You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

yeah

Posted

Holy puppy! This shit gets on my nerves. I feel like I’m in a goddamn webcomic. Theres nothing I hate more than a rhetorical conversation, where the other guy is just waiting to talk, no rapport is created, no ideas are communicated. It transcends politics, nationalities, race and credo. These particular folks believe these things with a religious fervor, without thinking, without consideration. This is not how progress is made.

yup

Posted

I can't believe you can even stand talking about politics or anything at all. Personally I have very poorly developed opinions, so naturally I don't enjoy talking about them.

Posted

I'll decline to speak about Ammonsa as she is not here to defend herself, but the way I look at it a lot of groups that oppose the current systems of society have extremely complex and grand statutes (for lack of a better word) dictating a group philosophy, mission statement, etc. When we choose not to immerse ourselves in that group's doctrine and whatnot it can be like we're speaking a different language to them because our fundamental values are so different (because adopting a new doctrine changes your outlook on life on a fundamental level). This just leads to a lot of confused arguing where each side more or less repeats themselves or just prioritizes getting their message out in hopes that the other side will miraculously begin to understand their own "language." 

It's a really hard phenomenon to explain but I hope that made at lease some sense of what you went through. :x

Posted

Regardless of your outlook, you can still totally be wrong even in that outlook.

I glimpsed at the chat and the topic of whether or not any country has done any objective good came up, and apparently the conclusion was no [but that the US is the worst]. That view is completely counter to any real sense of morality, especially just in the sense that there IS no objective good, just relative good. If no one has done any good, then progress would never have been made in comfort or tolerance of any kind. Something good CLEARLY happened at some point that made the net "goodness level" raise even a little bit. Especially if you think no country has done any good, then all you have to rely on is relative morality and quality. So the countries that have contributed the least "bad" would in a sense be the one that is the "best". Just the fact that Ammonsa asked what good the US has done shows how disillusioned she is. If she considers anything she enjoys as "good" then she's got to consider that the US made the internet, that thing that is the only reason she can communicate with the people she does now. The US has done a lot of bad shit, for sure, but to ask what good has come out of any of it as if it is a challenge to think of one single positive thing that has come out of the US, or really any country, then you simply don't want to look. To say no country has done any good is to say that humanity in general has no sense of good. It's a pointless self-defeating argument, and hypocritical at the very least because you're not contributing anything good to society, just rampant pessimism and hate-mongering.

There's a limit to cultural perspectives making you "right" in your own paradigm of thinking. In this case, the paradigm is clearly wrong.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

i'll never forgive the US of A for creating the conditions that led to this forum and subsequently all of you existing in my life. worst country EVER

i've been having trouble sleeping lately. had a terrible sleep last night, kept waking up during the night and I had a half 6 start at work this morning... which I was nearly late for today... was pretty fun if you look at it in a certain way...

also one of the trashy-as-puppy magazines we sell at my work had this on the cover today...

XLxDGvs.jpg

ya gotta love the slur use and the blatant misgendering, which was really puppying weird because the actual article itself was very sympathetic and respectful???? i guess they just wanted a SHOCKING headline as these magazines tend to do. but still pissed me off a bit. how can you be all supportive and stuff and then immediately use 'tranny' and the wrong pronouns. assholes. her story was really nice though she has a lovely supportive family & friend group it seems. glad to hear her life's going up since being able to start e and about to get surgery. 

same time though, dumb rant, just made me feel stupidly self-conscious about myself again since I haven't done anything at all about my own life since accepting i was trans over 5 (6?) years ago. and now i'm 21 and its too late to reverse certain things... i'm so indecisive and unsure about everything and i dont want to uproot my entire social group and life in general AGAIN. that one bout of depression @ uni was bad enough thanks. just. jealous of everyone whose brave enough to come out and be themselves despite all the shit we get. i hate talking about this lmao. just needed to vent somewhere I Guess

Treemotan and pheonix561 like this

Posted

yeah

Posted

I have like, three trans friends now. One of them has only come out to close friends, another is just starting her like vocal therapy and all the proper stuff, and another is near the point of her surgery. The third is the person I'm going to share a flat with next year. She's cool. You could come through and hang out, if you felt that knowing more trans people could help.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

AUGH one of the magazines in Harris Teeter had a similar article that I saw last night, made me annoyed. Is it really that hard for people to grasp that if a woman transitions, she's probably doing it because she doesn't want to bee seen as male in any way? Sheesh, people only think about themselves and what they see way too often :sadlink:

Treemotan likes this

Posted

That'd actually be really cool, Teto. It'd be nice to meet trans people IRL and feel less like it's some special snowflake thing that I only am when on tumblr or something. We need to hang out more anyways. Getting away from Stirling for a bit would also help a bit haha :V hate this puppyin' place

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

(next year just go on the dole and share a cheap-ass flat with people, and live on pocket change)

((it's what I plan to do))

Posted

WHO ARE THE PATRIOTS!?!

Posted (edited)

LA LI LU LE LO

but no puppy the patriots and puppy the seahawks

Edited by Treemotan (see edit history)

Posted

Huh. Woken up a record 5 times over the course of a morning by the same person.

Posted

What happened?