Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Homosexuality & Christians

135 posts in this topic

Posted

Take it however you want. Not only homosexuals have butt sex. And I see no possible advantage to having butt sex besides pleasure, and that can be obtained in plenty of other ways.

Posted

Normal sex is probably done more often for pleasure than for children, I assume.

And I'll take it as an offense, because you're still implying that people who practice anal sex are as intelligent as forest wildlife. Saying "take it however you want" doesn't suddenly add a "non offensive" option.

Posted

I'm smarter than a wolf, but yeah I guess I can't say the same for everybody.

And the true meaning of this thread is revealed.

Lionheart

Posted

Hahaha

If I offend you, Sahaqiel, what are you going to do about it? Are you gay? Do you have butt sex? Or do you have this insane desire to defend something that isn't yours?

Gay people offend me because they are gay.

Black people offend me because they are black.

People that have butt sex offend me because they have butt sex.

Christians offend me because they are Christians.

People that offend me do so because I'm not comfortable with how they view me/my views. If you aren't comfortable with my opinion, why don't you change it Sahaqiel? Why don't you offer undeniable proof that I'm wrong? You only defend what you think needs to be defended. I haven't seen you stick up for any Christians, those poor delusional souls that you always argue with and chase off when they say that homosexuality is wrong.

Posted

After a short lived argument, Lionheart slips up and the entire town votes for him.

You all gather and pounce on Lionheart's face.

Lionheart was Lionheart, Rapscallion, Werewolf.

Night phase start.

Get your nightly actions in!

And I haven't stuck up for any Christians [lately], because they typically aren't the victim.

I've said a lot that I'm cool with religion, and several times I've said specifically that I'm cool with Christianity. I can't remember the last time I purposely insulted any religion other than the occasional, "It seems really silly to me that this is a belief of theirs", and that's normally in reference to creation myths.

I haven't said anything about generalizations about Christians in this thread because there are no generalizations about Christians, only generalizations about people who say they are Christians but don't follow Jesus' words about loving people and whatever. Those people take their time to hate, so they aren't really defendable.

I defend victims. If you're willing to dish out some sort of instigation, it's out of your reach for you to complain when you receive them. That's my logic, and I can't remember violating it.

That's not to say I don't instigate sometimes, but I don't complain or go off on people when they talk back.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Victims. Haha. Who are you defending?

There's no one but you upset by the comment. And it doesn't pertain to you, as far as I know. Homosexuality is a choice. Sex before marriage is a choice. Don't expect people to like your choices, whatever they may be. I'm sorry you're defending an invisible victim, but everyone else seems comfortable enough to take an opinion for what it is. An opinion.

Posted

Yeah. I state my opinions, you state yours. All fine and dandy. But when you start calling entire demographics stupid in an unwarranted fashion, that's where things have gone a bit awry.

Posted

If you want to be together forever, getting married is just sort of a formal declaration. I view it as another tool of religion, mostly, which is one reason I think premarital sex isn't an issue.

Marriage is glorified almost as much as sex is. Supposedly, it's supposed to be the happiest moment in your life. You get proposed to with an expensive ring, you get an expensive dress, you invite a bunch of mostly unwilling people to watch you get some expensive ceremony. When I think about the ceremony of modern weddings, the people don't even become important. They could be mannequins, but it would still be a wedding, there would still be an afterparty, and someone would still be profiting from it.

I think that pure, simple relationships are better than marriages, because nothing really changes when you're married, other than that you're legally bound, and most of the time, religiously bound. "'Til death do you part"? I think if I wanted to stay together with someone forever, that I would make it apparent with the memories we create, not with a tradition that just puts more steps and pressure in the way. With the hype of marriage, I think more people say "I do" than are really meant to.

When I think of marriage, I forget that weddings happen because I've never been to one. My parents didn't even have a wedding, they just filed for the legal documents so they could both come to America. (but that's another topic all on it's own) So, I'll admit that I didn't look at this perspective and that yeah, weddings are pretty pointless. I said "(almost)universal" because of course it can't be applied if you throw out marriage all together.

I do think however, that the formal declaration is what is important. How do you get in a relationship? You ask them. How do you ensure they'll spend the rest of their life with you? Well, most people get married. In the ideal situation being married would include having the right person. So when I refer to marriage I mostly mean just choosing someone to spend your life with. I don't feel that people really need to be sleeping around beforehand.

but then again, I'm an incredibly jealous and sentimental person, and also prudish. I think that if they can find their perfect person, they shouldn't need anyone else. They should share all their important experiences with said person.

and I also think that people -should- only marry their perfect person. But, that's naive and not how the real world works.

there are crappy marriages

many people never find someone perfect to be with(I'm not even sure if I believe it's possible for this to happen)

and people cheat in relationships all the time

But then morality and the real world aren't the same thing to begin with. I wouldn't condemn people -just- because they're immoral.

and I don't condemn people just because they've had premarital sex. But I don't condone premarital sex itself. Morality is just the ideal, even if it's not possible.

So I guess. Basically what I'm trying to say is: it's a stretch but in the perfect sense premarital sex/sleeping around with multiple people is unnecessary. And because it detracts from sharing your life and experiences with your "soulmate", it's evidently unwanted.

Posted

Oh really? I just said I was smarter than a wolf and can't say the same for everybody. You took it farther.

Posted

You said "I'm smarter than a wolf, but yeah I can't say the same for everybody."

The topic was how wolves have anal sex, so the sentence, in words, means

"I'm smarter than a wolf [so wolves having anal sex is irrelevant to me], but yeah [even though I am smarter than a wolf] I can't say the same for everybody [because some people have anal sex and therefore are not smarter than wolves]."

You can't blow this off by trying to pass yourself off as being vague on the matter. You would have to be going out of your way to deny how the English language and implications work.

If you're not going to be open about it, don't be so provoking.

Posted

Victims. Haha. Who are you defending?

There's no one but you upset by the comment. And it doesn't pertain to you, as far as I know. Homosexuality is a choice. Sex before marriage is a choice. Don't expect people to like your choices, whatever they may be. I'm sorry you're defending an invisible victim, but everyone else seems comfortable enough to take an opinion for what it is. An opinion.

and crap I must type really slow, because you guys are having a whole different discussion without me

But actually: I found that wolf statement offensive too. It seems to happen a lot when people are talking about gay marriage though, so I don't really find it as too jarring/outofnowhere.

I just think that it sounds very closed minded.

Last semester when we had a class debate about gay marriage, there was one girl who said "Well, if we let gays marry then why don't we let people have incest and bestiality in their marriages?"

And I find that very demeaning.

Imo: you are a person, you have a personality, you have a life, you have experiences, and you have emotions, desires, etc. And I see this as the same between male and female. People are people regardless of their gender. You are allowed to love any other person based on -them-: their personality, their life, their experiences, their emotions, their desires. Who they are, regardless of gender.

The difference I see between homosexuality and incest or bestiality, is the the other two create genetic disasters. Atm I actually don't know what to think of incest, whether I believe it's plausible or not. But that's a different issue, and I think we can agree as an example that bestiality is something degrading to be compared to.

Posted

Oh shit, you caught me. I guess I'll have to tell you my entire evil scheme.

So? Once again, what's it to you? What are you gonna do about it?

What's wrong with bestiality? puppy you, that offends me.

Maybe I love my sister. What's it to you?

Anal sex can have long-term damaging effects on the anus. It's also gross to have shit on your dick.

What makes you more right than me? You're judging just like me.

Posted

Apparently, incest isn't that prone to create genetic defects, but I wouldn't really know all that much since I haven't researched it a lot, but bestiality is more like, an animal abuse type issue, since that's how it's treated.

Posted

What's wrong with bestiality? puppy you, that offends me.

Maybe I love my sister. What's it to you?

Anal sex can have long-term damaging effects on the anus. It's also gross to have shit on your dick.

What makes you more right than me? You're judging just like me.

I'm not saying that I'm right, I'm saying that I disagree with you and I -think- I'm right.

And what I meant by mentioning genetic defects is that other people are being affected. (the genetically defective children I mean)

If someone is willing to harm their own body, that's not my business. Just like it's not my business that you are religious and I'm not.

when you say that homosexuals are less than others, that crosses the line between it being your own business. And then you keep going at it too.

I might sound "higher than thou" or whatever to you, but I'm not just blatantly mocking or insulting you.

and Saha, I'm going to go grammar nazi all up in this and point out you have two apparently's.

Posted

The whole point of Christianity isn't to judge everyone else, anyway.

And don't judge others.

I don't like the stereotypical homosexual (flirty attitude, high-pitched voice, very feminine)

I'm smarter than a wolf, but yeah I guess I can't say the same for everybody.

You told us not to judge, but you judged people who act stereotypically gay and made the generalization that people who have buttsex are no more intelligent than animals what.