1667 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you guys ever want to just like, hurt a large group of people

Posted

what

Posted (edited)

like, just to send a message to the world

perhaps on a planned day, in a public place

Edited by L.L. Bean's Menswear (see edit history)

Posted

that sounds like a terrible idea, please don't do that

Posted

You're right. I changed my mind and I don't have any desire to do thing anymore

Posted

Please don't ever go on a shooting spree.

Posted

You totally have the face for it though. I could see you killing a bunch of people. You seem like the type.

From experience though, don't do it. Not recommended.

LLmao ?✊? and pheonix561 like this

Posted

Voldemort has basically ruined evil murderous wizards forever. You're either less bad than him or you're somehow even more genocidal and horrible. He's the golden standard now to the point that even I can't look at an evil wizard without being like "he's mean and all, but is he worse than Voldemort?" 

It's touch being an evil wizard these days.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

That's kind of like Hitler. Voldemort may have been pretty terrible, but he didn't want to kill all of the Muggles, just establish a caste system where the most pure-blooded wizards rule, I'm pretty sure.

Incidentally, I really like that the explanation for his terribleness is pretty much that love potions remove your child's ability to love. It's kind of perfect.

SilverAlchemic likes this

Posted

My self confidence has been puppyed up lately following an incident a couple weeks ago which I won't go into, because just now all I want to do is vent my current thoughts, rather than get riled up thinking about all that mess.

I'm just starting to feel like I'm just a deeply naive person, and that I have no real control over my awareness of others perceptions of me. That people have no choice than to just be themselves, whether or not it's good for anybody else. It makes perfect sense when I start putting it like this, because as is standard when it comes to learning lessons and forming understandings, you end up saying things that you've heard a hundred times before, but only now do you really truly understand it's meaning.

I don't really understand this one yet though, but I feel like I'm close to landing. People's perceptions are fickle, and if they get a wrong look at you in the first instance it'll skew their impression of you each subsequent meeting. I feel like I'm a good person and I believe I'm worthy to be liked, but then I realise there's no way for me to understand how other people see me, and so I don't know if I really can expect others to see me favourably. I'm not really that aware of myself and how people see me at all, or if I am then I don't have the wisdom to address the issue.

I guess there's a lot more self examination to do, which is the most reasonable thing to do, but I also feel like just letting it all hang out and be myself, even if the self I present is poorly expressed, and his actions unwise and ill considered. The latter sounds unpleasant. Trying to imagine myself from an outsiders perspective, I don't like what I see, and I can't convince myself anymore that anybody else would like it either. I don't doubt the worthiness of myself, based on what goes on in my head, but the person that comes out on the surface is a mess by comparison, the majority of the time.

I feel like this is reasonable. Not everybody expresses themselves well. People can have beautiful imaginations, but lack the artistic skill to show their vision to others. I am a good person, but I lack the ability to express my qualities. So as a conclusion which I got to by writing this now, I guess I don't hate myself. I just hate the way I look and act on the outside.

Posted

When you say people can have skewed impressions of you because they perceive you wrongly at the outset, I think you're only half-right. Most people are adaptive and will pay attention to everything you do, allowing themselves to change opinions and develop new impressions of you. It's only a few, stubborn people that say "This person has been like this so that must be their truest self and I won't change my opinion of them ever." I would say that sort of person isn't worth worrying about. Surround yourself with positive, compassionate people who will enjoy your company no matter what and don't worry about the rest.

I hope that helps to encourage you, because I really don't think you're naive at all :o

Posted

In my experience there are more people in the former category than the latter

Posted

J'ai une ame solitaire

Posted

You're a lonely soul in a land of broken hearts.

Posted

Knuckle, I hate that too. My personal example is this: I am pretty reserved in person. So the few times when I am adamant about meeting someone or I make the first move in meeting someone, I feel like it sends the wrong impression. Or like I come on strong as an outgoing person and then seemingly withdraw. I dunno.

pheonix561 and Chase like this