Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword General

272 posts in this topic

Posted

first post knuckle

Posted

Oh. My bad.

Posted

I have both IE and FireFox but I like using IE most and rarely ever used FireFox

Posted

I can't wate to get this game!!!! Is Skyloft conected with the the palice of winds or waver its called in Twilight Princess? I wonder ;) (time line in process)

Posted

That made me wonder; is there a confirmed connection with skyloft and the wind tribe from Minish Cap?

Posted

Probably, Knuckle.

Posted

I can't wate to get this game!!!! Is Skyloft conected with the the palice of winds or waver its called in Twilight Princess? I wonder ;) (time line in process)

i stared at this for like a minute before i understood what the puppy you were saying

I can't wait to get this game!!!! Is Skyloft connected with the the palace of winds or whatever its called from Twilight Princess? I wonder (the time line is still in process)

Posted

In progress*

I see a clear connection between the Palace of Winds and the Wind Tribe, though.

Like, it's really blatant. I don't even know why we're questioning this.

Posted

Hey does anyone remember who the Sage of Wind was?

fado.png

CONNECTION???????

Posted

And goshdarn it cascada.

YOU AND YOUR OBSESSION WITH AESTHETICS

so much hate :<<<<<<<<

Also palice are the worst type of lice. Nasty wee buggers.

Posted

Hey does anyone remember who the Sage of Wind was?

fado.png

CONNECTION???????

Yes I do. It's Makar. :P

In all seriousness though I'm pretty sure Fado=/=Link.

Posted

And what does wind have to do with Skyward Sword?

Posted

my point was not that it was link or that it was makar. I was drawing a connection that someone associated with wind, (which you already used for two goddamn examples) wears a green tunic like link. i wasnt saying this was link or anything, otherwise i would just call mido link because he wears green

i mean come on

Posted

I learned a lesson today: don't trust EBGames when they give a release date. I go to an EBGames to see if they have a finalized price for a Skyward Sword+MotionPlus bundle or anything like it (apparently nothing of the sort has been thought of/announced yet... why? dunno. odd.); and the guy at the counter gives me a release date of November 1st. Are these stores even allowed to do this kinda stuff before the developer/company itself confirms the release date? I'm hoping someday that stops because really... all it does is raise unneeded questions and concerns and wastes valuable time on the phone getting the facts straight. I went to places like Gamefaqs/Gamespot/IGN and they all say the same thing... TBA 2011.

Personally as long as it comes out this year I'll be happy (which I've heard rumored that it will), but I'd appreciate it if video game stores would quit giving people the runaround and spreading false information. If they're doing crap like that to get customer's pre-orders easier, that's just dirty and underhanded.

Anyway, as for the game itself... wow. I didn't know up until now that they added a running feature for Link. I love it! And a vertical spin slash? Cool! It's like they took the Head Splitter (jumping-spinslash) from Twilight Princess and beasted it out. The more I hear about this game, the more excited I get. Release day won't come soon enough! :P

Posted

T1G, the connection isn't to wind, but that the Kokiri evolved into the Koroks.

Fado even has a Kokiri name. (I believe most of their names are based on the classic Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do singing scale) Makar and Fado have the same instrument, because they were both descendants of the Deku Tree that were destined to become the sage of winds. Same with the Zora -> Rito sage connection.

But if you must know why the EARTH BOUND PLANT CREATURE got wind and the FLYING ON THE WINDS BIRD CREATURE got earth, I can't remember the Medli -> Earth connection, but it has to do with the Japanese association of leaves to wind. If you notice, in p. much any Japanese game where wind happens, leaves are blowing in the wind. For instance, the Deku Leaf. It blows wind. Go figure. In Animal Crossing, when a chilling breeze blows, it carries a leaf. In Okami, when you bring wind, you bring leaves too.

So that kinda' makes sense.

Sahaqiel