Talk

16818 posts in this topic

Posted

So the other day I watched a Korean movie called "I'm a Cyborg, but That's OK." It was pretty good.

It's about a girl named Young-goon who believes she's a cyborg. She's taken to a psych ward called the Sanitorium, and there she falls for Il-Sun, an anti social person obsessed with brushing his teeth. She feels the need to kill all of the "White-uns" (Doctors) at the sanitorium, as her grandmother was also mentally unstable (She thought she and Young-goon were mice), and they took her grandmother away from her. A hallucination of Young-goon's grandma keeps trying to tell her what the purpose of existance is, and always fails.

It's on Netflix, if you have that new-fangled thingamajigger. (Dear god why does this accept thingamajigger as a word)

Posted

While watching the Walking Dead, I have come to realize that I can never remember all of the characters names. To me, they are Sheriff, Sheriff's wife, Sheriff's son, Sheriff's best friend, Crossbow, Pizza Guy, Short Hair, Short Hair's daughter, Black Guy, RV, and Whiny Bitch. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone...

i classify characters similarly in almost every show. especially zombie movies. its not even a pay attention/dont pay attention thing, its a "how many times an ep are their names yelled" thing.

(Dear god why does this accept thingamajigger as a word)

laughing so hard at this

Posted

While watching the Walking Dead, I have come to realize that I can never remember all of the characters names. To me, they are Sheriff, Sheriff's wife, Sheriff's son, Sheriff's best friend, Crossbow, Pizza Guy, Short Hair, Short Hair's daughter, Black Guy, RV, and Whiny Bitch. I don't think I'm forgetting anyone...

What about the zombies :o

Posted

Hello everyone. How has everyone been? I've been busy, like usual.

So for the past two days I've been hearing about this thing called the Hunger Games and in all honesty, it's starting to piss me off. Like everyone in school is talking about it and it's apparently a new movie everyone is seeing and it's just all around annoying to hear about.

Posted

At least four of my friends IRL are reading it, and one or two people have posted the trailer on Facebook.

Sounds like a big deal. It honestly looks like a good movie though.

Posted

My friend talked about it when she got over here and she was like, "I don't know what it is, but I want to see it." So I really hope she doesn't drag me to see it.

Posted

My friend who works at the library is reading that series, since it's become the new popular young adult series. From what I've heard, it's set in a future dystopia where they make kids fight each other to the death. So, kind of like Battle Royale. First book's supposed to be more action-packed, with the next two books more slow-paced and with more social commentary.

Posted

A friend of mine saw it today and called it the next generation's harry potter, and the people around him agreed. But if the second and third books are like you say, I would be wary to keep calling it that.

I myself have not seen the movie yet, but I think I'd like to if it's really that good. Though I should also mention, for context, Inception is one of my ideas of brilliant. Aside from all the jokes surrounding that movie and the criticism it gets for being based off an already popular anime movie(and criticism for stealing from it? Hardly, if anything the few scenes that were at all relatable to paprika were tributes to the original at best), I still call that movie one of my favorites out of all the ones I've seen.

Posted

I hear from my suitemaet that you should read the books before seeing the movie, which apparently does a bad job of explaining things but is pretty good otherwise

Posted

I read the books a few weeks ago.

They're decent. Idk. A lot of people dislike the second and third, and they definitely aren't as good as the first, but I didn't mind them.

Posted

Hello everyone. How has everyone been? I've been busy, like usual.

So for the past two days I've been hearing about this thing called the Hunger Games and in all honesty, it's starting to piss me off. Like everyone in school is talking about it and it's apparently a new movie everyone is seeing and it's just all around annoying to hear about.

My friend who works at the library is reading that series, since it's become the new popular young adult series. From what I've heard, it's set in a future dystopia where they make kids fight each other to the death. So, kind of like Battle Royale. First book's supposed to be more action-packed, with the next two books more slow-paced and with more social commentary.

i dont quite remember what i /thought/ it was about, but when i was told the actual synopsis, i will say, my ears perked up. ive been thinking of reading it, but i probably wont get around to it until the hype is well over, just like with pretty much everything else. i also heard they had issues making the movie as they were trying to capture the book, but needed to trim out the gore.

Posted

Meh. I don't know. I may wait until it comes out on DVD to watch it. Unless my friend makes me go to see it.

Posted

I feel like this has happened before-

YLA complains about something popular that he has no information about, just because it's popular.

I can't remember what but he did this last time a popular thing showed up.

Posted

The first two books are good. I haven't read the third yet.

If nothing else, I'm going to watch the movie because of Jennifer Lawrence. Yes please.

Posted

I saw it without reading the books, and I very much enjoyed it and thought it was well made. I recommend it.