You know what I hate the most?

1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Nothing of substance. Just a bunch of random stuff.

Posted

http://amultiverse.com/comic/2015/02/24/to-boldly-go/

This shit drives me up the puppying wall. Oh yeah, that Star Trek show sure wasn't progressive at ALL. Nope. Nevermind that it was 2 years before the Civil rights Bill was passed. Or 3 years before we WENT TO THE MOON. Or 30+ years before the fall of the Soviet Union.

And you go to this dude's twitter and its MAXIMUM echochamber in effect. Everyone who disagrees with him is #GG ethics in spacefairing bullshit. 

https://twitter.com/jonrosenberg

Check it out for yourself, it may not mean as much to you if you don't care about Star Trek, but the way he talks is so ridiculous. Like hes the one to show how racist the show that invented progressive Sci Fi for the masses is. Rant over

Posted

Doesn't context kind of matter there... Like sure the comic is correct but the series was made a lot time ago. You can't compare progressive then to progressive now. At one point, wanting to abolish slavery but still not thinking of black people as people was progressive.

Posted

Its so short sighted and reductionist. Did you know Lt Uhuras chair was situated behind Kirk so that she couldn't be edited out of episodes by southern TV stations? They took great pains to depict a world where we were beyond the petty differences of the past.

Posted

Spock died today

Posted

False. He is retweeting RIP messages on Twitter. It's a publicity stunt.

Posted

There was this guy across the hall from me, his name was Benjamin and he lived quite an exciting life. He grew up penniless in Mississippi and had to work instead of going to school. He joined the Army and served in Korea. Afterwards he went to college and studied to be an Architect. He traveled all over the world designing buildings and in 2005 suffered a stroke which ultimately landed him here. 

He died this past Sunday. What I hate the most is losing people. 

Rest in peace Benji.

Knuckle and Sahaqiel like this

Posted

Been a tough week.

Sahaqiel likes this

Posted

Watching people gamble badly

Posted

I'll bet.

Knuckle likes this

Posted

Yeah, episode 35 was pretty tense

Posted

I am like 80% sure that by the time I get to my spring break I will be sick with the worst allergies/flu/cold combination ever because I haven't been sick since August and usually first-year teachers get sick ever all the time

I've been eating a lot of vegetables and lots of water but I probably don't sleep enough considering how I want to pass out around 5pm everyday

Posted

Breastfeeding in public

Posted

People eating in public.

pheonix561 likes this

Posted

People in public.

The public in general.

Sahaqiel likes this