah, I forgot that foreigners think that there are multiple types of tea. But there is only one. You weirdos.

Posted

mr-tea-20110426-095129.jpg
Arachne likes this

Posted

This speaking of tea has caused my return (or maybe I just decided to drop by, who knows).

My tea collection has grown significantly in recent months. It started with English Breakfast and Earl Grey, and quickly expanded to include, Irish Breakfast, Keemun, (cheap) Jasmine, a nice Assam that I use in my Masala Chai, Moroccan Mint, some Oolong that my friend gave me after he went to China, a pre-made chai that my mom bought, and a white tea that my friend gave me in a jar, so I don't know the name of it though I enjoy it greatly.

The Breakfast teas get milk and sugar, Masala Chai is made by boiling milk with spices and tea thrown into the pot, Earl Grey gets a lemon slice, and everything else I drink with nothing added.

I take tea very seriously, thank you very much. Coffee too, but that isn't the topic at the moment.

it's just bitter water

I had this exact response to my sister after she said what you said.

Posted

I just

drink it without anything

I drink it mostly because I'd like to drink something warm that tastes different from water (which is to say it has a taste)

which is to say I'm not too serious about it

If only the water in our apartment weren't so metallic and bad as well

Posted

Truthfully I don't like tea. Like my parents make iced tea all the time and I don't like it that much. It tastes... funny. Though I also don't like coffee.

Posted

Iced tea is just about my only experience with tea. Now I want to try some real stuff. How do.

Posted

Well I guess you can go find Tetley teabags somewhere. Not sure if they do many varieties of tea, but just look for normal stuff I guess? Then you put a teabag in a mug, pour boiling water over it, stir that, take out the teabag, pour in some milk, then (for me at least) put in two teaspoons of sugar, and then stir that. Then drink it.

Posted

Uncultured yank, maybe. Not "twat". Nobody likes that word, and I am offended that you would make that joke. It shows how ignorant you are of our superior British culture. It also implies you think of me in the "British sterotype" kind of way, which is actually the English stereotype. Scottish people are a lot different, and we resent you yanks for lumping us together with those southern faggots.

how very dare you

Wait what

I didn't honestly know about any stereotype like that, I just heard "uncultured american twat" in a terraria video.

That and, out of force of habit, I only associate Scotland with Cascade, despite knowing about your nationality before hers.

I'm a wreck.

Posted

So is America.

Posted

I drink it without milk and sugar. Besides, milk and sugar in green or white tea would just be wierd.

i actually put milk in all m tea. no sugar, but just milk. i guess its somewhere between me liking milk, and my cat toungue demanding things be cool, but not having the patience to wait around for them. i know its not supposed to go in so many teas, but i put it in there anyway. ive had it turn some wonky colors, too. i think it was apple tea, once, i had it in the cafeteria, added milk, got up to go get something, came back and a bunch of girls had sat at my table, and were staring down my tea like i had poured random liquids together....you know, how some people decide theyre done with their meals, so they mix everything into one inedible drink? well, it was a lovely shade of purple, and the look on their faces was pretty awesome, too. and the tea tasted just fine.

Iced tea is just about my only experience with tea. Now I want to try some real stuff. How do.

i have a cupboard full of the stuff. more kinds of tea than anyone in my house regularly drinks (my mom likes lipton in the morning, but has bought a lot of crap with the intention to drink, but never drinks). im just gonna have to show up at your house with a backpack full of tea, pheo, and we can wear milk rings for monocles as we try to drink tea with our pinkies out and milk in everything.

and btw, mint tea with milk in the winter. F*ck yeah, best thing ever :3

Posted

There's a cupboard in my house that is the same way. Big case of lipton, followed by six unopened boxes of other kinds of tea.

I occasionally forget about the smell of it, so I'll open the cupboard for some marshmallows and become instantly overwhelmed with the stench of green tea.

Posted

So is America.

Posted

I don't have a cabinet, but I have basically taken over one of the countertops in my kitchen.

Posted

I don't know how things are in Scotland, but bagged tea tends to be really terrible in the States so you have to buy loose leaves for good quality tea.

I really like Yunnan Jig black tea. It's good stuff. Jasmine has been the only kind of green tea that I've liked, although most likely I've just been brewing the others wrong.

I've recently found that white tea tastes surprisingly good iced.

Posted

I only started drinking tea recently, and I still can't being myself to like green tea. it tastes gross and smells worse and ugh.

I like fruity tea, and this extremely strong tea called maté they have here in argentina. it's strong, but with some sugar it's delicious. also highly caffeinated