Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Doctor Who

157 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm just gonna keep listing the awesome qualities of Rory Williams if that's okay. It's fun.

Okay, The God Complex. The monster manipulates people by using their fears. Every time they open a door, they see what they fear most.

Every time Rory opens a door, what does he see? Fire exits.

RORY HAS NO FEAR TO BE EXPLOITED.

DA BES.

Posted

I'm just gonna keep listing the awesome qualities of Rory Williams if that's okay. It's fun.

Okay, The God Complex. The monster manipulates people by using their fears. Every time they open a door, they see what they fear most.

Every time Rory opens a door, what does he see? Fire exits.

RORY HAS NO FEAR TO BE EXPLOITED.

DA BES.

Clearly, Rory fears fire exits.

-shot-

Rory's probably my second favorite.

Posted

Anyone else want to talk about how puppying awesome River is?

Also, no love for Rose? :< I am disappoint.

article-1345722345522-0ED3A84C00000578-91264_466x310.jpg

Rose was great. As a character I'm not sure she's really my favourite, but she definitely left the biggest impression for me.

Also I was looking at shirt designs the other day and saw this:

fc,550x550,brown.jpg

Also, Donna's my favourite.

And I've not watched the original series, but I was considering getting to that after I've caught up.

Posted

I really like the Vashta Nerada because they give rationalization to my fear of the dark.

I am afraid of the dark because it might instantly devour my flesh.

Posted (edited)

Oh jeez, I remember that episode!

Admittedly one of my favorites, but yeah. Really hammered on the primal fears. Not sure which I find more disconcerting; the Vashta Nerada or the Weeping Angels. Probably the former, because so long as you've got a group of people you can survive the Angels, providing you don't all blink at the same time. With the VN, you're screwed if you step into a dark room, regardless of how many people you've got.

Two shadows. . .

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

Every now and again I check to see if I have two shadows.

And then uneven lighting causes me to actually have two shadows and I panic.

Posted

One day there will be twelve doctors and the wall calendars will be magnificent.

DR SHRUBBERY! likes this

Posted

I tried watching one of the tv specials of the original series on Netflix. 4th doctor since hes said to be the most iconic of the original series. It was awful.

oh and thanks for that explanation, Tappy

Posted

Has anybody else here read Shada? It's based off of an old Doctor Who script written by Douglas Adams that never wound up on air. It's really good.

Posted

One day there will be twelve doctors and the wall calendars will be magnificent.

Imagine the clocks.

Posted

I have all the old ones, but never watched them because I've heard that they just bad.

Posted

I imagine the new series would be a lot more gritty and angsty because it's post-time-war. Wouldn't think the originals would be that bad though >: Though I guess worse effects and quality. And I think the companions tended to be children??? Or did I hear that wrong.

Posted

Midnight for creepiest episode.

Posted

The quality for the old series is just awful. And it's not even the special effects or costumes, it's everything. Including the actual filming (there was a scene where they were walking around town for 5 mins and they kept going in and out of frame) and the stories.

Posted

I was going to watch these new ones. I sat and watched the first 20 minutes of them, but didn't find it interesting and left. Doctor Who has, in my opinion, downgraded since I used to enjoy it several years ago. I think it's Matt Smith. Not doctor-y enough.